Ads

Patchnotes 01/10/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
navis

Re: Patchnotes 01/10/16

Post#11 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Arteker616 wrote:
navis wrote:I hate to say it but, any changes to scenario other than adjusting the brackets is more than likely going to hurt pops overall.
its allready happening people see premade and afk others leave , so far 8 scs where i had to afk waiting it to end . while iw rite this one will be 9 .
That is nothing new just fact of life. That is the way it has always been and it has always been tremendously fun.
That said lets see how this change effects the scenario populations..

Ads
s3rv0

Post#12 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:34 pm

Scs pop up is much longer now.

Theseus

Post#13 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:34 pm

I just queue for Nordenwatch, there I can evade premades and take the bos to get at least 100 points. not the greatest fun in the wordl but better than being stomped.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Danielle

Post#14 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:14 pm

Well luckily enough, the PuG only sc is coming! I welcome the quitter debuff, because it was not only PuGs that left scenarios, but also premades who left against other premades. At least there is something in place that now prevents people from a/trolling with pops for scenarios they subsequently don't join and b/ avoiding every situation where their expected winrate falls below 50%.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Dalsie

Post#15 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Can anyone confirm it's double RP only today and not XP?
Seem to be getting an awful lot of XP in sc... might just be my imagination though, in which case I apologise
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

Gortoon

Post#16 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:14 pm

a pop that asks for a "what you want to play" so we dont end up in sc that have either no healers or no tanks?

I guess this heavily needs client access and is a no go but this is also a huge problem in sc when pug play. You get either with no tanks or no healers.

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:42 pm

Gortoon wrote:a pop that asks for a "what you want to play" so we dont end up in sc that have either no healers or no tanks?

I guess this heavily needs client access and is a no go but this is also a huge problem in sc when pug play. You get either with no tanks or no healers.
That's the reality of pug scenarios though, unfortunately: you either get good players/synergies or you don't. If you want to be guaranteed healers/tanks, well you know what to do.. =P

Gortoon

Post#18 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:48 pm

yea but a solution like this is already in play in other games and it does indeed work. In low population servers it will unfortunately make sc pop time greater.
But this way pugs will at least have more chances.

Ads
SpacestarKid

Post#19 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:21 pm

What if sc join is impossible due to the fight? Can't refuse in that case be judged as explicit? What is explicit anyway, how many times can I refuse?
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

Dabbart

Post#20 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:35 am

I believe, an explicit is where you click No to join. The fact to put in a separate case for the timer expiring means if an SC pops, you take it, or get the debuff.

THANK YOU! I have been waiting for this particular change since I started. Between this, and the less common/RP per kill if enemy died recently, and I feel that the game is in "functional" mode. Just my personal thoughts, but the "easy mode" things one would associate with a for-fun priv server are either gone, or being dealt with. For this, I thank you all.

The bonus RP day is neat.

Cheers all!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.