Recent Topics

Ads

Wards and Patch

Let's talk about... everything else
akisnaakkeli

Re: Wards and Patch

Post#41 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:58 am

Wdova wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:38 am In original game Age of Reckoning, Ward system was for PvE (dungeons) only. For each piece of ward yo took 10% less damage from mobs and dealt 10% more damage to them.
Here in RoR its implementation is completely different and I dont know why. Maybe devs can explain why they took Wards and apply them to buy RvR gear/weapons. Maybe to artificaly slow gear progression?
It just makes "poor" "Poorer" for longer period of time, while rr80 geared characters can farm them longer.
Yes. And you got Wards from RvR as well in Original game. I cannot understand wards in ror because there is no king to kill(Best PVE-Enemy King instance Mini bosses and King at the end) got the best wpns(highest dps and original procs!) from those Minibosses on your way to King. Wards Mattered then, and MT who is missing 1-2 wards made the enemy king kill VERY much harder.

In RoR their purpose is to limit players, in RoR this is almost always their approach... "Forcing" People to play how they want, and removing Core gameplay mechanics or skills. Can anyone name something ROR did that made the game better? They actually like to force people to party up, and you get less renown and less sc pops and less everything if you are not in party. But no this is not Special treatment in their eyes : D

Now as a long time player of aor and ror Im very impressed by the Ability Rework and at the same time i really dont understand how not being able to get SENTI JEWEL and BLOODLORD for months would be acceptable idea in any way... You should just be able to buy it for 50 silver even that is better than not being able to get it at all.

Ads
Helwer

Post#42 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:26 pm

Yes, we can stop the ward system indeed. Especially after more than 1 month of no possible dungeons for vanq/invader-ward or ch22. You have to spend crests for progress and prices for +24 Talis increase more and more. Ability rework should have been full package with all content or not at all. Compensation would be nice, at least x2 crest event or something.

ShadowWar

Post#43 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:41 pm

Helwer wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:26 pm Yes, we can stop the ward system indeed. Especially after more than 1 month of no possible dungeons for vanq/invader-ward or ch22. You have to spend crests for progress and prices for +24 Talis increase more and more. Ability rework should have been full package with all content or not at all. Compensation would be nice, at least x2 crest event or something.
Bad takes for 1000 Alex.

"If you can't give us everything, give us nothing!"

I've never done any dungeons. It. Is. Not. Needed.

Sweat less.

Fey

Post#44 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:55 am

If you want to be BiS dungeons are absolutely fire-board those mother jammas necessary. Just because you don't ever do dungeons isn't meaningful in the slightest.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Helwer

Post#45 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:13 pm

ShadowWar wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:41 pm
Helwer wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:26 pm Yes, we can stop the ward system indeed. Especially after more than 1 month of no possible dungeons for vanq/invader-ward or ch22. You have to spend crests for progress and prices for +24 Talis increase more and more. Ability rework should have been full package with all content or not at all. Compensation would be nice, at least x2 crest event or something.
Bad takes for 1000 Alex.

"If you can't give us everything, give us nothing!"

I've never done any dungeons. It. Is. Not. Needed.

Sweat less.
Please daddy, tell me what i need and what i not need. Man, if you don't have to add anything usefull, please let it be. Or tell me where to get +5 range on gloves. Really annoying people here.

Rubius
Developer

Post#46 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:01 am

Bastion Stair is just about complete -- expected re-launch date of next week as long as this weekend's testing goes well. :)

georgehabadasher

Post#47 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:34 am

Awesome work! Really impressed that the team is getting PvE back online and swatting bugs so quickly.

Is there word on the timeline for the city dungeons? Or possibly an alternative (temporary) method for players to get their vanquisher ward without using war crests if those dungeons will take a long time to roll out?

akisnaakkeli

Post#48 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:38 am

Rubius wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:01 am Bastion Stair is just about complete -- expected re-launch date of next week as long as this weekend's testing goes well. :)
Nice tyvm=) I dont know what the order is how you work dungeons but Gunbad/Red-Eye should def be lvl 32-36 or so. Also Sentinel/Vale-Walker gear should be available from something Asap. Those are the "earliest" you can be effective, or Onslaught ofc if you we/wh sorc/bw or tank.

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#49 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:01 am

georgehabadasher wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:34 am Awesome work! Really impressed that the team is getting PvE back online and swatting bugs so quickly.

Is there word on the timeline for the city dungeons? Or possibly an alternative (temporary) method for players to get their vanquisher ward without using war crests if those dungeons will take a long time to roll out?
Short answer: yes.

Long answer: More news next week on a temporary method to help people get Sentinel gear. :)

georgehabadasher

Post#50 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:25 pm

That's awesome :D

Keep up the great work guys!