Recent Topics

Ads

Immortal tank

Let's talk about... everything else
jafh123

Re: Immortal tank

Post#11 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:57 am

tazdingo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:19 pm the answer is IB and it's not even close. the idea is to stack seasoned vet, shield master and hardy concession to achieve about ~30% dmg res after a block. thanks to recent changes where you get block from toughness, this is basically 100% of the time even with shield master as your only block investment

then you dump everything into regen and toughness. with the new tactic giving 80 tough you can reach around 1125 tough even with full regen gear which puts you near the softcap after most debuffs

it's actually a pretty fun build because it's so active, ie. you're not just unkillable by default, you have to use your abilities to correctly defend yourself and make it all work. and ib has a lot of abilities

no other tank even comes close, bg looks nice on paper with hardcapped toughness but in reality you die to 1 WL rotation before you even get enough hate to get the terrifying foe buff up

you could try the warlord detaunt proc if you want but i've found it unreliable and you're giving up regen

chance to be crit basically doesn't matter, i've put it into the dmg calculator every which way and no investment into it ever pays off. dps are running around with so much crit than giving them another 10% for free means nothing, and the investment to get it down low enough is too much. don't even bother with futile or ini
So chance to be crit is a waste of renown points then?? This would open many other options...

Ads
RORquest

Post#12 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:46 am

2024 people still saying IB when his core function of buff stacking still and will never work on here lol.

zulnam

Post#13 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:28 am

I mean it's pretty close. The main thing making you immortal is the gear, not the abilities. Every tank has mitigation and if played well can be a boring nightmare to kill.

What every tank doesn't have is a baseline 40-50% block chance that they can then improve with abilities/tactics along with 1k toughness and wounds.

Block is always what you want to prioritise since block mitigates everything. parry only handles melee; disrupt&dodge only ranged. but block can stop everything.

then toughness and wounds. finally you look at group utility. remember you're a tank so you bring utility enough through challenge, guard, M3 and M4, but each class has it's unique group buffs/debuffs that give it an extra edge; more for some than others.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

tazdingo

Post#14 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:22 am

jafh123 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:57 am
tazdingo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:19 pm the answer is IB and it's not even close. the idea is to stack seasoned vet, shield master and hardy concession to achieve about ~30% dmg res after a block. thanks to recent changes where you get block from toughness, this is basically 100% of the time even with shield master as your only block investment

then you dump everything into regen and toughness. with the new tactic giving 80 tough you can reach around 1125 tough even with full regen gear which puts you near the softcap after most debuffs

it's actually a pretty fun build because it's so active, ie. you're not just unkillable by default, you have to use your abilities to correctly defend yourself and make it all work. and ib has a lot of abilities

no other tank even comes close, bg looks nice on paper with hardcapped toughness but in reality you die to 1 WL rotation before you even get enough hate to get the terrifying foe buff up

you could try the warlord detaunt proc if you want but i've found it unreliable and you're giving up regen

chance to be crit basically doesn't matter, i've put it into the dmg calculator every which way and no investment into it ever pays off. dps are running around with so much crit than giving them another 10% for free means nothing, and the investment to get it down low enough is too much. don't even bother with futile or ini
So chance to be crit is a waste of renown points then?? This would open many other options...

we need to specify exactly what scenario we're talking about because people i think are discussing different things. what i was talking about was running around solo as a tank and surviving vs multiple groups for the sake of backcapping or just being a general pain in the ass

in this case chance to be crit doesn't matter at all because it's never worth the investment. neither does block because you're completely surrounded with everyone trying to hit you in the back

tazdingo

Post#15 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:45 am

RORquest wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:46 am 2024 people still saying IB when his core function of buff stacking still and will never work on here lol.

they work fine and exactly as expected

base hit - 37
sm - 35 (5%)
sv - 31 (15%)
hc5 - 31 (15%)
sm + sv - 30 (19.25%)
hc5 + sm - 30 (19.25%)
hc5 + sv - 26 (27.75%)
hc5 + sv + sm - 24 (31.36%)