Recent Topics

Ads

Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Zxul

Re: Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

Post#11 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:23 pm

Ok watched it. I fully support the idea of moving the best order city wb into the same instance with the best destro city wb, one of greatest ideas I have seen in RoR. Would it also be possible to do the same in regular scs?
Last edited by Zxul on Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
ravezaar

Post#12 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:27 pm

Nice work Devs
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
Chosen rr80
Dps Zealot rr70+
Marauder rr78
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Culexus

Post#13 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 pm

Great update! I hope you keep updates such as this a semi regular thing as you move forward with development. I'd imagine the community is the most positive it's been in a long time due to this video.
Last edited by Culexus on Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Garamore

Post#14 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:42 pm

Thanks for the update and all the hard work. Looks really good!
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:48 pm

Love that new sc's will be more balanced with classes. Huge + to City Sieges are now Reshuffled after every stage and if someone crash, its place can be taken=) Imos still there needs to be something gated that players really want in Fort/Ic Purple bags etc that you cant get anywhere else. Hopefully lotd and City siege wont be timed events?

Very nice that Map Editor. So techincally you could build Bridge in the sky that goes through whole zone? Not saying that should be done but its very exciting to me at least hear that making physical changes to landscape in RvR zones so you can get REALLY creative with now pve areas which are always the bset looking ones.

Techincally adding new Battlefield objectives is possible? This is to me sounds like possibilty of having an effect as soloer or small scaler is possible and no play style punished? Loved alot of the things i heard and im super grateful for the work. PRAISE HAIL ROR666

Edit; Im pretty sure i saw one of Tcharzanek king fight Skills used on the video, i hope some iterations of some boss abilities make it to Players as well as Dungeon bossess. We really need Spammable Lil Arrow on SW and spammable Shoot thru ya for SH. I think ranged channels not stacking, imo make it at least 2 or 3 strongest ones will hit players.

Love the 025s ICD on procs and single target procs making them more powerful. But if aoe cap is not 9 for meleechars and 12 for ranged chars then It will continue to be ALWAYS Ganking -> Tanking and it should be another way around. There is a reason why 8+1 tanks were a thing (9 ao cap so tanks good positioning and kiting with wbs becamse a thing. It should take 2 or 3 dps to even hit 24 people because this is the load of dmg tanks were designed to soak up and healers designed to heal. Aoe HD is back even at 30 % better than nothing, should at least stack to 50% so this is where 25 % HD proc becomes VERY good. Procs should exist for both realms and be alot more unique as well.

Reason why nothing dies in 6v6 is truely Shield wp/dok and it needs to go. Give dps wp/dok healdebuff aoe tactic or not. New skills for shield can stay the same they are now and with a bit of tweaks truely makes the classess more free and diverse, Backline Book/Chalice or Frontline actually doing dmg and healing through that.

Only 2H tanks should get this - On Hit: 10% chance to reduce the next two heals on the target within 10 seconds by 485. Only thing that works for Melee heals, and on same 2h Wpn get Aggravation - On Hit: 10% chance to Taunt target.

All Classess should have access to Barricade:VII - On any dmg taken 5% Chance to increase armor by 700 for 6 seconds(Stacking with armour potion or skill)
Dissolve VII - On Hit: 10% chance to lower target's armor by 700 for 6 seconds. Barrier - On Being Hit: 10% chance to form a protective barrier that will absorb up to 160 damage over 5 seconds. Reactionary - On Defense: 25% chance to increase Parry, Evade, and Disrupt by 10% for 10 seconds(stacks with skills) Clarity - Any Ability: 10% chance to reduce the cost of the next ability used within 10 seconds to 0 Action Points.
Boost V - On hit: 5% chance to increase your critical hit rate by 9% and critical dmg by 12% (Heal version as well for all healers)

Boost VI - On hit: 5% chance to increase your critical hit rate by 9% and critical dmg by 18% (Heal version as well for all healers)

Engi/Magus Bewildering - On hit: 10% chance to increase cast times by 05s for 6 seconds,Works on melee and Ranged attacks. Disorient for melee's is MUST HAVE along with Lifetapping/Mele healing from keep door! This is very important
Last edited by Sinisterror on Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

JohnnyWayne

Post#16 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:13 pm

So it is like I suspected - EoV and shaman equivalent cast on move have to go due to limitations of the new skill engine. What about Balance Essence that can be casted with balance stacks while walking? and the small heal + hot skill every heal has and can be casted on the move?

For the SC queue system, please also add an UI component that shows how many archetypes are in the queue, what kind of premades represented in a bar chart and both available to each player for both sides. With more information about the current player pool, players can adjust their roles and group setups to fit better into that base setup if they have the information on what is currently in there.

Personally, I'd use an heuristic based algorithm based on a customizable formula to build the best teams / match setups based of a pool of players that kicks off SCs every 30-60 seconds. This way you have still access to the inner workings of the optimization process and are not training some algorithm on a doubtfully useful metric. Simply going rulebased might be too taxing to get all combinations considered, so I'd really suggest to implement an optimization approach. If you need input or ideas form an algorithm standpoint, I'm available.

For Dungeons, I'd love to see a hard mode variant that gives the same gear but with a higher item level. Warlord level maybe, but make them hard enough to be only be able to beat it with sov gear.

What I'm missing are client improvments. Large scale battles are just painful and I need to restart my client regularly. A huge part of this seems to come from the combat log and its parsing, probably the Lua script engine or something. If a lot of aoe hits you, your client drops performance and this has a staggering effect based on session time. Another cause might be animations and a memory leak. They seem to cause vram tact ratio drops which seems to result in the clients stuttering.

githappens

Post#17 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:50 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:13 pm What I'm missing are client improvments. Large scale battles are just painful and I need to restart my client regularly. A huge part of this seems to come from the combat log and its parsing, probably the Lua script engine or something. If a lot of aoe hits you, your client drops performance and this has a staggering effect based on session time. Another cause might be animations and a memory leak. They seem to cause vram tact ratio drops which seems to result in the clients stuttering.
Just use vinyui. It's well optimised and solves most of performance issues.

Omegus

Post#18 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:05 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:13 pmWhat I'm missing are client improvments. Large scale battles are just painful and I need to restart my client regularly. A huge part of this seems to come from the combat log and its parsing, probably the Lua script engine or something. If a lot of aoe hits you, your client drops performance and this has a staggering effect based on session time. Another cause might be animations and a memory leak. They seem to cause vram tact ratio drops which seems to result in the clients stuttering.
The devs do not have the source code to the client. This is still the original Mythic client from 1.4.8 with some binary patches applied from limited reverse engineering of the assembly code that makes up the client. The bugs you describe were all present on live and there's not much that can be done about them.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
JohnnyWayne

Post#19 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:38 pm

githappens wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:50 pm
JohnnyWayne wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:13 pm What I'm missing are client improvments. Large scale battles are just painful and I need to restart my client regularly. A huge part of this seems to come from the combat log and its parsing, probably the Lua script engine or something. If a lot of aoe hits you, your client drops performance and this has a staggering effect based on session time. Another cause might be animations and a memory leak. They seem to cause vram tact ratio drops which seems to result in the clients stuttering.
Just use vinyui. It's well optimised and solves most of performance issues.
I dislike vinyui, looks really bad. More like gw2 and not a classic mmorpg. Too much clutter, bling bling and reorganization. I have my UI set up as I need it and I doubt that vinyui will do anything about these memory leaks. In its current state I can not bear to play oRvR in zergs.

In regards of no source code - did mythic encrypt the client files? Thats not uncommon for games but it also might be an old algorithm by now. Max probably knows that better than I.

Phantasm

Post#20 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:02 pm

I just watched a video and I really like how the old problems from the beginning of RoR are finally being addressed. The new sc queue system and city sieges, along with a reshuffle of instances – I didn't even think it was possible! Great solutions once again!

Regarding dungeons, it makes me happy because, like many of us, I've done all the dungeons hundreds of times, and it has basically come down to pressing 1 button – that's how easy they are right now. So anything that can make us use our brains a little in dungeons is a huge plus!

Also, I can't wait to see the new concept of RvR. The current one, with carrying boxes up to the rank 2 keep and funneling everyone into one area of the map, must go away. It's an old-style 2008 idea that has somehow only been tweaked over time.

I also have a small suggestion. Since we are making a lot of improvements in a relatively short time, is there any chance we could reshape the current forum format to be more like Reddit? This could include features like upvotes, downvotes, and branched responses. Such a format would greatly assist new players in identifying important information while allowing them to easily disregard repetitive complaints from the same individuals.

Additionally, I would appreciate it if all characters were added to a player's profile (still without their names, just basic "WP rr82" etc). This way, we could identify not-so-obvious trolls and troublemakers.