Ads

Patch Notes 10/01/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Everdin

Re: Patch Notes 10/01/2024

Post#31 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:43 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:36 am
lumpi33 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:17 am Hold on, you nerfed KDs on BWs and SWs but didn't touch the strongest KD in the game? The Spiteful Slam up to 5s KD of the BG? Even add a nerf to Stoutness of Stone? Alright, that is a strong give-away who is doing the balancing. Nerf everyone, especially the other realm but don't touch the own main toon and the other goodies on the main realm side. Seriously?...
You serious? Hardly anyone runs shield BG, because the KD isn't on demand. It's a meme and ofc annoying, if on the receiving end. The duration is based on hate, therefore different to "normal" CC. Man, you pulling stuff up which isn't even relevant to daily gameplay. We don't play the character builder game and the ones with strongest skills on paper win.
While it is correct that it is not on demand and on the more rarely side, it's not like "Oh my god, you never have it up when you need it". If I'm on shield with IB, in a normal fight, shield of reprisal is always up.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#32 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:34 am

Do I understand the Dok aura Covenant of Celerity correctly…..

All group mates within 100 feet of you gain a 20% chance to Cripple anyone that they damage, dealing 187 Spirit damage and reducing the victim's run speed by 20% for 9 seconds.

Does this mean that if I am playing a Sorc, SH shaman and I am in a Doks party and they are running this and I am standing 95 feet away from the dok and I cast a ranged AOE that damages anyone 100 away from me that theoretically I could snare any enemy 195 ft away from the dok ( if we were all lined up in the same direction)? So if this were coordinated with multiple AOE classes within the dok aura both short range choppa or long range Sorc you would have a 20% chance on any damage to the enemy at any range to snare them for 9 seconds?

If this is true might be time I finally re roll Destro.

Orontes

Post#33 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:31 pm

Per the SW knockdown nerf: how many classes with a knockdown ability have to go through a two step ability process to activate it and then have a 30 second cooldown? I think this is unique to the SW now.

If there is going to be this two step imposition, I think the knockdown should be reverted to the prior 3 second model. If not, then revert to the prior Eyeshot 2 second knockdown that has real range mobility.

The other clear question is how does this patch knockdown change improve the class? How does it make the SW more desirable for group play? How does it make the SW more effective? In either consideration I think the answer is it does not.
Last edited by Orontes on Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gladiolix

Post#34 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:37 pm

Orontes wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:31 pm Per the SW knockdown nerf: how many classes with a knockdown ability have to go through a two step ability process to activate it and then have a 30 second cooldown? I think this is unique to the SW now.
Both ranged knockdowns are now 2-step skills, SW has this and BW needs to apply ignite first, which the KD the n extinquishes.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Alexwar

Post#35 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:44 pm

SW still getting disable stance bug, fix it pls!

Tesq

Post#36 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:51 pm

Gladiolix wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:37 pm
Orontes wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:31 pm Per the SW knockdown nerf: how many classes with a knockdown ability have to go through a two step ability process to activate it and then have a 30 second cooldown? I think this is unique to the SW now.
Both ranged knockdowns are now 2-step skills, SW has this and BW needs to apply ignite first, which the KD the n extinquishes.
all dd kd should be 2 sec really, only tank should have 3 sec, as it was in 1.4.6 pre ninja change of 1.4.7

Orontes

Post#37 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:54 pm

Gladiolix wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:37 pm
If one wants to make a parity argument, then they need to pay attention to the cooldowns of both abilities

zumos2

Post#38 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:28 pm

If there is going to be this two step imposition, I think the knockdown should be reverted to the prior 3 second model. If not, then revert to the prior Eyeshot 2 second knockdown that has real range mobility.

The other clear question is how does this patch knockdown change improve the class? How does it make the SW more desirable for group play? How does it make the SW more effective? In either consideration I think the answer is it does not.
You call it a two step ability process, but VoN is off the global cooldown, so it is as fast as it was before. The reason it has shorter duration/longer cooldown is to make up for the fact it is a ranged knockdown, which obviously has its upsides to a knockdown requiring to be in melee. Speaking of, you still have a melee knockdown in Assault spec as well.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ads
Minisynn

Post#39 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:59 pm

Engi/Magus for turret spawn + knockdown, but with a 60 second cooldown since it's AoE
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

gargharoth

Post#40 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:21 pm

The black orc is now disabled :lol:
Kupaczabra
Roadblock