Recent Topics

Ads

New engine, better performance?

Let's talk about... everything else
Phantasm

Re: New engine, better performance?

Post#11 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:20 pm

Wdova wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:42 pm How hard and expensive it would be recode engine in to something modern that use more cpu cores and more GPU power? Its hard to watch fps drops in big figts from 99 to 20-30ish while graphs shows cpu utilization 10% and gpu at 7%. PC is basicly idling while game is having hard times maintain acceptable fps.
xpander wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:49 pm 5800X3D with RTX 3080 (GPU doesn't really matter though) here and i get 80-100 Fps in big battles, combatlog disabled. 55-80 near Keep lord with loads of people. Thats under Linux though. The game yeah using basically 1 thread and all the addon code goes through that also.. rendering is pushed to another thread though, but that could just be because on linux i use DXVK which translates dx9 to vulkan.

You can test fps gain using simple Sildurs Reshade - the Vulkan version. Easy to follow. There is one downside of it, there are frequent crashes involved. Unless it was fixed since I last time tried it - 6 months ago.

Ads