Recent Topics

Ads

I hate boxes

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Re: I hate boxes

Post#11 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:02 am

I agree with @Toshutkidup. Boxes should stay in game. I know ppl that reched RR80 simply by sitting on BO while they worked in real life, back during the waithammer period. On the other hand I agree with the reasons of the OP. I think that the Devs should introduce a secondary method beside the boxes. Be it NPC running boxes or contribution over time like during waithammer or something else entirely, I can't really say.
Zputadenti

Ads
akisnaakkeli

Post#12 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:21 am

Box Runners 25% mounts would add something that both order and destro are interested in to kill and to defend, and they are many+moving so this would prevent afking in the BO with the instatedeath stalemate if BO fight has lasted too long .

You can still Mount up and run along with your Npc box runner to the keep, they still need r click to move from the BO but we need Npc guard champs and and npc box runners back to create illusion and actual fighting in the lakes.

And keep fights need to have doors that can be melee healed/lifetapped/buffed from skills even if it registers as 0 dmg this would also add another layer to meleeheal/lifetappers. Needs aoe cap back to 9 instead of 24 or the heals would be almost as OP as the 24 ae dmg cap : D This means more dps always win because heals + tanks were designed to take on and heal for the 9 cap. Basically what used to take 2.5 players to attack full wb of 24 now takes only 1. Im bad at math but that is about 2x more dmg flying around that someone needs to heal or soak up and then survive the guard from soaking that dmg.

RvR fites ends too fast and shield (HERETIKx) for wp/dok needs to go because nothing dies in small scale.

Frankie

Post#13 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:37 am

I agree with those who say that boxes have a purpose and overall improved the monotonic style of the previous rvr setup. Since it spreads players out it is definitely have its purpose, and I hope they stay in game.

Still, aside from the boredom that BO cruising brought, those mid-scale fights were pretty fun as well, and with the current system, they are rare. There should be another mechanic put in place to put some weight back on that aspect.
Moirran, Zealot RR40+
Albin, Blackguard <40

Ferenz, Witch Hunter RR40+
Gottlob, Warrior Priest <40

talope

Post#14 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:19 pm

I posted a potential alternative to box running here - viewtopic.php?t=52786

Let me know what you think

Elfo7

Post#15 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:55 am

Whenever I join a warband, we go to a new map and the leader says "let's get boxes" I just know the next two hours or whatever are going to be as fun as watching grass grow.

shoelessHN

Post#16 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:36 am

The BOs ticking renown back in the day led to much better fights than a warbands chasing around soloers and small groups running boxes as it stands now.

TrainInVain

Post#17 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:47 am

Meh I wish I had some of these boring times trying to run boxes. I'm always getting jumped.