Recent Topics

Ads

4 problems killing this server

Let's talk about... everything else
Garamore

Re: 4 problems killing this server

Post#51 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:11 am

Rotgut wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:52 am
Absinth wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:49 am ...if you mean RVR then you are also wrong because most of the time the zone is either on the equal numbers or in favour of order and we are talking about ~15h 30min of a day order rekts destro (this includes mostly NA time), 5h 30 min is destro having fun (mostly at the end of NA hours and eu mid to late primetime) and 3h is fair fight (early EU primetime) And this is how it mostly sits on, this is how the 24h time distribution is always when i look at the orvr stats. majority of the day is order having higher numbers most of the time.
This is just straight up wrong and you can check here: https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk/

54% Destro to 46% Order in the last 24h, at the time of this being posted.

"order rekts destro (this includes mostly NA time)" - Are you kidding? Big Inc has been playing almost every single night for the past what, month? HoB also logs in at the tail end of EU and stays for a bit during NA. NA is the most one sided timezone by far.

"5h 30 min is destro having fun (mostly at the end of NA hours" - Again, completely off and the other reason why NA is one sided. Late NA is when The Jempire and sometimes Old School logs in, fights Big Inc for 30min and then Order dominates. Late NA is the only timezone where Order has more numbers (unless Formosa decides to log Order during EU mornings, which they've done once in the last 30 days) and it still depends entirely if those guilds decide to play. When they don't, Destro consistently has more numbers.
Yep server is destro dominated - destro clearly won the last city, lotd and got more kills....................................................

Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
derKleineKerl

Post#52 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:31 am

Yeah because the well known order guild FMJ decided to play order If not order would have been farmed in lotd. ;) I mean i dont play that much nowadays but every time i played eu prime time it was one big destro blob. I personal will never understand why wb leaders (order/destro) in this game are so keen to form a big blob.

Rotgut

Post#53 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:48 am

Garamore wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:11 am
Yep server is destro dominated - destro clearly won the last city, lotd and got more kills....................................................

What are we talking about here, which active guilds are better or the pug experience? Cuz numbers matters for pugs. You forgot to show that Order got those kills despite having 46% of the population.

Pugs don't care about how many kills an organized WB got. Pugs care about how easy it is to find a WB to join and how much farm they get. And Destro outnumbers Order every day, they have more pugleaders and their Open WBs have an easier time blobbing, so pug life is just easier on Destro. I can join Perdutoi in the mornings, or log on the afternoon to join Zorbax and blob with Grufrip and Gigi, join Brutality or Roucmonte (he is Destro now) whenever either is around, i can log NA and blob with Big Inc. Can you name even one consistent pugleader on Order i can join? All i can do is log EU Prime and hope that one of the big guilds is around, and even so i'll be outnumbered.

All the kill numbers show is how reliant Destro is on Evil.
Last edited by Rotgut on Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ysaran

Post#54 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:49 am

bw10 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:48 am
Caleb wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:21 pm let's say the Greenskin and Dwarf cities are not developed by the same people who work on the the aspects that this topic is mostly referring to.
you dont know that so why lets say that?
The devs said many times over the years that the ppl managing the pve content aren't the same ppl managing the balance or the pvp campaign or the creations/renovation of new game assets (and all the field-related bugs). Since there is no pvp content in the new cities, one can make an educated guess and assume that those in charge of balance/pvp didn't waste time on the cities project. The fact that this notions are not widely know is, imo, an error in the devs comunication. At the top of every patch there should be a disclaimer saying that non pvp/balance devs was involved in developping pve content. Just for the sake of avoinding the usual situation where ppl start accusing devs of wasting time for the umpteenth time
Zputadenti

Garamore

Post#55 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:08 am

Rotgut wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:48 am
Garamore wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:11 am

What are we talking about here, which active guilds are better or the pug experience? Cuz numbers matters for pugs. You forgot to show that Order got those kills despite having 46% of the population.

Pugs don't care about how many kills an organized WB got. Pugs care about how easy it is to find a WB to join and how much farm they get. And Destro outnumbers Order every day, they have more pugleaders and their Open WBs have an easier time blobbing, so pug life is just easier on Destro. I can join Perdutoi in the mornings, or log on the afternoon to join Zorbax and blob with Grufrip and Gigi, join Brutality or Roucmonte (he is Destro now) whenever either is around, i can log NA and blob with Big Inc. Can you name even one consistent pugleader on Order i can join? All i can do is log EU Prime and hope that one of the big guilds is around, and even so i'll be outnumbered.

All the kill numbers show is how reliant Destro is on Evil.

So we finally get to the root of the issue - there is no pug leader on order whereas destro has loads of them. This is actually a fact and yes I cannot name a single order pugband leader. The pug wb leaders on destro are the true hero's of the game.

Order actually is a pretty unfriendly place - before the mega order blob developed and order were losing all the time, we xreamled over to help out with balance and the amount of negative comments was quite surprising. We were often left to die alone vs 3-4wbs whilst half the realm hid in a keep or wc and there were no pug bands around.

At the time people blamed it on gtdc being op but now thats gone no one has stepped forward. Maybe order need to have a group hug and start setting up pug wbs and joining them.

Rotgut

Post#56 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:16 am

Garamore wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:08 am
So we finally get to the root of the issue - there is no pug leader on order whereas destro has loads of them. This is actually a fact and yes I cannot name a single order pugband leader. The pug wb leaders on destro are the true hero's of the game.

Order actually is a pretty unfriendly place - before the mega order blob developed and order were losing all the time, we xreamled over to help out with balance and the amount of negative comments was quite surprising. We were often left to die alone vs 3-4wbs whilst half the realm hid in a keep or wc and there were no pug bands around.

At the time people blamed it on gtdc being op but now thats gone no one has stepped forward. Maybe order need to have a group hug and start setting up pug wbs and joining them.
No arguments about how important pugleaders are. Shout out to Zorbax for being the most fun WB in this whole game, he is a treasure to this community.

The other two paragraphs i don't like, cuz blaming the players doesn't help to create more pugleaders, doesn't matter if you are right or wrong. We need to incentivize more people to lead organized pugs, its been my personal project for months now with very few results. I made a "basic pugleading guide", i approach people in-game, i led pugs myself on Order and Destro depending on which side has AAO. I really wish Devs would step in at this point, i even made a suggestion thread with some ideas.

Ysaran

Post#57 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:48 am

What do you think would incentivize ppl to lead? The obvious answer would be the usual crest/rp. But maybe also a system with cosmetic rewards?
Zputadenti

Helwer

Post#58 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:51 am

still funny with picking one sided numbers to proof your own view.

@Gara pls post numbers of last Thursday Destro 6h Praag farm fest. With exaxt still the same destro-meta to aoe knockdown and melt for how many years now? Flanks from 3 sides then. Was fun....

Ads
Garamore

Post#59 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:59 am

Helwer wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:51 am still funny with picking one sided numbers to proof your own view.

@Gara pls post numbers of last Thursday Destro 6h Praag farm fest. With exaxt still the same destro-meta to aoe knockdown and melt for how many years now? Flanks from 3 sides then. Was fun....
Unfortunately RVR stats only has the nice graphs for last 24 hrs. We all know that the server swings wildly depending on which guild plays which side. Post was just to show how earlier poster saying server was totally destro dominated was a bit silly.

Rotgut

Post#60 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:15 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:48 am What do you think would incentivize ppl to lead? The obvious answer would be the usual crest/rp. But maybe also a system with cosmetic rewards?
I just thought about making it easier, no idea about what to do about incentives. Every barrier we can remove from forming and leading an organized pugband will, hopefully, attract more players to do so. Add in WarbandLeaderHelper to the list of addons that come with the game, and change Open WBs to be 2/2/2s (ad an option to make them random comp, but standard would be 2/2/2s to eliminate the need for people to answer in /5 to join organized pugbands).
Garamore wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:59 am Unfortunately RVR stats only has the nice graphs for last 24 hrs. We all know that the server swings wildly depending on which guild plays which side. Post was just to show how earlier poster saying server was totally destro dominated was a bit silly.
A guildie of mine made the website, i can get more data if i want. I've also been tracking that website for a while, population has been HEAVILY skewed towards Destro ever since the last patch. Kinda obvious why isn't it, the lack of pugleaders that we agreed on and the two patches of Destro buffs and Order nerfs in a row, it will make more people log Destro.

Discussion isn't about kills, its about pug life. Its not Order that is getting more kills despite being outnumbered, its specific guilds.