Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Trial by Pain can not be interrupted by Taunt

Let's talk about... everything else
Grock

Re: [WH] Trial by Pain can not be interrupted by Taunt

Post#21 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:05 am

Is it a bug or a feature though? Even though uninterruptible channel sounds wrong i feel like risk/reward comparison between a combo finisher channel and a simple Taunt, which is undefendable and also buffs ur dmg, is a bit skewed in favor of Taunt, so maybe leave it as is?

Wouldn't mind same treatment for slayer/choppa selfheal channel too, to be honest. Its our main strength in 1v1, but on top of being weakened by armor/etc its also super easily cancelled by any tank at no cost - all while they already have punts and other CC to interrupt it...

I'd rather see other classes buffed up to the level similar to WH/WE, so that everybody gets strong and fun to play, than them losing their strengths and becoming less fun
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
sharpblader

Post#22 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:10 am

Grock wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:05 am Is it a bug or a feature though? Even though uninterruptible channel sounds wrong i feel like risk/reward comparison between a combo finisher channel and a simple Taunt, which is undefendable and also buffs ur dmg, is a bit skewed in favor of Taunt, so maybe leave it as is?

Wouldn't mind same treatment for slayer/choppa selfheal channel too, to be honest. Its our main strength in 1v1, but on top of being weakened by armor/etc its also super easily cancelled by any tank at no cost - all while they already have punts and other CC to interrupt it...

I'd rather see other classes buffed up to the level similar to WH/WE, so that everybody gets strong and fun to play, than them losing their strengths and becoming less fun
Currently, TbP can be interrupted by other interrupt abilities.

Also, the point is that the WE mirror can be interrupted by taunt which as per the logic you stated is worse for WEs, because in the current meta:

WH use TbP on 1 or 2 accusations and have a mechanic which can refund 2 Accusations. So even if interrupted they can still use another finisher immediately.

WEs tend to build 5 bloodlust for RA which if interrupted, renders the 5 point finisher a waste and forces them to build bloodlust again.

So either make them both interruptible or both uninterruptible

Krima

Post#23 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:46 am

sharpblader wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:10 am
Grock wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:05 am Is it a bug or a feature though? Even though uninterruptible channel sounds wrong i feel like risk/reward comparison between a combo finisher channel and a simple Taunt, which is undefendable and also buffs ur dmg, is a bit skewed in favor of Taunt, so maybe leave it as is?

Currently, TbP can be interrupted by other interrupt abilities.

Also, the point is that the WE mirror can be interrupted by taunt which as per the logic you stated is worse for WEs, because in the current meta:

WH use TbP on 1 or 2 accusations and have a mechanic which can refund 2 Accusations. So even if interrupted they can still use another finisher immediately.

WEs tend to build 5 bloodlust for RA which if interrupted, renders the 5 point finisher a waste and forces them to build bloodlust again.

100% make them both interruptible.

TBP also procs 2x bullets even if all hits get parry. Please fix that.
TBP atm its beyong OP and broken. Having seeker blade guarante hit + razor strike building mech even if parried also. No matter what WH be healing for 1k with such a low CD on TBP.

Its not even a balance debate. We talking about a bug that have been around for yearss
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Grock

Post#24 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:05 pm

sharpblader wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:10 am Currently, TbP can be interrupted by other interrupt abilities.

Other interrupts are attacks that can be parried, while Taunt is a no-brainer undefendable ranged interrupt with no counter play and no cost

I dont wanna go into WH vs WE, but you gotta recognize that RA does massively more damage than TbP and can potentially proc WE kiss more than 2 times, so its not exactly 1:1 comparison

Krima wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:46 am 100% make them both interruptible.

TBP atm its beyong OP and broken. Having seeker blade guarante hit + razor strike building mech even if parried also. No matter what WH be healing for 1k with such a low CD on TBP.

Its not even a balance debate. We talking about a bug that have been around for yearss
Everything is a "balance debate", you can't avoid that, we aren't on Bugtracker we are on forums ;)
It was said in this thread that what you wrote is true for WE as well, Kisses proc when attack is parried and Slice builds frenzy when parried

Saying TbP is "beyond OP and broken" is silly when WE's equivalent does 2-3 times more damage by itself, TbP was pretty much never used until healing bullets meta
In any case, I'd rather see other classes get reliable self-sustain options like Bullets+TbP to balance it out, than nerfing WH self heal and killing their fun and viable bruiser build
It doesn't affect group play, while giving a lot of leverage in solo & small scale roaming, which is cool

Krima

Post#25 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:31 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:05 pm
sharpblader wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:10 am Currently, TbP can be interrupted by other interrupt abilities.

Other interrupts are attacks that can be parried, while Taunt is a no-brainer undefendable ranged interrupt with no counter play and no cost

I dont wanna go into WH vs WE, but you gotta recognize that RA does massively more damage than TbP and can potentially proc WE kiss more than 2 times, so its not exactly 1:1 comparison

Rare cases RA procs more than 2 kisses... it has a ICD on it. Ive been using RA for the past 2 years.. And it usually procs just once. Yes, RA does massive dmg thanks to TOB and Frienzied mayhem.
Krima wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:46 am 100% make them both interruptible.

Everything is a "balance debate", you can't avoid that, we aren't on Bugtracker we are on forums ;)
It was said in this thread that what you wrote is true for WE as well, Kisses proc when attack is parried and Slice builds frenzy when parried

Saying TbP is "beyond OP and broken" is silly when WE's equivalent does 2-3 times more damage by itself, TbP was pretty much never used until healing bullets meta
In any case, I'd rather see other classes get reliable self-sustain options like Bullets+TbP to balance it out, than nerfing WH self heal and killing their fun and viable bruiser build
It doesn't affect group play, while giving a lot of leverage in solo & small scale roaming, which is cool
Its not about the DMG of TBP! Its all about the healing WH geting from it without being interrupted. Even if mdps pops m1 versus WH.. Still ok to use TBP since bullets going through and healing for 1k. Brainless? Im talking about how broken the skill is. Pretty much a WH dont have to worry about anything, taunt, morales etc.. can just brainless cycle betwen TBP/Seekerblade/Razor strike since its building mech no matter what. And geting healed from it :lol:

Steps to fix it WH TBP:
- Needs to interruptable
- Bullets wont proc if hits are parried
- Razor strike / slice wont muild mech if parried.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Grock

Post#26 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:02 pm

Krima wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:31 pmRare cases RA procs more than 2 kisses... it has a ICD on it. Ive been using RA for the past 2 years.. And it usually procs just once. Yes, RA does massive dmg thanks to TOB and Frienzied mayhem.
Its more than ToB/Mayhem, RA's natural damage is high, dont have actual numbers at hand but we tested it in the past, its above normal

Krima wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:31 pm Steps to fix it WH TBP:
- Needs to interruptable
One problem with this is it procs bullets only two times - at the start and at the end, so you'd only need to luck-out on parrying 2 attacks to negate it completely, not quite fair, is it?

Maybe bullet mechanic could be changed for TbP specifically to do less damage but proc on every shot

sharpblader

Post#27 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:21 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:02 pm
Krima wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:31 pmRare cases RA procs more than 2 kisses... it has a ICD on it. Ive been using RA for the past 2 years.. And it usually procs just once. Yes, RA does massive dmg thanks to TOB and Frienzied mayhem.
Its more than ToB/Mayhem, RA's natural damage is high, dont have actual numbers at hand but we tested it in the past, its above normal

Krima wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:31 pm Steps to fix it WH TBP:
- Needs to interruptable
One problem with this is it procs bullets only two times - at the start and at the end, so you'd only need to luck-out on parrying 2 attacks to negate it completely, not quite fair, is it?

Maybe bullet mechanic could be changed for TbP specifically to do less damage but proc on every shot
Its not true.

Here is a screenshot of a 5 combo point RA vs. TbP on Target Dummies I tested. Both toons in vanq gear, genesis accessories and subj wep. (No Frenzied Mayhem on WE. No kisses. No bullets)

https://imgur.com/a/ZqmqE3b

Krima is right that 3 kiss procs on RA are rare. Out of about 10 RAs or so, I got only one where it procced 3 times.

Here is the actual scenario of the channel:
1. WH - Procs 2 times around 450 dmg each guaranteed
2. WE - Prcos 0 to 3 times around 280 dmg each

Since bullet dmg is higher than kiss dmg, even if it procs 3 times actual dmg done is almost equal.

Parrying or Blocking doesnt prevent Bullets and Kisses from proccing. They are undefendable.

Grock

Post#28 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:26 pm

sharpblader wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:21 pm Here is a screenshot of a 5 combo point RA vs. TbP on Target Dummies I tested. Both toons in vanq gear, genesis accessories and subj wep. (No Frenzied Mayhem on WE. No kisses. No bullets)

https://imgur.com/a/ZqmqE3b
Hmm, interesting, did a quick test myself - looks like it has been changed while i was on a break, RA now has appropriate dps scaling and TbP now hits 6 times (iirc used to be 4)

My bad then :)

Ads
reynor007

Post#29 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:08 pm

facundo7777 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:00 am
reynor007 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:39 pm
Krima wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:34 pm 100%,

+ Even if you parried all their TBP hits the bullets will proc no matter what!!
cry cry baby
and where is all the def WE hmm... oh yes, it's Frenzied Mayhem nerf for WB

by the way, I accidentally looked up my stats on killbord
solo stats KILLS 691 DEATHS 9
I'm probably not such a bad player as you tried to expose me)))
In my opinion You are top solo player or even best on the server :) You prove it by playing few different classes! Moreover You are very helpful for community.

anyway from my point of view those solo stats not 'saying' all the truth (stats are so amazing itself). Why?

1) wh class - only wh or we can achieve so low death score. Moreover as we know the wh dmg is kinda broken while it goes in pair with surv, healing and escape mechanics especially in 1v1 or 1vX.

2) You had/have few whs so You could try and die a lot on different chars to test builds etc and then building the stats on Mdpv :) or am i wrong?

Once more, its not hate. Just my opinion about stats. I really love Your skills, help, movies etc. Keep it up!! (even if iam dying on my destro toon :D:D)
thanks bro, yeah i think it's only possible on wh/we now
well, I never chased statistics, on the contrary, I always look for interesting fight, even if the enemies have an advantage
well, I’m very glad that someone just likes my work and he doesn’t look for some hidden meaning in it
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

diegomess

Post#30 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:29 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:05 am

what u mean, slayer rune of absorption is way harder to see and thus interrupting compared to choppa's furious choppin and you can combo it with rampage to be op.

TBP is every 8 sec and taunt every 15, you cant do anything about it, healing is the most valuable thing in 1v1 imagine if you had ROA every 8 sec uninterruptable, fun for you but is bs... if you talk about fun then bring back the op chosen tactic with undefendable spirit dmg surely it was bullshit but fun for chosen.
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80