Ads

What is a DPS healer?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Re: What is a DPS healer?

Post#21 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:50 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:32 am
p00ky wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:57 am
Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:25 pm it might be controversial for me to say but i really do think tanks and healers shouldn't even have DPS masteries.

We already have plenty of DPS classes and players in the game and they cant spec into healing or tanking, so its so lop sided.

A healer that doesnt heal and a tank that doesnt tank just isnt good man.

Either that or we need some DPS classes getting heal/tank specs which personally id like to see myself, such as tank specced warrior priest and maybe healing engineer.
I guess all opions are valid though many of the healers who go DPS spec have it as their "seconday spec" when tired of constant healing randoms (who many times just run in 1vX and die) and want to have a bit of fun in the pug scs instead of having to level a whole new char. Whats also funny is that I see many healer in dps spec do more damage than standard class dps in the same SC :mrgreen: so not sure whos not good in that case :D

Oh don't get me wrong i think dps healing is alot of fun tbh - i love dps on runepriest, trouble is i always feel like such a D bag for making the choice tho.

Everyone hates you for doing it and when you get someone jumping up n down infront of you and you cant heal them to save them properly etc, its rough.
I think that is a cultural problem. DPS and Tanks feel entitled to your heals, like you owe them the heals just because they are DPS/tanks. I say my toon (and my playing time) my heals. If you want to be healed properly you can roll a healer and shut the f up. Playing pug is in intrinsically selfish. There is no difference playing pug dps and playing pug dps healer.
Zputadenti

Ads
Martok

Post#22 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:23 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:25 pmA healer that doesn't heal and a tank that doesn't tank just isn't good man.

I wish to thank you for providing another topic of discussion for the next Tothmonra Podcast, which will air on Saturday the 30th at 12 Noon EST. You are welcome to join live and defend your statement if you wish.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Avernus

Post#23 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:02 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:50 am I think that is a cultural problem. DPS and Tanks feel entitled to your heals, like you owe them the heals just because they are DPS/tanks. I say my toon (and my playing time) my heals. If you want to be healed properly you can roll a healer and shut the f up. Playing pug is in intrinsically selfish. There is no difference playing pug dps and playing pug dps healer.
Yep, like that. You are playing dps but your healers are playing dps like that? Just let them handle the situation yourself - because, as you said, its your toon and your guard/dps etc. They owe you nothing - but, at the same time, you owe nothing to them.

Bozzax

Post#24 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:56 pm

Honestly am/shmy have a whole spectrum of useful and sometimes useless specs.

Personally i think the more hybrid variants are the most fun. I believe forcing ppl to play as heal bots only would just leave you with even less heals and active healers

Just to give an example here are a few on top of my mind
1. Healers that cast heals only
2. Healers that cast heals and once every now and then fire of a eov/fotg
3. Healers that try use the mechanic and flip mechanic on cast …
4. Dps that toss some hots / clns and maybe a heal or two mostly for self sustain
5. Dot, dot, dot kite hot hot healers
6. Not so survivable dps that don’t have the tactics for survival
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Bozzax

Post#25 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:01 pm

In all honesty there are dps that don’t dps as well :D :D and when you are healer you are f….d regardless of how you play
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Martok

Post#26 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:19 pm

This is the greatest thread ever.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ysaran

Post#27 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:29 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:19 pm This is the greatest thread ever.
I was just too lazy to reverse engineering the criteria for being a DPS healer, but your welcome :lol:
Zputadenti

othr

Post#28 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:25 pm

Bad heals, bad DPS, there is nothing cultural about this.

Ads
Izariel

Post#29 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

It is offensive that some people think that certain classes MUST be played in certain ways. There is no such thing as a healer CLASS. No certain class is by presumption, a healer. There are only healing SPECS. You are a healer if you CHOOSE to be one and spec into healing. If you do not choose to be a healer, you spec into one of the two OTHER valid specs. No player MUST choose a certain spec for certain classes. Those are the facts.

Frankie

Post#30 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:28 pm

Izariel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm It is offensive that some people think that certain classes MUST be played in certain ways. There is no such thing as a healer CLASS. No certain class is by presumption, a healer. There are only healing SPECS. You are a healer if you CHOOSE to be one and spec into healing. If you do not choose to be a healer, you spec into one of the two OTHER valid specs. No player MUST choose a certain spec for certain classes. Those are the facts.
Oh, the other F bomb...! This is your opinion, not facts. In fact, they are factually wrong. Classes were always meant to be split into one of each in all races: tank, healer, rdps, mdps woth some semblance of cross-symmetry, at least playing mechanic-wise. Every class has core abilites that are characteristic to their basic roles. Guard, resurrect, taunt/detaunt, etc. Their strongest abilites support their basic intended roles.

However, I totally agree with Dackjaniels regarding expanding the utilization of every class. It is first and foremost a fun idea. Min-maxing hardcore groups would run "pure" builds anyway.
Moirran, Zealot RR40+
Albin, Blackguard <40

Ferenz, Witch Hunter RR40+
Gottlob, Warrior Priest <40