[Marauder] Flames of Fate

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ziliya

Re: [Marauder] Flames of Fate

Post#131 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:37 pm

Nishka wrote:I will repeat again: root to catch an rdps is ok. A ranged 10 sec root that allows your whole team to jump on an enemy squishy and beat the hell of of him without him being able to do anything (unless he's am sham wp or dok with mass detaunt) is not ok.
Focus mind you say? Well, keep in mind that you're trading m2 for m1 in such case.

Something should go away, either range or duration. And because range is out of question because pounce, the duration seems the only candidate for a little nerf.
Will it make this morale less annoying? Yes. Will it make it useless? No. It will still be more preferable than severe, because of only 300 base damage less (900/1200) but more utility.

EDIT: Or make it m2
Quality post. Someone actually has a brain here.

Ads
magter3001

Post#132 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:41 pm

Ziliya wrote:
Terrible embrace has already been discussed and is a fairly balanced ability, FoF is not. You should actually read the thread before commenting.
Except one is a morale ability with a 60 second cooldown while the other is a 2s cast, also 65ft pull on a 30 second cooldown. Both give out root/kb immunities. The difference is one pulls you toward the enemy while the other one forces you to get to the enemy.

You're crying about a weaker morale but think TE is fine... I would have thought the complete opposite. :roll:
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Ziliya

Post#133 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:47 pm

magter3001 wrote:2s cast
That wasn't so hard, was it?

Additionally it could be said that its easy to run out of range while the pull is being cast, considering the player can actually see when they are about to be pulled. Furthermore, there is a lot of flight time that allows the player to react.

Anyways, you pretty much just proved my point.

___
Oh also I can't believe I have to mention this, but you do realize you can instantly run away (in most cases) as opposed to this morale, which roots you for 10 seconds? Wow you're easy.

Also it gets even worse for you, TE can be disrupted. This allows for a counter to the base strategy (given the morale 1 that is 100% disrupt/dodge), as Az said earlier in the thread.
Last edited by Ziliya on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tklees

Post#134 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Ziliya wrote:
Tklees wrote:Let's just clarify. Does the OP know what Terrible Embrace is? If yes are we going to have this same 30 page thread the first time a Mara pulls him into his premade while he is kiting? If so can we lock this and move on to real topics. It's a waste of time discussing things that won't matter in the end game.

Lesson is if you are kiting a Mara you are going to get caught if they get to m1. Simple enough. In a group setting this ability is fine and working as intended.
Terrible embrace has already been discussed and is a fairly balanced ability, FoF is not. You should actually read the thread before commenting.
I read the thread. Balance issues are based off end game and a group setting to my understanding. The Mara m1 root is balanced in a group setting and in end game where the Mara will most likely pull you instead of m1 rooting you in place.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Ziliya

Post#135 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:53 pm

Tklees wrote: I read the thread. Balance issues are based off end game and a group setting to my understanding. The Mara m1 root is balanced in a group setting and in end game where the Mara will most likely pull you instead of m1 rooting you in place.
Ok, can you explain how a 10 second root isn't overpowered?

Shadowgurke

Post#136 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:55 pm

I think this is a bit pointless. There is more than enough advice in this thread on how to counteract the ability and reasoning as to why FoF is not too strong but you chose to ignore it and insist on the ability being flawed because it allows multiple enemies to catch up to you and kill you.

Ziliya

Post#137 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:56 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:I think this is a bit pointless. There is more than enough advice in this thread on how to counteract the ability and reasoning as to why FoF is not too strong but you chose to ignore it and insist on the ability being flawed because it allows multiple enemies to catch up to you and kill you.
Explain to me how a 10 second root isn't flawed.

magter3001

Post#138 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:00 pm

Spoiler:
Ziliya wrote:
magter3001 wrote:2s cast
That wasn't so hard, was it?

Additionally it could be said that its easy to run out of range while the pull is being cast, considering the player can actually see when they are about to be pulled. Furthermore, there is a lot of flight time that allows the player to react.

Anyways, you pretty much just proved my point.

___
Oh also I can't believe I have to mention this, but you do realize you can instantly run away (in most cases) as opposed to this morale, which roots you for 10 seconds? Wow you're easy.

Also it gets even worse for you, TE can be disrupted. This allows for a counter to the base strategy (given the morale 1 that is 100% disrupt/dodge), as Az said earlier in the thread.
Did you miss the part where I said it's a morale?

You've just posted things you can do to counter TE, well people in this thread keep posting, giving you free pro tips on how to counter FoF yet you don't want to listen... Sorry for quoting Bretin, but clearly it's a L2P issue.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Ads
Tklees

Post#139 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:04 pm

Ziliya wrote:
Tklees wrote: I read the thread. Balance issues are based off end game and a group setting to my understanding. The Mara m1 root is balanced in a group setting and in end game where the Mara will most likely pull you instead of m1 rooting you in place.
Ok, can you explain how a 10 second root isn't overpowered?
Because in a group other players are able to provide support to you while you are rooted. The same could be said of champs challenge. Also all roots in game are 10 seconds. This one is just unbreakable without the use of an ability, FM etc.

Also in your previous post you commented on the length of this thread, blaming others for being stubborn. Consider a mirror. Your view, despite many people posting to the contrary remains unchanged. If you can't have an open mind on balance there is no point in discussing it.

My 2 cents.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

TenTonHammer

Post#140 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:04 pm

because in group play guard and heals will insure that not serious comes out of being rooted for 10s

and its more threatening to be pulled out guard range (which any mara would prefer to do) than it is to be rooted in it