Runepriest DPS (could it use a little love?)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lileldys

Re: Runepriest DPS (could it use a little love?)

Post#11 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:09 am

If you want to do that insanely high AoE damage, good luck. Zealot gets nicer choices for AoEDPS in their DarkRites/Grimnir with Chaotic Agitation and Winds of Insanity, and tactic Sweeping Disgorgment, comparing to RP AoE Res(30ft wtf useless) and Rune of Battle...

Again with the idea of AoE healdebuff, you need 3 bomb groups behind it and then it can work, but you only needed it on live when going against Guilds, even then it was nullified by 20s of no crits and crazy dok/wp "bugged" cleansing...It's not needed in the current meta, where tanks are still fairly squishy, and there are no guilds to fight. If you try and go 6v6 or 12v12 with HD RP, you're just going to get laughed at tbh...

Much like some otherclasses, RP plays of off multiple trees, and there just isn't enough mastery points yet to be the great healer they were, and the dps goodies they want for roaming.
Maybe if RoB got a cooldown reduction, and we got some form of Elemental Resist debuff, we'd maybe get close to zealot AoE.

I still think RP is somewhat similar to dps AM in 1v1 ganking ect. (i.e DoTs, hard to catch, lifetap), and will get better in t4, kinda really need that Sundered Motion tactic for roaming properly, this is what i'd run for now.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=rp; ... 9:3862:0:0:

Ads
Kallah

Post#12 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:53 am

The problem is that everything useful for dps is spread between all the trees.

If you want to use the aoe heal debuff you can ask a SM with WW if he wants to be your guardbot and you'll have 10 secs every 20 to bomb with rune of might :P
Kalla SM
Sniped Engi
Kallak RP

Speedyz Sh (resting)

<Mankers>

mindmelt
Banned

Post#13 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:15 am

Screw runepreist dps, zealot needs healing love, the runepriest heals 100x what zeal does, no balance here, order bias confirmed.

freshour
Banned

Post#14 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:36 pm

I have seen some Zealots heal extremely well. But if you mean as a whole then I guess I understand that as Grace is my main character haha and it could use some love in T4 as well but I still need to try it with 4 tactic slots before I get too far ahead of myself.

Well the way I was thinking of trying it in SC's was running with a BW, and using it as a support DPS with heal debuff. I didn't realize how short range the AOE was when I started and seeing how even if properly geared you get a few seconds of semi tanky, but lets be real, you are squishy and should be squishy lol.

So the next thing I did (I'm up to 30 by the way, 2 piece of Dev set so far) is trying to run it as a single target DPS support to my BW friend. That is actually working out really well. It blows my mind how much elemental damage gets soaked up and how they have nothing to decrease resists at all, but still working on it. Of course if I get a serious match I'll just toggle back into healing as my gear is completely heal based other than the intel/wisdom rings I use to get a little extra umph for cheaper.

I know at 40 I could totally get the heal debuff and the channel rune of burning and to hide it behind a few dots would be pretty freaking fun with a BW to assist off each other. It is a shame that Rune of Battle is such a long cooldown. I think that is the move that most people are missing. I'm not sure if it is considered direct damage or not. But to use it drain AP or heal debuff would be pretty awesome if you weren't sitting around waiting for it for so long.

Theory crafting continues but as it stands, I am doing pretty decent DPS when I get on a squishier class. Definitely not strong enough to kill anything by myself at all since I don't have heal debuff and channel yet. But as a support it isn't too bad. I'd love to see the AOE have a larger range, or be able to be cast on a player with a smaller AOE range to make it a bit more viable but I don't know if things like that are possible. Being able to throw on heals if you need it is kinda the fun part, but maybe I'll find something that works pretty well, we shall see.

I also run the exact spec that you linked right now minus Runic Blasting as I am only level 30.

lilsabin

Post#15 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:45 pm

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:17 pm

7.28 - dajciek the legendary Marauder dies to a DPS RP! Epic!

freshour
Banned

Post#17 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:25 pm

I have seen this!!!! I wasn't sure if this is because it is a really high level RR and items I'll never be able to get, or if this guy is just a BOSS.

Sour

Post#18 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if they changed anything about rp but at the end of live going dps rune priest was fine. Was able to top damage in sc's a few times and had no problem solo roaming in the lakes. It wasn't a top tier dps by any means but it isn't supposed to be :) You pick up neat tricks the more you play it.
Last edited by Sour on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#19 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:08 pm

Yeah that is what I'm working on. Currently level 32 almost 33 and nearly full Dev set. As I spent most of my time on my WP I have NO CLUE what to stack for enchants. I have a pretty good idea on the tactics and it seems the best build isn't available until R40. That video of that Runie is just awesome. I've tried to mirror his playstyle as much as I can.

If anyone has anymore info to throw at this I would love to hear it. I'd really love to know how that guy was getting some of the numbers he has been getting. Even a resist debuffed crit on a squishie at 32 and bolstered can't get near some of his numbers... but I"m sticking to it and having a lot of fun.

Of course toggling back to heal mode has made it not AS hated as the DPS archmage but it is kinda close haha.

lilsabin

Post#20 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:07 pm

i just realised that zealot compared to runepriest is no match , i think we should stop calling this mirrored classes , they just have some abilities that looks the same