Recent Topics

Ads

Any explanation for the severe lack of balance changes?

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Re: Any explanation for the severe lack of balance changes?

Post#11 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:18 am

Wasnt there a post or discord message somewhere saying that career changes would be coming inbetween each ranked season, and last season the changes were not ready to be rolled out as they needed more.
And here we are, at the next rank season downtime again nothing.
Guess the community is just wondering, if that first statement is no longer the case and we should not expect the career changes to come in this interval?
Bombling 92BW
Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP

Gombling 85MSH - Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 83Sorc - Destroling 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara

Ads
Shogun4138

Post#12 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:50 am

Cut down aoe damage / debuffs. That Nerfs all. 😎
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#13 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:53 am

wonshot wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:18 am Wasnt there a post or discord message somewhere saying that career changes would be coming inbetween each ranked season, and last season the changes were not ready to be rolled out as they needed more.
Guess the community is just wondering, if that first statement is no longer the case and we should not expect the career changes to come in this interval?
The balance patches will be released when needed, with respect to logical windows where class changes would be well absorbed. The changes will be based on reviews from the focus group and other usual streams such as the forum. Now that the focus group has been created, and has only started in May 2022, the whole point of it is to make sure that everything is ready and not simply pushed because there's a deadline/expectation. The initial statement mentioned windows for balance to be pushed, but no concrete dates so let's not put unnecessary pressure on the people taking care of balance recently and then whine if they rushed changes.

wonshot

Post#14 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:56 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:53 am The initial statement mentioned windows for balance to be pushed, but no concrete dates so let's not put unnecessary pressure on the people taking care of balance recently and then whine if they rushed changes.
Hence why I was simply asking, as that is the last information majority of the community last heard so people were wondering. Guess why this topic was even created, also
Bombling 92BW
Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP

Gombling 85MSH - Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 83Sorc - Destroling 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara

Bassywassy28

Post#15 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:38 pm

I think as far as balance goes the devs try their best, and seeing as the server is free they only get props from me.

If anything sometimes the only thing I'd wish is a limit on RvR lakes so that one side doesnt roll over 25 people with 75-100 people. As for class changes... you're always going to make one person happy and step on someone elses toes. There's no avoiding this.

Balance for a lot of people seems to mean, buff my class and nerf the other faction... so...

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#16 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:08 pm

Bassywassy28 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:38 pm If anything sometimes the only thing I'd wish is a limit on RvR lakes so that one side doesnt roll over 25 people with 75-100 people.
We thought of that but in a similar way to how Guild Wars 2 limits users per map. We cannot do the same here at the moment and when you compare it with Guild Wars 2 battlegrounds, they're completely autonomous maps; Meaning that you cannot physically walk from one to the other, unlike our maps where you simply cross lands.

Locking the whole faction's population based on the other could restrict people from doing PvE or doing Scenario, or simply AFK'ing somewhere. This means guilds and friends could be locked out. As you said, it's impossible to please everyone.

Bassywassy28

Post#17 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:12 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:08 pm
Bassywassy28 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:38 pm If anything sometimes the only thing I'd wish is a limit on RvR lakes so that one side doesnt roll over 25 people with 75-100 people.
We thought of that but in a similar way to how Guild Wars 2 limits users per map. We cannot do the same here at the moment and when you compare it with Guild Wars 2 battlegrounds, they're completely autonomous maps; Meaning that you cannot physically walk from one to the other, unlike our maps where you simply cross lands.

Locking the whole faction's population based on the other could restrict people from doing PvE or doing Scenario, or simply AFK'ing somewhere. This means guilds and friends could be locked out. As you said, it's impossible to please everyone.
That's a fair point and I didn't realize this was the case as you always entire RvR with a message, but thank you for explaining it though.

theoddone

Post#18 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:32 pm

wonshot wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:18 am Wasnt there a post or discord message somewhere saying that career changes would be coming inbetween each ranked season, and last season the changes were not ready to be rolled out as they needed more.
As far as I remember the "realm champions" were supposed to do balance in cycles with the ranked seasons. However, I think the last "big" balance patch was with the start of season 2. I heard Dalen put together a small balance patch quickly with the start of season 3. After that nothing happened. The server goes stale when the meta does not change.

My question would be, how will the focus group be any different from before? Or will this be another concept we never hear of again...
-Theo

Ads
Omegus

Post#19 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:18 pm

Buff DPS Zealots.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#20 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:46 pm

Bavradai wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:35 am
billyk wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:11 pm
Sofong wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:43 pm devs play WL and slayer :D
So why are there no all SL/WL groups but tons of all greenskin groups?
Look, just because your shammy can't uber-r0XX0r WLs 100% doesn't mean they're overpowered. If you get your ass kicks on destro you just need to git gud.
The all-Greenskin groups are run by one roleplaying guild, the Freebootaz.
roleplaying op. balance it, devs!