Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/03/2024

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lemao

Re: Patch Notes 22/03/2024

Post#21 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:08 pm When can we expect a patch to fix/buff Order after you broke the game with those nerfs to Order in the last balance patchs?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

No bias here, everything is fine.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#22 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:47 pm

lemao wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:08 pm When can we expect a patch to fix/buff Order after you broke the game with those nerfs to Order in the last balance patchs?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

No bias here, everything is fine.
20 years playing a broken class .. ofc he will think its a nerf.

trh382

Post#23 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:24 am

Thanks for all the work. A lot of good changes and nice updates in this patch. I am enjoying the egg event and the new gunbad stuff.

I agree with the folks above who have pointed out the redeye cloak change has some serious downsides. Strongly recommend adding it back to the redeye set.

Nameless

Post#24 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:51 am

Cudos to the guy that work on dyes, but if devs dont implement some qol dye managment everything will be in vain.
Dyes management become such a burden that soon I will just sell all to merchans
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Omegus

Post#25 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:49 pm

Going to add in that I am very surprised about the armour change. One of the difficulty newer players have is being able to mix and match sets effectively to stack set bonuses like vets can. Gunbad's 6th piece being a cape rather than a belt opened up more slots for fresh 40s to combine armour set bonuses. This slot diversity is part of the reason Beastlord is so useful for newer players: it's not just an armour set, but a set where 3 of the pieces are in hard to find slots (and one piece is a pocket item which no other armour sets use) so it can be combined with other sets.

Adding the belt as well as the cape to make it a 7 piece set? Absolutely fine, and I would encourage the devs to look at all sets to do something similar. Hell, add in a ring too. But keeping it as a 6 piece and swapping the cape for a belt option is a nerf to new players, dare I say a needless one? The extra work for changing pieces, as well as the knock-on effect of invalidating build guides, immediately ruining existing builds for characters as the Redeye cape is now just a purple item with no set bonuses, etc.

Going by the patch notes, it looks like this change was just a case of inadvertently hurting newbies and breaking builds due to fashion and an OCD-case of homogenisation for the sake of homogenisation. Also, there is now an item level 49 purple cloak with the same stats as an item level 49 yellow cloak...

Hoping it gets reverted or Gunbad turned into a 7-slot set with the original cape appearance.

----

And while you're at it, get rid of all those Mantle of the Fireborn achievement cloaks (for killing 1000 dragons) out of the event ffs. If Wyverns do not count as dragons, they should not be dropping the dragon cloak.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Omegus

Post#26 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:51 pm

On an unrelated note, does Pocket Palette need to be updated? I need to be pinged if so as I don't always catch patch notes.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Fey

Post#27 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:34 am

I'll second the dye management point. I'm already a pack rat saving armor for appearance. The number of dyes is great, but maybe add in some serious tome unlock rewards for dying your armor repeatedly. Give me a technicolor dream coat.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan