Let's talk about... everything else
abezverkhiy

Re: Total lack of WH versatility

Post#11 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:21 pm

Today WH compared to other Order MDPS is:
a) the only class without Charge
b) weakest self-buffs
c) the class that has nearly nothing for allies

Now tell me who needs such class in a wb? Our purpose is to kill loners or group up with other WHs for small-scale diversions. WEs are very active in this regard. For me this playstyle looks plain dull, uninteresting, and boring.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
anarchypark

Post#12 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:26 pm

perhaps you wanna slayer, WL role ?
upfront mdps with aoe.
but WE/WH is snaeky assassin. find easy target and put terror skill after kill.
or defensive morale pump/drain build.
I think it's versatile enough as stealther.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW6, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm6, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

abezverkhiy

Post#13 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:41 pm

This assassin is rather weak compared to single target slayer (dunno about wl, never played them). Rune of Absorption with 2h axe in berserk state does single target damage WHs can only dream of.

From what I know versatile is able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities. I am sorry but there's no versatility in running in Incognito, opening, damaging, running away. Abruptness- yes, versatility- no

abezverkhiy

Post#14 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:45 pm

To be useful in groups WHs should have their single target damage grow when there are non-WH group members nearby.

BelligerentBob

Post#15 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:48 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:41 pm This assassin is rather weak compared to single target slayer (dunno about wl, never played them). Rune of Absorption with 2h axe in berserk state does single target damage WHs can only dream of.

From what I know versatile is able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities. I am sorry but there's no versatility in running in Incognito, opening, damaging, running away. Abruptness- yes, versatility- no
You rarely see 2H Slayers or Choppas. You certainly do not see any good Slayers or Choppas going 2H.

edit: Give up Repel Blasphemy and Shroud of Magnus for Seal of Destruction and Punish the False. Leave the soloing for all the EU Destro :D
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

oaliaen

Post#16 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:00 pm

I agree Wh/We suck in citys ... As a rogue class , why not put some aoe traps for them ? would be nice..

MMXX43

Post#17 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Meanwhile , WE has all that and great damage .
To counter argue the destrokarens that are going to post sooner or later. WE doesnt have to deal with all the sh*t WHs do , namely kiting shammies ( not only shammies , sh aswell can kite + use movement speed tactic and the msh abomination ) and other broken things like that , besides their damage output is solid !
Destro has been getting ninja mirrored with unique order abilities while Order getting nothing back.
WH needs + damage + movement or anti kite mechanic. ( WE can slot + 25 % movement speed on snare break ability + vanish speed + flee , i mean.....OK )
But the thing is that only the wh should get buffed . ofc the we/destro mains will storm the forums and post the usual " u trolling " destro memes :)

Ysaran

Post#18 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:40 pm

MMXX43 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:01 pm Meanwhile , WE has all that and great damage .
To counter argue the destrokarens that are going to post sooner or later. WE doesnt have to deal with all the sh*t WHs do , namely kiting shammies ( not only shammies , sh aswell can kite + use movement speed tactic and the msh abomination ) and other broken things like that , besides their damage output is solid !
Destro has been getting ninja mirrored with unique order abilities while Order getting nothing back.
WH needs + damage + movement or anti kite mechanic. ( WE can slot + 25 % movement speed on snare break ability + vanish speed + flee , i mean.....OK )
But the thing is that only the wh should get buffed . ofc the we/destro mains will storm the forums and post the usual " u trolling " destro memes :)
Spoiler:
Disclaimer: I don't want to derail the post, so I use the spoiler.
Do you play any destru class? If yes: which? what rr do you have on them?
Zputadenti

Ads
Hienzwar

Post#19 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:04 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:41 pm This assassin is rather weak compared to single target slayer (dunno about wl, never played them). Rune of Absorption with 2h axe in berserk state does single target damage WHs can only dream of.

You can spec defensive and debuff, you can spec glass cannon and go crit crazy, you can spec morale pump/drain, you can spec heal debuff aoe and if you are wanting to be disappointed you can spec self heal.

There is an awful lot you can do but perhaps choose not to do?
abezverkhiy wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:21 pm oday WH compared to other Order MDPS is:
a) the only class without Charge
b) weakest self-buffs
c) the class that has nearly nothing for allies

Now tell me who needs such class in a wb? Our purpose is to kill loners or group up with other WHs for small-scale diversions. WEs are very active in this regard. For me this playstyle looks plain dull, uninteresting, and boring.
Who wants a wh in wb? - any wb leader who wants his defensive morale users getting to m2/3 in double time.

I would love to see exit wound buffed, coupling it in group play is so so nice as a small group or solo there is so much fun to be had :)

CountTalabecland

Post#20 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:18 pm

Shaman fears nothing.

Witch Hunter doesn't even threaten them unless they are nice enough to be standing still.

So its not great at its 1v1 role.

IDK about these ppl saying "every good Order wb brings one good WH." Can't say I have ever seen that consciously done or seen ppl specifically looking for WHs. Maybe I'm not playing with the "good" ppl.

But if I was building a ST squad I would not waste time with WH compared to WL/ASW. The rest of the wb is better off with Slayers of course.

So WH is not great in a WB role, especially outside of city.

Its a 90% dead class. Mine is for sure collecting dust on the shelf. I guess you can have fun if you're the edge type and ganking pugs at RR80/sov is your thing.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.