Recent Topics

Ads

ReinviteHelper - Assistant for warband leaders

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
BluIzLucky

Re: ReinviteHelper - Assistant for warband leaders

Post#11 » Wed May 24, 2023 6:50 pm

Ilvari wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:26 pm ...
Personally have those messages filtered out, so wouldn't bother me.

And sorry I haven't read your code yet, so made some assumptions and kept the above simple.

You'd need to have check for:
1. Crash vs leaver (I believe this can be picked up from chat)

2. Stop if invite is declined (in addition to past displaytimer)

3. User adjustable AUTOINVITES variable (this could either be an int for seconds between each invite, or an int for number of autoinvites split evenly across DISPLAYTIME, e.g. if DISPLAYTIME=180s and AUTOINVITES=3, it'd send one /invite every 60s)

4. Able to handling multiple players crashing at the same time.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Ilvari

Post#12 » Fri May 26, 2023 8:40 am

1. Yeah I thought about that. People often put lines in chat before they leave for good, but they're hard to interpret by code. Sure I could try to parse for words like "good night" and so on but it'd be very ramshackle. I certainly don't want to remove people from the list just because I regex-matched a "gn".
2. As far as I've noticed, there is no notification to the inviter if someone declines an invite. In WoW you get a message, but in WAR you get nothing
3. This is a good idea and I'd definitely do that if autoinvites were a thing, but I think there are more significant issues to solve before I want the addon to hand out invites without user interaction
4. This is already the case

BluIzLucky

Post#13 » Fri May 26, 2023 9:23 am

Ilvari wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:40 am 1. Yeah I thought about that. People often put lines in chat before they leave for good, but they're hard to interpret by code. Sure I could try to parse for words like "good night" and so on but it'd be very ramshackle. I certainly don't want to remove people from the list just because I regex-matched a "gn".
2. As far as I've noticed, there is no notification to the inviter if someone declines an invite. In WoW you get a message, but in WAR you get nothing
3. This is a good idea and I'd definitely do that if autoinvites were a thing, but I think there are more significant issues to solve before I want the addon to hand out invites without user interaction
4. This is already the case
1. There should be a clean/unclean disconnect message, so if someone in your WB left and you see this message for them, add them to dc queue, otherwise assume they left intentionally.
2. Yeah might be an issue, you mentioned that you get a player not found error when they are not online when /invite, so you could stop autoinvites after 1st successful request was sent.
3. Ah okay, nevermind then, I thought this was a bit more like an Autoband extension for organised/closed WBs, either way it's very nice QoL :)

On a side note, would be nice if the dc names message had @ infront so you can just right click them.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ilvari

Post#14 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:21 pm

I made a new version, 0.4.

You can download it here: https://mega.nz/file/FM0DjCyD#Z1aHDtseq ... txEJ5mV5iY

The new feature this version is that it creates a macro, which if pressed will display the last text message the logged off players put in warband chat before they left. This can help you identify if someone crashed, or logged off on purpose.