Recent Topics

Ads

About Witch Elfes and their possible tasks

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BrockRiefenstahl

Re: About Witch Elfes and their possible tasks

Post#11 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Spoiler:
Glorian wrote:
BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
Glorian wrote:Play an Engineer with RR60 and Anni Gear.
Spec magnet and Phosphor shells.

You kill solos, you kill groups with AoE, you heal yourself. Win.
Hello Glorian, thanks for your reply.
I have played a bit around with Engi in the past (till lvl 30ish). I think its quite fun, but I really cant stand the "peng peng" sounds and the camera angle of Stunties :)
You should then come to one of our Events.
Two hours hearing 10 Engies doing "peng peng" is really a cacophony of killing. :lol:[/quote]

Ha Glorian, sounds like a blast for you but nightmare for me ;)

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Well it depends. A lot of 6v6 are over pretty quickly, one way or the other. You might also want to spend your morale before you reach Excommunicate as well, which you still have to spec for mind you. Could take a look at Fusion v. Totally-not-LoB video I suppose. Just about the longest fights you will see in 6v6. Its from SM perspective but not sure if the mdps ever reach m4. Not saying it never happens, but its probably pretty rare. Target is dead if you are specced for it and reach it though.

Yeah, no argument on lack of WB viability for Welf.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#13 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Reroll now, save a lot of time. This coming from someone who took their WE to rr66 only to realize they class is unwelcome to Warbands, and suboptimal even for 6mans compared to other available mdps options (mara+mara, or mara+choppa).
Yeah, it can be funny to gank people occasionally, and you can do some nice damage in scenarios and haunt lowbie healers. Any good healer will survive your burst and detaunt and lol back at you. Most WL's consider your cat food, though with some skill you might defeat them from time to time, Slayers are doable with relative ease, and killing rdps requires a proper surprise setting. Bad tanks die, good ones know how not to die to a WE.

If you like the endgame content of this game, it tends to revolved around organized RvR, that is either organized warband play, or organized 6man play as they roam the lakes vanquishing foes or conquering keeps. A Witch Elf has no role in a real warband, as it is the only dps class on Destro side that cannot do reliable AoE pressure, which is the only thing that matters when it comes to large scale fighting. (3 target slice tactic is a joke - 10 sec OYK... pressure every 10 second lmfao)
As for 6mans, WE gets to play the role of a light armoured mdps, whose "burst" is on a 30 sec rotation, or 60 sec if you prefer going by Elixirs. It's laughable choice for a 6man. Sure, some good players can shine on their WE in 6man environment, but considering the class lacks stuff like Pounce/Pull, or even a Charge (wasting a tactic slot to get better Fleet Footed, yeah right), it's just below mediocre. A good WE that rerolls Choppa or Mara becomes far valuable for their respective 6man.

Maybe one day the game will become balanced in a way that allows WE to be useful for Warbands, or become equally good pick for 6man as a Mara, but not for now.

Just reroll.
Thanks Aurandilaz.

This was exactly my impression after a bit of forumthread research. I havent even reached max level, but the changes for Morale 1 and switching Kisses while stealth, are just QoL improvements and nothing to make the situation better. Not much else beside Magus or BG on destru side to play.

Sadly I am a torturer for life, therefore DPS is my main goal and 2hChosen or dpsDoK are also very suboptimal for that matter.
Sadly the rest of the Destruction careers does not fit my taste, because I am drawn into a character by its style and aesthetics. Marauders look like weirdos with their Zoidberg arm :-P
If you dont mind, can you PM me your ingame name for a talk if you have time?

Thanks all others for your input aswell.

Krima

Post#14 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:46 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:I see Fusion usually (always?) runs Witch Hunter/White Lion in their premades, and they seem to do pretty well. I wonder what the differences between Witch Hunter and Witch Elf are that allow Csi to do so well while many Witch Elf players, even really good ones like Krima and Nicelook, seem pretty down in the dumps about their use in a group? Is it just the differences in group comp between Order and Destro? I.e. WL+WH means both mdps can burst on a target very quickly (stealth+pounce) and WL with Ensnare+Fetch covers up for WH having few anti-kite tools. Plus SM offtank provides very reliable assist burst, more so than SNB BO (and 2h BO is much squishier). So is it that? Or are there other differences between the two classes that make one better in groups over the other?

I dont play either class, so I have no idea, hence curiosity.
You 100% correct "Is it just the differences in group comp between Order and Destro? "

WHs only shiny in a 6 man because they have synergy with WL pounce and SM moral 2 wings of heaven. Its all about the surprise factor.

Ive tried 6v6 with WE and its really boring because u perma snared all the time, no charge unfortunately..
when WE go into stealth for the surprise atack there is no follow up by either mara or choppa, they have to charge through everyone. As soon the WE go into stealth its really ez to counter, just control the other mdps (mara or choppa) and the surprise factor is gone.

On paper... WH = WE. If CSI had witchbrew or OYK we would perform even better...
yet WEs dont synergy with destro meele dps classes like WH synergy with WL and SM.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Thanks, Krima! Thats what I thought. Its cool that WH at least get some viability, but total bummer isnt mirrored on Destro. Give Witch Elves Pounce! ;) ;) ;)
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

AxelF

Post#16 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Have never played either but from the comments above it sounds like WE might synergise nicely with a melee specced SH (once the changes come in) which would present some unique problems for Order. SH changes might inadvertently breathe new life into WE?

Penril

Post#17 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Give Pounce to Choppas.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#18 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Penril wrote:Give Pounce to Choppas.
Can we make the animation pop a catapult into existence to fling them forward? (nope).

Squig Pounce on the other hand... You stealth into the backlines, while a huge squig flies at them and starts bouncing and farting everywhere, drawing all the aggro while you stabbity stab the squishies wetting their pants. That should be fun.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
biotek

Post#19 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:18 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Can we make the animation pop a catapult into existence to fling them forward? (nope).

Squig Pounce on the other hand... You stealth into the backlines, while a huge squig flies at them and starts bouncing and farting everywhere, drawing all the aggro while you stabbity stab the squishies wetting their pants. That should be fun.
I liked all of that...

(the catapult would be awesome)

Penril

Post#20 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:18 pm

Not a big fan of giving Pounce to SH (or Destro for that matter) tbh. Order seems to run a setup that maximizes skills unique to their faction (Pounce, Wings of Heaven). I would prefer if Destro did that as well, however very few people try new things. Most will go "nuh-uh, thats not meta, go log your Chosen/BO/Mara/Choppa/whatever the hell is meta these days".