Offtank dps : 2H Blackguard or Black Orc SnB?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dalgrimar

Re: Offtank dps : 2H Blackguard or Black Orc SnB?

Post#21 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:16 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:

No BG and mara was only a "killer combo" in the end days of rr100 bullshittery where SM, BO etc were considered garbage

Preconceptions we all bought here back in the early days of RoR, i remeber back in the day fourm talk with penril, Az and co all talking about buffing BO, SM 1.40 beta buffs and defensive leaps :lol:
Please... BO was even stronger on Live RR100 than it is now.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#22 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:18 pm

I mean everything at rr100 was good, but i do remember SM and BO were both considered bad on live. It was knight/ib and chosen/bg all day long.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Dalgrimar

Post#23 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Maybe on Badlands server, not on EU at all.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Luuca

Post#24 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:54 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Luuca wrote:
Penril wrote:Or maybe it is stupid that Chosen/KotBS buffs are so easy to use in RoR because there is no need to twist and the Auras do not dissipate like on Live.
FIFY

....And one addon later it wouldnt have mattered any way, twisting requires no real "mechanical skill" and was the equivalent of "busy work"
Spoken as someone who didn't understand the mechanic.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#25 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Luuca wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:
Luuca wrote:
FIFY

....And one addon later it wouldnt have mattered any way, twisting requires no real "mechanical skill" and was the equivalent of "busy work"
Spoken as someone who didn't understand the mechanic.
Oh, do explain. I'm curious what 'mechanic' was involved here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#26 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Press twister every four seconds was pretty accurate summation of my experience on live. Could you set up different twister rotations amd bind them to separate keys? i cant recall. either way its always been the lamest of the tank mechanics.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

TenTonHammer

Post#27 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:17 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Press twister every four seconds was pretty accurate summation of my experience on live. Could you set up different twister rotations amd bind them to separate keys? i cant recall. either way its always been the lamest of the tank mechanics.
Yeah.

Ther was an addon that saved aura "presents"

Penril

Post#28 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Dalgrimar wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:

No BG and mara was only a "killer combo" in the end days of rr100 bullshittery where SM, BO etc were considered garbage

Preconceptions we all bought here back in the early days of RoR, i remeber back in the day fourm talk with penril, Az and co all talking about buffing BO, SM 1.40 beta buffs and defensive leaps :lol:
Please... BO was even stronger on Live RR100 than it is now.
Nah it wasn't. For starters, you had the KD at 14 points and not 10 like in RoR. As for damage... they didn't do as much as in RoR that it let their groups kill enemies through guard. Even at 100, and all it took was a KotBS/IB to get you out of the picture since you couldn't return the favor to them. It's still the same in RoR but, like I said, your damage more than makes up for it now.

I miss No Choppin Me though :( (and also, loved your "maybe in NA" post)

@everyone else talking about Chosen: What is the difference between having 3 auras up all the time and using Twister + Autohotkey?

Ads
Penril

Post#29 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Anyway, enough with the derailment (my bad too). Focus on OPs question.

Luuca

Post#30 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:31 pm

A bit OT so I was avoiding going into detail BUT since you asked...

@everyone else talking about Chosen: What is the difference between having 3 auras up all the time and using Twister + Autohotkey?

Before I begin: Yes, Twister was popular and yes, you had the option of setting up groups/profiles for different sets and yes, I have used twister.

The difference between the "Always On" of RoR and the Twisting of live is that when the Chosen was KD, RKD, Staggered, WH Immobilized, etc. Auras would dissipate. Go away. and you could/would be without one or two of your 3 available auras for 8-12 seconds leaving your group lacking in that buff and your enemy no longer debuffed. Remember they went in sequence when using twister.

While I agree that the aura system in RoR is ez-mode, I disagree that playing a support role with the worst dps in-game well is easy. Being mediocre is easy and every class can be played mediocre. Thus every class can be easy-mode.