Recent Topics

Ads

2021 Roadmap further developments

Let's talk about... everything else
Foofmonger

Re: 2021 Roadmap further developments

Post#11 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:25 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:02 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:44 pm Technically you don't need deadlines release dates for roadmaps. That would be for release plans, which are generally conflated in the gaming industries terminology.

A roadmap can be as simple as "we are working on this list of 3 things".

That being said, I wouldn't expect a small volunteer dev team to be creating externally facing roadmaps for a free product. A waste of time you would be better off spending just working on the project itself. Generally speaking you do external roadmaps for marketing reasons when you are a for profit company.
The whole reason of roadmaps is obvious here; Transparency and accurate news. Moreover, usually this industry requires roadmap timelines as it gives a general idea of what and when to expect stuff. Otherwise our answer would be that we're working on everything, because with an indefinite timeline, we will actually try to work on everything.

"We're working on rSH" with an indefinite timeline is also meaningless, misleading and inaccurate.

So anyway, roadmaps here are meant to be realistic (with a timeline) - which confronts with our way of working on projects here, since priorities shift often and new tasks could become new priorities.
Yep, I agree with you, and it makes perfect sense. The only thing a roadmap would do for you guys is make your customer base annoyed that you change it so much, and cause you guys to have to spend time constantly updating the roadmap with how projects/tasks maturate.

Ads
ravezaar

Post#12 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:30 pm

vastou wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:46 am
Like RR100 set (warforged etc)
Pretty sure Devs said that rr90 and rr100 sets wont come into RoR. They did completely brake the Live version of the game making it an impossible game for newcommers aso..

And those skins I do believe are in already atleast armor pcs
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
Chosen rr80
Dps Zealot rr70+
Marauder rr78
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#13 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:36 pm

ravezaar wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:30 pm
vastou wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:46 am
Like RR100 set (warforged etc)
Pretty sure Devs said that rr90 and rr100 sets wont come into RoR. They did completely brake the Live version of the game making it an impossible game for newcommers aso..

And those skins I do believe are in already atleast armor pcs
The skins have been used on Warlord/Sov gear. We're not introducing any power scaling past Sov.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

oaliaen

Post#14 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:24 pm

No chance for Tyrant set then ? Can we get the models in the future?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#15 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:59 pm

oaliaen wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:24 pm No chance for Tyrant set then ? Can we get the models in the future?
Tyrant was not higher level than Sov, it's equivalent to Warlord. They'll come when ToVL is released eventually.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

marafado
Suspended

Post#16 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:16 pm

normanis wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:08 pm i think no need more pve or new armor sets. its good if in 2021 we can still play game and has better game balance, less laggy.
i vote this.

If the devs (staff) have some spare time, maybe the xrealm issue should be adressed too, i know some ppl ppl think its a way to ballance sides... but seems dificult to work if the staff continue to give the players that choice.

ps: just see a post from vii (guild) recruit, need to add a few words: this ppl are recruiting "loyal" players to they destro guild, guess in order they do the same recruit message. This beahviour seems normal in a pvp game? heheh the gold trade in forum/trade chat is another minor detail :)