Recent Topics

Ads

Bring AOE stacking back for the casters

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Re: Bring AOE stacking back for the casters

Post#11 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:51 am

Rain of Fire & pit of shades cant really start "stacking" again. because of how broken and unbeatable funnels would become in Battleobjectives. Example from Live when it did stack :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYzFg40 ... 4&index=10

As for the closerange channeling, magic dmg on magus bw and sorc, they still have the massive advantage of running the magic resist calculations instead of the armor meta, however also facing potentially 3 stacks of Hold the line, making these immobile channels be a worse version. Melee dps having snarebreaker, charge and able to manuver around during the channel is just such a big advantage over being a cloth user standing still facing HTL stacks and locking yourself in place trying to unload.

Mage close range channels with movement would be sweet, but i guess the old RoR dev arguement of the annimations would not fit would hold any proposal for this in check.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
normanis

Post#12 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:35 pm

reduce aoe cap. nerf slayer/choppa aoe by 30-40% (if aoe cap is 24 as it is now)
p.s reduce aoe cap in lotd if u have 50% debuff outgoing dps/heal. why? because ppl zerg even more in lotd after debuff. so need debuff also aoe cap. 50% reduce aoe cap to 6 targets.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

penagos22

Post#13 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:13 pm

maybe if we back to 9 targets?

at this point it's a miracle that the choppas and the slayers don't hit us behind the screen by accident

one thing that happened to me when I had my old computers that when I was close to a blob of choppas my game would start to malfunction, maybe for the sake of the client the slayers and choppas shouldn't hit so many targets

Valarion

Post#14 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:06 pm

Your request is denied by the community.

Absolutely not going to happen. I remember full well both on live and on this server when AoE stacking was allowed and it just about ruined the game. At the time, I was mainlining my BW and Sorc and literally 2-4 of us could absolutely melt entire wbs and wreck keep defenses.

While you make a great point pointing out that a lot of melee AoE already stacks, the melee trains come with the advantage of being easier to avoid and counter.

On a separate note, this game doesnt need anymore added damage pressure from any sources right now. Any more damage creep and its just going to be completely unplayable for the new players we are trying to promote here.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Bozzax

Post#15 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:25 pm

Spoiler:
It currently is unplayable just revisited life at 40/50, dominator and 6k hps :lol:

The item power curve + grind = rip

The typical group up / blob up / guild up advice is a false narrative for the majority of new players that aren’t leveling their 15th alt char
More on a separate note
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7