Recent Topics

Ads

Stat changes and parry - mabe overtuned?

Let's talk about... everything else
amaroq

Stat changes and parry - mabe overtuned?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:39 pm

With the new changes to stats particularly weaponskill its giving WS stacking classes i.e. slayer/choppa upwards of 70%+ effective parry(after str strikethrough). While other melee dps classes are stun at around 50% or less. This could effectively make WS stacking classes damn near unable to be hit by melees and tank cc's. Seems like this much parry would not be very healthy for the game or lead to ranged classes having a far bigger advantage vs basically anything not a healer.

As a DoK main this is felt even more so as it makes most of the primary targets that would have been used for melee heals almost not even an option. And before we queue the cry of picking better targets. Giving the amount of slows in game simply running down ranged/healers to smack for life tap heals is often not a viable option. RIP shield/dps DoK/WPs?
Dourdenn - rr8x DoK

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Stat changes and parry - mabe overtuned?

Post#2 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:49 pm

Weapon Skill always added to Parry. It just now doesn't involve a convoluted calculation that was dependent on the enemy's stats to figure out how much it actually gained. Also keep in mind that your Strength gives strikethrough as well. Comparing pre-patch to post-patch the difference is actually a lot smaller than people think. Check out the Extra Calculations tab in the Damage Calculator link in my signature to see how the numbers actually work/compare.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

vanbuinen77

Post#3 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Thats a convoluted way to not answer the question as they are getting 70%+ parry regardless.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Rydiak

Post#4 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:54 pm

But they really aren't, since strikethrough technically went up as well. You can't pick out one stat without considering the other.

Please, play around with my Chance to Hit calculator under the Extra Calculations tab of my Damage Calculator (link in my signature). You might be surprised at how the numbers actually compare.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

amaroq

Post#5 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:58 pm

With stacking WS they are getting ~24-26% parry form the stat + upwards of 56-60% parry from rr/gear/sent tali etc. Giviing them 80%+ parry. Even at max str of 1050 you're only getting 10-11% strikethrough giving them 70%+ parry effectively
Dourdenn - rr8x DoK

Tastykate

Post#6 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:25 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:54 pm But they really aren't, since strikethrough technically went up as well. You can't pick out one stat without considering the other.

Please, play around with my Chance to Hit calculator under the Extra Calculations tab of my Damage Calculator (link in my signature). You might be surprised at how the numbers actually compare.
1050 OFF - 10.5 Strike thru
1050 DEF - 31.5 Parry

Chance to hit 58%
Pre Patch Hit: 71.5%

Rydiak

Post#7 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:33 pm

Tastykate wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:25 pm
Rydiak wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:54 pm But they really aren't, since strikethrough technically went up as well. You can't pick out one stat without considering the other.

1050 DEF - 31.5 Parry

Chance to hit 58%
Exactly. A 13-percentage point difference. Not the 70%+ that everyone keeps crying about, and that is pretty much the absolute worst-case example.

amaroq

Post#8 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:42 pm

a 13% increase while the base of 50-60% base didnt change...that gives you your 70% parry chance? lol
Will need to correct me if I'm wrong but that new increase of 13% is coming from the difference in stat values in terms of adding to parry% and strikethrough values?
Last edited by amaroq on Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dourdenn - rr8x DoK

Ads
Rotgut

Post#9 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:46 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:33 pm

1050 DEF - 31.5 Parry

Chance to hit 58%
Exactly. A 13-percentage point difference. Not the 70%+ that everyone keeps crying about, and that is pretty much the absolute worst-case example.
Will need more testing but 13% can make a lot of difference, cuz you gotta think about what in other games has been called "breakpoints", which (in RoR) is the difference between incoming healing and incoming damage. If that 13% is enough to make it so the average incoming healing will always EASILY be higher than the incoming damage when two melee balls are fighting each other, making it so mdps balls can't really kill each other (except for Slayers who have Rampage, but Gravord already announce that its getting nerfed soon) then you'll see, in my opinion, a shift towards more rdps and the return of morale drop meta.

amaroq

Post#10 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:50 pm

Rotgut wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:46 pm
Rydiak wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:33 pm

1050 DEF - 31.5 Parry

Chance to hit 58%
Will need more testing but 13% can make a lot of difference, cuz you gotta think about what in other games has been called "breakpoints", which (in RoR) is the difference between incoming healing and incoming damage. If that 13% is enough to make it so the average incoming healing will always EASILY be higher than the incoming damage when two melee balls are fighting each other, making it so mdps balls can't really kill each other (except for Slayers who have Rampage, but Gravord already announce that its getting nerfed soon) then you'll see, in my opinion, a shift towards more rdps and the return of morale drop meta.
This is where I have felt it a lot recently. At least when playing melee healers the ability to hit into WS mdps for lifetaps and I am lucky if even 1 hit gets through = little to no healing for my team, let alone the dps issue. Melee classes/comps are very common mabe even more so on destro so making other key mdps classes basically a hard pass due to not being able to push enough dmg into them vs their incoming healing is a serious issue. Add in all the AoE snares/absorbs and such offered by the teams support classes this only scales the issue more.
Dourdenn - rr8x DoK