Recent Topics

Ads

Changelog 31/10/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
normanis

Re: Changelog 31/10/16

Post#21 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:10 am

is that fixed when enemy can pull keep lord trough wall and kill him? there is no use of defenders than. anyway isnt better kill lord and cap keep flag?
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#22 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:12 am

NPC's are there to prevent solo captures and solo ramming Its pretty bad if a single player roaming around can have such large impact on the ORVR.

sabat80

Post#23 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:21 am

roadkillrobin wrote:NPC's are there to prevent solo captures and solo ramming Its pretty bad if a single player roaming around can have such large impact on the ORVR.
Guards are champions - any 40/40 can take them solo :)

mynie

Post#24 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:21 am

roadkillrobin wrote:NPC's are there to prevent solo captures and solo ramming Its pretty bad if a single player roaming around can have such large impact on the ORVR.
A single player should be able to have such a large impact if the BO are undefended.
Else why would you even bother defending BO :)

mynie

Post#25 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:23 am

sabat80 wrote:
What im asking is.. what is their purpose. Why would you want NPC defending your BO in a RvR game ? It should be the duty of the players to ensure their BO are safe. There is already lock mechanics and cap timer to ensure flags do not flip/flap every 3 sec :)

roadkillrobin

Post#26 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:43 am

sabat80 wrote:
I doubt moast dps can kill 5 of em and heal up before they respawn. And the healers and tanks don't have the dps to do the same. (Ive seen a few exceptions tho)
If they simply just let soloers have to much impact on the progression of ORVR they need to also start tweaking ballance for 1v1 as it becomes relevant strategy in the lakes.

@mynie The purpose is that its extremly boring to just sit and wait at a BO just coz incase a solo players sneaks in and screw up the realm progression that 50 other players been working for.

mynie

Post#27 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:18 am

roadkillrobin wrote:
sabat80 wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:@mynie The purpose is that its extremly boring to just sit and wait at a BO just coz incase a solo players sneaks in and screw up the realm progression that 50 other players been working for.
You dont actually have to sit at the BO, as there is a cap timer. If there was no cap timer i would understand your point, but there is. You can just react, provided that you are not at the other side of the map, allowing roaming groups to be useful.
Also the "work" of 50 people cannot just be blobbing and zerging one BO one after the other, not defending anything. This is no work, or this is just lemming work :)

Btw there was no guard in 1.4 and i dont recall people getting frustrating about "those dirty soloers messing with our work" :)

mynie

Post#28 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Temp ban issued for editing a moderated post
Last edited by mynie on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
sabat80

Post#29 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:14 pm

Let me describe couple of issues which we had yesterday.

In Praag order had a keep lvl 5 and was attacking destro lvl 0 keep. They were initially outnumbering destro a bit (like 2WB attacking and nearly full defending). In that time they have managed to destroy outer door and were stopped by destroy funnel, but destroy didn’t have enough force to push out.

As destroy keep was rank 0 there were no siege weapons around and order have deployed quite a few. With them they have managed to destroy inner door whilst all fight was happening at the outer.

Issue: Cannons used to destroy inner without pushing through outer

Meanwhile more destro arrived and brought resources, what resulted in successful push, breaking the siege and doors being repaired. Subsequently everyone started fight for BO’s unfortunately main factor in any fight in the field were cannons… People tow artillery that hits for 2000+ damage with knockback and as there is no immunity from that knockback people are being pushed away every couple of seconds. With 2-3 cannons deployed it is impossible to get anywhere close as you are teared to pieces or knocked back.

Issue: Cannons used as a mobile artillery with WB concentrated only on defending them with very difficult approach due to knockback
Azarael wrote: I think the reason you weren't seeing my intent is because keep sieges in the first version did not perform as I wished them to.
If your keep deranks, your supply caps lower, meaning you can field fewer cannons/rams.
Eventually destroy managed to get their keep to lvl 3 and order was around lvl 4, ram was deployed and destroy tried to attack for the 1st time. They were blown away by cannons, completely :D not even managed to hit the door. Keep is high level, lots of artillery is there, that should be expected. Destro waited and tried attacking again at around order keep lvl 2, they were shoot to pieces again by cannons on the walls. Another attempt was at lvl 1 and lvl 0… they were all shoot to pieces again, without any way of engaging order in the direct fight. Destro tried to destroy cannon on the keeps but they were getting message that target is not attackable. Also number of cannons was not reducing while keep lvl was going down.

Issue: With keep ranks goes down cannons are still usable

Issue: Cannons marked as not attackable

In general I must say that recent changes to rvr system are really successful and allowed us a lot of fun alongside a fight against real opponent instead of usual zerg / taking empty zone. Keep on adjusting it and I bet that soon we will have system that allows us to have a good fight :)
Attachments
cannons.jpg
cannons.jpg (50.01 KiB) Viewed 2041 times
no attack.jpg
no attack.jpg (99.37 KiB) Viewed 2041 times

sabat80

Post#30 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Torquemadra wrote:The game is a team effort it's not geared for solo and npcs by and large facilitate that. The reason npc abilities started showing up was people were taking keeps with 4. They are not a threat to a group and if you can solo 5 and take a BO I can certainly put a hero back in and cherry picking aspects from WAR doesn't impress because we are actively trying to avoid the fliphammer it became.

As a mainly solo player I can still make a difference but the war is not being geared to solo, that's the simple fact of the matter.
I would suggest that you might want to try to adjust guards in the way that 3-5 are heros, just to make sure that at least a full balanced party is required to take it instead of single hybrid player?
Last edited by sabat80 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.