Post#21 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:30 pm

WHY?
coz it is PvD, PvE game
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Ads
Sgttimmen

Re: Why?

Post#22 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:47 pm

When doors are rep zone could lock. This would, with some tweaking, require both sides to really fight over BO:s after an atempted keeptake.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#23 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Was it Pvp when BO was locked and you had to kill 5 champs (in 30 secs) and wait for 180 secs, locking the BO for 15 minutes ?

Was it PvP when you had to release a Supply Carrier ( a NPC) running from BO to WC, and having in the same time hundreds of players holding standards, hidden in bushes waiting for ticks ?

Shall i remind empty capitals ( to avoid fight mostly) ?

Wasn't it zerg/blob on Caledor bridge - between Eataine/reikland/praag WC - cause all BOS were locked ?

According all this, i dont think actual system ( even it is not finished!) is worst than original one. :)

Dabbart

Post#24 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Because Humans suck. That’s the basic answer to all of your questions.

I’ve been here long enough too of seen a dozen different ORvR systems between T3 cap and now. Each time, it’s the players(or a bug that is fixed) that ruin it by being derpy. Give us an EZ lock or RR system to abuse and by Khorne we will!

Feedback issues should be apparent. Y’all are just mean at times. Case in point, I haven’t been banned. Any regular readers that think I don’t provide feedback, personal opinions, or mild trolling? Just don’t be insulting to those that actually work so that we can have fun. It ain’t that hard.

And for the record, Live had true PvDoor(RoR did for an time during T3 as well). Live had true PvLord(RoR did as well). Live had keep/zone swapping back and forth over empty zones(so did RoR) etc. it’s not inherently a code or system issue. It’s us, the players. My personal favorite fights from RoR occurred when T3 was broken and no one could fight around keeps. It was awesome duels and small fights for a week. Ofc, the playerbase dwindled to a few dozen, but at least I had fun... right?

Saying that your ideas, that aren’t instituted, would 100% work is asinine. You think it’d work. That’s doesn’t constitute fact. Also, just cause something isn’t input doesn’t mean that A, it’ll never happen(we JUST got client control FFS), B, that it was something even possible to code, or C, that it is in the direction the actual people that’d have to do the work want to take.

T1 is horseshit. Zero tactics(I mean battlefield tactics, not class tactics, though we have 0 of those too)it’s just Braveheart charges or BO camping. Were you not around for the recent loveboat bullshit? Literally everyone and their mother sitting at the Boat in Notsca and having to be booted from server so they’d get off it(after hitting R16, they’d just sit there for more RR)? How in the hell is T1 better? Cause people go pure derp and full handicap? The only thing leading to “better” fights in T1 is the general lack of Guarding and Heals. You can get easier DBs, that’s about it.

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” Or maybe just take a break. My opinion is that a lot of people just get burned out on RoR. The Fun can get old or repetitive. Go do something else, and come back in a week with a clear head.

Or keep making these threads.... I’m sure they’ll accomplish something eventually...
Last edited by Dabbart on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

CountTalabecland

Post#25 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:25 pm

If you want to fight the destro, be a leader, get some lads, and go fight the destro. Being unable to out-zerg due to pop imbalance is not a thing the devs can do anything about. In such times you need to adapt, kill what you can and just accept that you can't always crush the enemy in orvr. If other people want to avoid fights then don't join their wb.
Current system is more efficient at getting to keep fight, which is better, who wants the same zone zerg back and forth for 4+ hours?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:38 pm

To the people apparently really interested in PvP (according to this thread):

Where were your PvP-driven premades during 6v6 events/Phalanx asking for 24v24?

Dabbart

Post#27 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:42 pm

^^^ farming PUGs while all the premades were busy, and locking empty zones Ofc! Do you even PvP bro?!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

DirkDaring

Post#28 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:14 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:39 pm People blobbing up on BOs and afking is entirely a player issue. Those who were interested in proper PvP have either left or gone on a hiatus, so it's only natural that you see an abundance of people seeking the (as said already) path of least resistance.

RvR system isn't definitive; it's subject to alteration. Feedback is always welcomed, provided its constructive and not 'but it wasn't like this on live/man this is ****'.
Pretty much this , I quit in may 2016, came back a year later in may 2017, and played for 4 months, then took a break until Christmas, decided to come back and see how RvR was , but it was the same people avoiding fights, not defending BO, and just staying long enough to get credit for capture of the BO, before running to the next empty BO, to repeat to build up contribution, for bag roll.

I quit and just came back 3 weeks ago, but RvR still has issues , and sadly some of it is design, but mostly it is players .

Ads
Sgttimmen

Post#29 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:26 pm

I am really the wrong one to have any knowledge about pvp and rvr, if any dev or whatever were upset about my really noobish ideas im sorry. I am by no means an elite player, nvr into minmaxing, sqeezing juice out of rocks and whatnot as i got a full time commitment everywhere else in life and just play for fun and relaxing. I just wanted to throw out some ideas i had, even though in my opinion this is by far better than live ever was.

Tirien27

Post#30 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:51 pm

I agree, maybe it´s just me but i loved the old system. Locking bo´s down for x amount of time. And without spwning in keeps i defended and made sure nobody came through postern.

1. Don´t let people spawn in keeps after killed in lakes
2. No more teleporting to bo´s
3. Increase Inf, rr and exp but make sure you get some coins aswell

The reason why you increase rr, inf, exp is because if you remove spawning in keeps, and bo teleportation people tend to get entitled.

I can do without any of these things, but these things would def increase my enjoyment :) But thats just me.