Recent Topics

Ads

black screen in game after login

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
ThatRedPyro

Re: black screen in game after login

Post#11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 am

nibbles wrote:try dl this sdk version of dx9
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... px?id=8109
I have the same problem as the OP and mine is also still unsolved.
I tried installing the dx9 and even restarting after it but for some reason I can just keep reinstalling it,it doesn't say anything about me already having that version or newer.I also got a .dll file from another thread with a similar problem too.
I checked the ''turning windows features on or off'' page and legacy drivers are on too.

Ads
nibbles

Post#12 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 am

@ThatRedPyro
Explore into your warhammer folder/user/
Right Click usersettings.xml and open with notepad
at the fourth line down change full screen to = false:-
fullscreen="false"
save that file and give it another go.
Same results, Then parent back up to the war.exe folder and
Right click war.exe select Properties and within - Compatibility tab. select compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3. OK and try running RoRlauncher.exe
repeat compatibility and try windows 7

wos

Post#13 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:43 pm

haha i don't even get that far after i hit connect game window opens to a black screen nothing on it. it used to work fine

ThatRedPyro

Post#14 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:45 pm

nibbles wrote:@ThatRedPyro
Explore into your warhammer folder/user/
Right Click usersettings.xml and open with notepad
at the fourth line down change full screen to = false:-
fullscreen="false"
save that file and give it another go.
Same results, Then parent back up to the war.exe folder and
Right click war.exe select Properties and within - Compatibility tab. select compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3. OK and try running RoRlauncher.exe
repeat compatibility and try windows 7
Sadly enough I had tried the compatibility settings beforehand and nothing came from that.I tried it again just in case and still nothing.I tried changing window settings too,and other graphics settings on top of that but that also yielded no results.

nibbles

Post#15 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:59 pm

go to %windows%\System32
Scroll down to "d3dx9*" files you should have d3dx9_24.dll all the way up to d3dx9_43.dll;
is d3dx9_34 present?

Next extract both version 34 and 43 of the dx3d files directly into your war folder.

Re-run the dxjun2010sdk.msi, and open up the folder which it unpacks into and open the zip file 'JUN2007_d3dx9_34_x64.zip'
extract the actual d3dx9_34.dll directly into the root of warhammer (same level as RoRLauncher)
Attempt the launcher again; if that again brings up the black screen, go back into the zips and extract the d3dx9_43.dll out from the Jun2010_d3dx9_43_x64.zip
you could then attempt doing the same with the _x86 versions of the two zip's

if none of the above helps, you can safely remove the d3dx files out from your warhammer root folder

ThatRedPyro

Post#16 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:52 pm

nibbles wrote:go to %windows%\System32
Scroll down to "d3dx9*" files you should have d3dx9_24.dll all the way up to d3dx9_43.dll;
is d3dx9_34 present?

Next extract both version 34 and 43 of the dx3d files directly into your war folder.

Re-run the dxjun2010sdk.msi, and open up the folder which it unpacks into and open the zip file 'JUN2007_d3dx9_34_x64.zip'
extract the actual d3dx9_34.dll directly into the root of warhammer (same level as RoRLauncher)
Attempt the launcher again; if that again brings up the black screen, go back into the zips and extract the d3dx9_43.dll out from the Jun2010_d3dx9_43_x64.zip
you could then attempt doing the same with the _x86 versions of the two zip's

if none of the above helps, you can safely remove the d3dx files out from your warhammer root folder
Welp,still unsolved.Thanks for trying,though.

nibbles

Post#17 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Could you create a new windows user account; as an administrator, and try running the game from that account? tis long shot.

michela89

Post#18 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 pm

I had this black screen thing when I played year ago. I "solved" it with another window account like nibbles suggested.

the strange thing is, now that I am back playing since a month, it just worked normally without me doing anything or using any other window account.

Ads
ThatRedPyro

Post#19 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:51 pm

nibbles wrote:Could you create a new windows user account; as an administrator, and try running the game from that account? tis long shot.
I have no idea HOW it helped,but it did.Having to go to an alt account and starting a VPN up just to play a game feels ridiculous,but it works.Thanks.

nibbles

Post#20 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:28 pm

count your investment. the better than sex environment war gives thank your socks