Recent Topics

Ads

Noob Blackguard general questions, help needed

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Elfo7

Noob Blackguard general questions, help needed

Post#1 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:48 pm

Today I played my BG after about 5 years without using it and I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. My gear is outdated, I have conqueror/vanquisher 3/3, everything else is a combination of undying and everlasting. My spec is path of malice until crimson death and path of loathing with one point missing (until I hit rr70) for wave of scorn. Stats pic (not the best, I know):
https://imgur.com/KZVfdD1

I find that I do decently with a healer but my damage output is terrible. I am used to my sorcerer which is what I've been playing recently, I might be biased because of that. For example, I find the range and hitbox of crimson death a little too short and narrow. I have a hard time contributing in a siege or open rvr.
Right now I am using rugged, filled with fury, hastened doom adn terrifying foe. RA's deft defender III, Might II, Opportunist III, Vigor III. I am RR 65.

I want, if possible, a 2h tank that can dish some nice damage in open rvr and keep defense/offense while still being tanky. Is it possible? What kind of gear or RA combination would be the best? I guess my STR is too low for this, but I fear I might die even faster if I focus on STR? Also, is hstened doom worth it?

Any advice appreciated.

Ads
diegomess

Re: Noob Blackguard general questions, help needed

Post#2 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:01 am

well your dmg output got a big nerf now while your mirror got a huge buff overall so good luck with that
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Zxul

Post#3 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:03 am

On the side note, did anyone check aa haste setup on bg, now that the channel got nerfed as a dmg source?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

banites

Post#4 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:23 am

Hello there fellow BG! Your expectation on your BG is a little too much.. your RR65 you still cant be tanky and do damage YET. you wont be able to do that until your atleast Bloodlord/Warlord level then it gets better from there.

at that gear level you need to choose one. Go full offensive or be defensive 2hander.

best advice is get the Sentinel weapon with the +10% defenses proc (you will be using this forever) IF you can get 650 toughness (combined with buff and terrifying foe tactic) you will have soft cap toughness. parry tactic if very important. let go of either filled with fury or hastened doom (my advice is go for hastened doom. the wounds debuff is awesome) crimson death range is fine you just have to get used to it.

for defensive armor ill go red eye until the armor bonus then vanq pieces or sent pieces

for offensive dominator set is good

you are a tank first concentrate on supporting your mdps. you have all the debuffs and tools to mow them down. your dps will never be great but it can be enough to bring them down.

Matlouraph

Post#5 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:13 pm

Brutal smash doesn t increase disrupt anymore with willpower buff since patch ?

Uchoo

Post#6 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:57 pm

Enraged Beating caught a huge nerf so that's probably the main reason, otherwise you are just behind the modern gear curve.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8