Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Rotgut

Re: Patch Notes 06/02/2024

Post#41 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:11 pm

Imo this is making game less about slows and CCm and more about stats, unga bunga, and both Factions got more similar.

Destro was the more mobile faction with more dmg on contact, the "burst them" faction. GTDC, Mara AoE KD, wounds debuff, heal debuff aura, slow dok aura, Choppas didn't need to ramp up anything and could just do their dmg drop on contact.

Order was the "hold and grind them" down faction. More incoming healing buffs, Wounds buff, Raking Talons for the incoming dmg debuff, healing procs on WPs and had to coordinate around Rampage timing.

I'm fine with the Rampage nerf, but it was a big reason why both factions were different. Kinda went step 1 Destro big dmg on contact, step 2 if Order survived they had their big dmg around Rampage, step 3Destro came back with faster morales.

Now thats all gone so, yeah. Both factions will play with upfront dmg, both factions will care a lot about hitting healers (Order didn't HAVE to do that like Destro), both factions will care even more about Morales. And Destro has a 30% speed while Order has a 10% incoming dmg debuff on their "hit their healers" spells, and Destro's morale gain is super overtuned atm cuz they can field morale drain while Order can't.

Ads
Everdin

Post#42 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:28 pm

Gessian wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:10 pm so many cries on this thread... but after playing for 6+ months on Destro, and 2 weeks on order now, noticing how easy it's to play order's classes, I want to say thank you for the update
you guys are great!
became even more interesting to play!
what order class in particular?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

TrainInVain

Post#43 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:46 pm

Some really good changes in the patch.

I'd like to be the first to welcome our new French overlords.

Rydiak

Post#44 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:50 pm

Interesting patch! Would still like to see Covenant of Celerity duration reduced to 2 seconds though.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Mortgrimm

Post#45 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:51 pm

Small scale play as IB even more nerfed after Heavy Blow dmg degrees. Useless aa buff instead. Why?
Solo/small scale WL is still not playable with pet. Not a single fix on that. Speed training tactic? Without the pet is even slower then me.
I really hope there will be some changes where small scale play benefit from patches at some point. Maybe in 2 weeks?
Mortgrimm - IB - guild leader of Thurisaz
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz
Thorhammer - WP - Thurisaz

KissShot

Post#46 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:55 pm

Rampage gutted. #legends

Ruin

Post#47 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:12 pm

So IB Got weaker version of "Waaagh", can we get elemental debuff on it at least?

BG got a copy pasta of WW - not mirroring abilities policy went to hell.

And Choppa got ID but with bigger activation range, and no target requirement, and no need to get in 5ft range to apply, it's up to defenders now to get near Choppa to shatter it. So, its shatter vs clense on realm balance side

Garamore

Post#48 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:19 pm

Ruin wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:12 pm And Choppa got ID but with bigger activation range, and no target requirement, and no need to get in 5ft range to apply, it's up to defenders now to get near Choppa to shatter it. So, its shatter vs clense on realm balance side
Remember all those posts about just shatter rampage.....
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
shoelessHN

Post#49 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:23 pm

Ruin wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:12 pm So IB Got weaker version of "Waaagh", can we get elemental debuff on it at least?

BG got a copy pasta of WW - not mirroring abilities policy went to hell.

And Choppa got ID but with bigger activation range, and no target requirement, and no need to get in 5ft range to apply, it's up to defenders now to get near Choppa to shatter it. So, its shatter vs clense on realm balance side
Yeah no mirroring abilities, only destro should have guard. Only order should have challenge. Don't want to have mirrored abilities, cuz "no mirroring policy" and all.

The choppa ability is not ID. 20s cooldown vs 5s completely changes how you use the ability. Especially if you have a cooldown reducer active.

kazuya482

Post#50 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:48 pm

Incredible patch. Game needed this for a very long time.

Getting super excited to play again.