Recent Topics

Ads

Post Ability Rework Balancing Roadmap - Developer Update March 2024.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
yobogoya

Re: Post Ability Rework Balancing Roadmap - Developer Update March 2024.

Post#11 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:03 pm

Well so far, everyone that's been changed feels worse about their class, so big swing and a miss there.

Ads
agemennon675

Post#12 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:12 pm

Only thing I want to know is that if these balance team members played every class to rr80 naturally or not
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Helwer

Post#13 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:12 pm

thx, can we pls also have a roadmap for pve stuff?

warlover

Post#14 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:02 pm

yobogoya wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:03 pm Well so far, everyone that's been changed feels worse about their class, so big swing and a miss there.
I think that could also be a big HomeRun ;)

Tiji

Post#15 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:57 pm

yobogoya wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:03 pm Well so far, everyone that's been changed feels worse about their class, so big swing and a miss there.
No complaints about WP, we're fine where we're at imo

Shima

Post#16 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:13 pm

All I can hope is that things change for better. Besides I never expect much. After the WL nerf and negligection with its bugs, I don't spend more than 20 minutes per day in this game.

RORquest

Post#17 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:15 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:12 pm Only thing I want to know is that if these balance team members played every class to rr80 naturally or not
Most liklely they never play solo and get carried by gear/premade like other 'famous' players on this server. :D

leftayparxoun

Post#18 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:54 pm

Hello and thanks for the informative post!
Although most of the stuff here has already been mentioned in the forums/official discord or at least implied, it's nice to have everything in a comprehensive post we can point back to.

Since you clearly have put effort into bringing clarity into the situation, let me keep the discussion going on one specific aspect that I believe should be better clarified as soon as possible, lest unwanted rumours start spreading in the community; that being the topic of the Balance Team composition.

Prior to today's announcement, from the information available on the forums and official discord, the balance team was comprised of a head Dev (as this post also confirms) and 3 members discussing and voting on balance changes. This post clarified that the current number is 2, which obviously implies something's changed over the last weeks. Since at least one member (which I'd rather not go into details about) seems to have not left due to personal reasons, but instead left on bad terms according to their comments today in the official discord, this poses an issue of trust:
  • If all previous members trusted in the central vision presented in the current post, even if they had disagreements on individual proposals, then why was a change in the roster necessary?
  • If it was necessary because the departed member(s) did not trust in the central vision, then how are we, as players, supposed to place our trust in the rest of the team, since (presumably) they have all been recruited with the same criteria.
  • If it's not the fault of the criteria used and all current (and previous members) upheld those criteria, then the issue must lie elsewhere (e.g. potentially removed due to abusing their position / using their influence in unintended ways). What guarantees are provided to the players that the current members are not allowed to/will not follow suit, if this is the case.

At this point I should state that despite being unfamiliar with the current members of the team, I am willing to believe in them purely as a sign of goodwill to the team and the overseeing Devs. However, many people (some of whom I am in frequent contact with as a guild officer) may not see it that way and will want those questions answered before choosing whether or not to place their trust on the whole endeavour.

Again, I should state that I do not mean to undermine you efforts in any way. However, I believe that transparency is the most important thing needed for player trust and, since you are already on the right track, it would only be beneficial to clarify further, in my opinion.

Thank you in advance
Onlymelee MSH, Onlyhealing Zealot, Onlyhater BG - Entropy and Chaos

"All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride."
The Antigone of Sophocles

Ads
wonshot

Post#19 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:00 pm

First time in my years on RoR I see "roaming" being mentioned as a valid playstyle when trying to make all careers be acceptable, that's refreshing!
Best of luck
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Omegus

Post#20 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:53 pm

You missed a step:

Zomega: RR8x Zealot