Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: Squig Herder

Post#21 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:48 am

Just a hint, kill his pet and then focus the player. There are little tools like champ challenge, one usually uses on hard to catch targets.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Ugle

Post#22 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:12 am

It was Baloon, I were in the scenario. Specced for cc annoyance, killing pet really dosent help. Luckily not many meatballs like him :)
inactive

Machwar

Post#23 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:50 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:15 pm I don’t think the OP’s argument that Knockback timers should apply to SH is unreasonable. At the very least make it a channel ability like zealot that can be taunt interrupted. Being able to move and do multiple knockbacks on a ranged class (even in melee build) is over performing imo. Especially when combined with choppa pull, order flies across the screen for 20 seconds, can’t use abilities, and is dead.

If the SH had to be channeling in place or at least without the ability to pounce out again that would be more balanced for counter play. Ik WL has pounce but that it so they can single target dps/their crowd control is very limited. A melee class jumping out of guard range to burst makes sense because it risky to leave guard/heal range. A ranged class melee defensive build jumping out of guard range but being survivable with tank level cc is neither risky nor reasonable. Who cares what dps it does if the cc is so powerful the target group is interrupted until the rest of the dest grp shows up to dps?

I understand that this might not be a big threat to e-sport type “meta” groups, whatever that is, but for the majority of the server who pug or form impromptu grps from /5, it is indeed imo borderline gamebreakiny effective.

Edit: I realize a lot of its effectiveness in Pug/wb play comes from order’s squishy tendency not to play tanks and melee. Ik, I hate it too but its been this way for 10 years so regrettably i think it needs to be taken into balance considerations even though it is 100% player choice to suck that bad.

Luckily for us, it's already a channeling
That's mean even a taunt interrupt it no ?
Arroswar -> Disciple of Khaine
Iwar -> Archmage

Charon

Post#24 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Ugle wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:12 am It was Baloon, I were in the scenario. Specced for cc annoyance, killing pet really dosent help. Luckily not many meatballs like him :)
It seems that this topic is not about SH but more about the sh and his annoying tank/sh/2dd party setup :mrgreen:
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

CountTalabecland

Post#25 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:37 pm

Machwar wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:50 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:15 pm I don’t think the OP’s argument that Knockback timers should apply to SH is unreasonable. At the very least make it a channel ability like zealot that can be taunt interrupted. Being able to move and do multiple knockbacks on a ranged class (even in melee build) is over performing imo. Especially when combined with choppa pull, order flies across the screen for 20 seconds, can’t use abilities, and is dead.

If the SH had to be channeling in place or at least without the ability to pounce out again that would be more balanced for counter play. Ik WL has pounce but that it so they can single target dps/their crowd control is very limited. A melee class jumping out of guard range to burst makes sense because it risky to leave guard/heal range. A ranged class melee defensive build jumping out of guard range but being survivable with tank level cc is neither risky nor reasonable. Who cares what dps it does if the cc is so powerful the target group is interrupted until the rest of the dest grp shows up to dps?

I understand that this might not be a big threat to e-sport type “meta” groups, whatever that is, but for the majority of the server who pug or form impromptu grps from /5, it is indeed imo borderline gamebreakiny effective.

Edit: I realize a lot of its effectiveness in Pug/wb play comes from order’s squishy tendency not to play tanks and melee. Ik, I hate it too but its been this way for 10 years so regrettably i think it needs to be taken into balance considerations even though it is 100% player choice to suck that bad.

Luckily for us, it's already a channeling
That's mean even a taunt interrupt it no ?
I don't recall seeing a animation on the character to let you know the channeling is happening, its usually how I know to taunt a choppa or zealot for example. But yeah according to that tooltip it should be interruptible. I will have to start throwing taunt on more meatballs and see what happens.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Machwar

Post#26 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:39 pm

of course you can see the animation, look at the healer bump in every direction :D
Arroswar -> Disciple of Khaine
Iwar -> Archmage

falscheneun

Post#27 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:29 pm

Ugle wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:12 am It was Baloon, I were in the scenario. Specced for cc annoyance, killing pet really dosent help. Luckily not many meatballs like him :)
exactly this, and he is basically the only SH who plays like this, to achieve this level of "annoyance" (from order pov) at least. I'd take this topic with a grain of salt, imo it's not more than just QQing about a single person playing their class/role extremely well and understands the game so well as to know when to do what outside of being a CC monster.

All you can do is either accept this player/PM/duo is just better than you or you learn how to deal with them. Starting a thread asking to nerf an entire class because a single player knows how to play won't help you much.

Dammy095

Post#28 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:48 pm

more than that , asking for nerf if someone jumps on you and kill in 2-3 gcd makes sense, but just because hes "annoying" doesnt.

Ads
Jinxypie

Post#29 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:04 pm

Just watch some Zarbix stream man. He forced Balloon pull back all the time via pet kill.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ugle

Post#30 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:04 pm
Just watch some Zarbix stream man. He forced Balloon pull back all the time via pet kill.
Well he is not unkillable, when taking out the support first, but usually pet is eaten 1 sec before killing it, hence my comment, wasted time dpsing it down, invalidated by an instacast ability. Better off focusing anything else imo.
inactive