Recent Topics

Ads

Why?

Let's talk about... everything else
rady

Re: Why?

Post#21 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

Would you play a healer if you could be killed in 1-2 sec?
Ris IB
Risx 8Xrr SH (retired)
BO 85rr (retired)

Ads
Zxul

Post#22 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:45 pm

Landau wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:57 pm If Destro can't find healers, they should have an opportunity to neutralize enemy healers.
Witch Elf on scenarios should have an opportunity to kill any healer in 1-2 sec.
Now Order healers can't be killed at all 1 on 1.
WEs can solo kill healers. Not in 1-2 sec lol, but its doable (though not on full deftard WE, Witchbrew doesn't does that much dmg).

Thing with killing healers in premades as solo though is that you don't only need to get past his personal defenses/heals- you need to get past guard + challenge, which nicely enough stack. Basically the game was, especially in RoR version, specifically made to insure that solo players, no matter personal skill, can't fight premades.

For extra fun, even if you try to gang up on the healer, you still got on top of guard + challenge tanks knocking you down/snaring you mid burst, as well as the other premade healer healing the first one.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Aethilmar

Post#23 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:33 pm

Landau wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:57 pm If Destro can't find healers, they should have an opportunity to neutralize enemy healers.
Witch Elf on scenarios should have an opportunity to kill any healer in 1-2 sec.
This is the optimal way to prevent no-heal traps for Destro at any scenario, they get.
2 heals should be equal 2 Witch Elves on battlefield.

Now Order healers can't be killed at all 1 on 1.
And they have nerfed Witch Elves. No more stealth is available.
It looks like Order must win at all cost.
Uh....maybe you should talk to your Witch Elves. The "top" ones all going toughness/regen instead of glass cannon like they supposed to be.

zgolec

Post#24 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:42 pm

Oh my... que system efed up since day one on AoR...

...and people notice this problem 15 years later.

Paint me shocked XD
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

geezereur

Post#25 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:28 pm

I dont care about having 2/2/2 teams in scs I just dont wanna face premades as a solo pug 95% of the time.

Shima

Post#26 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:28 pm

Why not?

Everdin

Post#27 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:45 am

Fey wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:53 am As far as healing classes personally I have:

2x rr80
1x rr70
2x rr60
1x rr50

The trouble is that no one wants to play healer, because dudes want frags. This is particularly frustrating vis a vis this game. Warhammer has mechanics that make playing healer feel very good, at times you can achieve god-like status. A properly played healer is easily the most important player on the field. Still dudes want frags. Can't really combat that.

Even if scenarios require a healer to pop, there is always the chance that the healer dodges. Unfortunately the answer to not having a healer is most often, play your healer.

Don't give up Bozzax, we all know this is the best game.
It was alread mentioned by somebody else, it's not about the frags, but about the influence you have on winning a fight. You can be the best healer on the world and keeping all your groupmades up the whole scenario, but if they suck, you can heal as much as you want, over time they will beat you without pressure. I would love to give my healers a little push in rank and crests, but at the end I often prefere dps for this reason. Tank is a little bit mixed feelings, your offensive influence is a little bit more, but without proper dps still frustrating.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs