[Marauder] Flames of Fate

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nishka
Suspended

Re: [Marauder] Flames of Fate

Post#121 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:30 pm

I will repeat again: root to catch an rdps is ok. A ranged 10 sec root that allows your whole team to jump on an enemy squishy and beat the hell of of him without him being able to do anything (unless he's am sham wp or dok with mass detaunt) is not ok.
Focus mind you say? Well, keep in mind that you're trading m2 for m1 in such case.

Something should go away, either range or duration. And because range is out of question because pounce, the duration seems the only candidate for a little nerf.
Will it make this morale less annoying? Yes. Will it make it useless? No. It will still be more preferable than severe, because of only 300 base damage less (900/1200) but more utility.

EDIT: Or make it m2
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ads
Toldavf

Post#122 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:43 pm

Had a look through the M1's at least half are situationaly very powerful. It could be argued that getting snared by a squig herder or any ranged snare for that matter will spell an equal amount of death to most ranged classes

If the melee are pushing in your direction and you can't get out of the way for what ever reason slowed, rooted or knocked down you become a target add in the fact your squishy you become a great target.

I've had sc where this has been my only method of catching rdps I've ended up so burried in snares that I would never have had a hope of catching a healer or an rdps without it. That said its not my first choice for m1 I literally have to be forced into using it usually.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Nishka
Suspended

Post#123 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Toldavf wrote:Had a look through the M1's at least half are situationaly very powerful. It could be argued that getting snared by a squig herder or any ranged snare for that matter will spell an equal amount of death to most ranged classes

If the melee are pushing in your direction and you can't get out of the way for what ever reason slowed, rooted or knocked down you become a target add in the fact your squishy you become a great target.

I've had sc where this has been my only method of catching rdps I've ended up so burried in snares that I would never have had a hope of catching a healer or an rdps without it. That said its not my first choice for m1 I literally have to be forced into using it usually.
You never go out without a guardbot. Tell him to take the Champion's Challenge?
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Toldavf

Post#124 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Dont think I've played in a premade in nearly a month I spend my time pugging I'm afraid.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Shadowgurke

Post#125 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Nishka wrote: Focus mind you say? Well, keep in mind that you're trading m2 for m1 in such case.
You completely nullify the M1 and you get the full benefit of your m2. I don't know why you act as if the whole M2 just gets you out of root. YOU CAN STILL CAST LIKE A MADMAN! Does not sound like the worst trade-off.

You played range and got killed by the ability - annoying. We all get that. But so is every tool a rDPS has too. Can we stop acting like playing solo rDPS is hard and solo mDPS is a cakewalk?

Penril

Post#126 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:14 pm

13 pages in, and only 2 people think these M1s are a problem.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#127 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:
Nishka wrote: Focus mind you say? Well, keep in mind that you're trading m2 for m1 in such case.
You completely nullify the M1 and you get the full benefit of your m2. I don't know why you act as if the whole M2 just gets you out of root. YOU CAN STILL CAST LIKE A MADMAN! Does not sound like the worst trade-off.

You played range and got killed by the ability - annoying. We all get that. But so is every tool a rDPS has too. Can we stop acting like playing solo rDPS is hard and solo mDPS is a cakewalk?
You get benefit of your m2? Really? What if I say that you will be not standing and casting, but running away for your life?

Tklees

Post#128 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Let's just clarify. Does the OP know what Terrible Embrace is? If yes are we going to have this same 30 page thread the first time a Mara pulls him into his premade while he is kiting? If so can we lock this and move on to real topics. It's a waste of time discussing things that won't matter in the end game.

Lesson is if you are kiting a Mara you are going to get caught if they get to m1. Simple enough. In a group setting this ability is fine and working as intended.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Ads
Ziliya

Post#129 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:33 pm

Tklees wrote:Let's just clarify. Does the OP know what Terrible Embrace is? If yes are we going to have this same 30 page thread the first time a Mara pulls him into his premade while he is kiting? If so can we lock this and move on to real topics. It's a waste of time discussing things that won't matter in the end game.

Lesson is if you are kiting a Mara you are going to get caught if they get to m1. Simple enough. In a group setting this ability is fine and working as intended.
Terrible embrace has already been discussed and is a fairly balanced ability, FoF is not. You should actually read the thread before commenting.

Ziliya

Post#130 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Penril wrote:13 pages in, and only 2 people think these M1s are a problem.
Mostly because its been the same 5 people posting trash back and forth. Theres barely any discussion going on here. Also, people who side one way or another aren't going to change their opinion regardless of the facts. Take Bloodi, for example.