Recent Topics

Ads

Renown cap lift

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lileldys

Re: Renown cap lift

Post#111 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:19 am

Yeh, a lot of main players won't have seen the purple rain since t2.

I'm for the renown increase, powergap isn't as large as some people think it is, especially with how slow it is. People won't have rr80 in two weeks and crush everything.

The reason for its "slowness" to me is cause there is no armour/weapons implemented/obtainable. As gear gets added I guess the rr40 slowdown effect will increase to rr50 and so on.

RvR seems more lively for it, but maybe down to the event that took place today.

Ads
seara

Post#112 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:32 am

There is no powercreep, you get RR45 and you will be able to max 1 base stat renown tree.. In some cases RR80 dosent even give you an extra ability, say if you are going for damage boost instead. If you need something extra from the talent tree instead then RR50 got that covered, which is easier to get.
This is the reason why this is the opposite of powercreep guys, there is no gear attached to it unlike on live, that gives everyone else then those trying to get the higher RR gear a day early, a advantage.
Last edited by seara on Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dresden
Banned

Post#113 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:36 am

Ooh renown.

Scenarios are good for renown...
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

perche

Post#114 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:58 am

seara wrote:I would do the following Azarael.

Very major:
- Stop all patches that is not bugfixes, do a feature lock to fix current content. Fix server uptime, RVR bugs, login bugs or atleast address them.
- Save remaining quests/PQs/forts/cities for a last update.

Major:
- Put the fun abilities from 1.0 back in. Examples being removal of knockdown/stagger/snare restrictions, Revert class mirroring. find the fun cores for classes, keep 1.0 balancing, but generally only allow 1 good spec per class, buffing weak classes in the process.
- slow down renown gain permanently.

Minor stuff:
- Add back some of the removed gear from the game(live and ror) remove rebalancing on gear that dosent need it.
- Make twinking more visible.
- Remove disrupt buff, replace it with other defensive buffs from back in time if needed.
- Have a zero cheating and multiboxing policy.
- Fix all live events and have them work.
- I would suggest all scenarios to all tiers, another suggestion would be to simply only queue by playersize. Win conditions can always be changed.
- Old fort/city sizes.
- Block anything but party/warband/guild/alliance chatter if near heavy combat.
- Supply a smaller warhammer online download, could use the method for updating the code/art/graphics-preset/UI.

Perform a character wipe once all the above have been done.

i suggest buy the license to gw and the client to EA too.

i hope that rr cap is only temporal, the rr grind kill the game in last stage with the rvr expansion.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Annaise16

Post#115 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:01 am

Renown abilities are biased toward improving the survivability of toons. So once you reach tier 4, if you are worried about a power gap, you should respec your renown points into defensive renown abilities/stats such as extra parry, block, disrupt/doge, reduced chance to be crit, and Cleansing Wind. They deliver much more bang for the buck than the offensive renown stats and so help to narrow any power gap. Yes, your dps/healing will get worse for a while, but that is a sacrifice you need to make if you are worried about survivability due to any future rr/gear gap.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#116 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:24 am

the only prob what i see as a i love scs Player . ONe sc give about 500-800 renown
one solo kill in orvr gives 400-500 scs will be a bit dead if ppl got the stuff what they Need .
but i got a lot of fun yesterday with nice orvr solo Plays . meet a lot order palyers that makes my life hard in 1on1s . was very funny . i still Play on like i do before but now i gain a bit more reward 4 it . thumb up . the whole changelog roxx. oil now physikal is very very nice . and i got some nice Keep fights .
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

seara

Post#117 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:33 am

perche wrote: i suggest buy the license to gw and the client to EA too.
They are working on a launcher, they could just do manual patches.
Last edited by seara on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

noisestorm

Post#118 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:37 am

Yesyes sure, buy the license for a small loan of a few million dollars, np!

Ads
Zanilos

Post#119 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:45 am

noisestorm wrote:Yesyes sure, buy the license for a small loan of a few million dollars, np!
If you saw the state of some of the mobile games that have been popping you would quote a lot less than a couple of million haha

Nameless

Post#120 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:11 am

i would suggest to remove at all renowncap and allow infinity point gain. BUT lvl renown point that buy renown stuff to 80 and rest points only to unlock new titles, appearences items, trophies and so on visual goods.
Somehow it sounds cool to have a shaman on rr 567, it show some dedication and recognition without breaking the power gap
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz