Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] How about females chosen?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Penril

Re: [Chosen] How about females chosen?

Post#31 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:02 pm

RyanMakara wrote:
And as Dwarfs consider both males and females to be equal, despite their obvious difference in primary task of their society, yes, they can also become Slayers.
I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that, when a female dwarf lost her honor, her partner/husband or whatever had to regain it for her. Maybe it was in an old Gotrek book? Idk...

Ads
CzarRedwall

Post#32 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Khorne and Nurgle chosen first then females :)

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#33 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Github / Tighub / Stack

Penril

Post#34 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:15 pm

Really really crazy idea... How about letting Chosen players choose female heads/hair on character creation/Barber surgeon?

Those who want to play as female Chosen can simply play without their helmets showing. After all, armor is armor and it doesn't NEED to be feminine. You don't need metal bikinis or stuff like that. Take a look at female stormtrooper armor from last Star Wars movie:

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/star-wars ... ike-166621

Not sure if this is possible though, but it seems to be the the easiest solution.

Gobtar

Post#35 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Tesq wrote:the request is not out of mind, fantasy khorne chosen is a woma (valkia).... i am for make anyone able to play their gender if background support it which is not the case of ork or which elf......

anyway male sorc should not exist (malekith kill /ban them all) so dont fuss about someone asking female chosen.
My 2 cents (more like $5):

Female chosen: As stated would require so much work and remember that most chaos warriors just fuse their bodies to their armour anyway...so it would be literally impossible to tell, all would it affect the lower tiers. Tzeentch tends to transform favoured followers to into things which are devoid of original identifiers. Bascially he "abstracts" them.
Valkia is a daemon prince not a Chosen, her physical form is a manifestation of her presence in the realm of chaos intermixed with Khorne's influence, this explains her "unique" appearance

Female slayers: while they do exist; they are INCREADIBLY rare. Female Dwarfs are already super rare, a lot rarer then what RoR would actually suggest. While humans have a 1:1 M/F ratio Dwarfs have something like 10:1 M/F. Slayers are a very small percentage of the dwarfs, losing your honour to such a degree is not likely and the slayer oath is tread only by the sternest of dwarfs. For a female dwarf something absolutely devastating would have to happen, really depressing stuff if you want to think about it, but most slayers' reasons for taking the oath are tear worthy.

Male Sorcerers: The coming of the 6th Edition Dark Elf army book saw the end of "Malekith sanctioned Sorcerers". Male Sorcs still existed, but they were not part of major society as Malekith feared the prophesy and would assassinate any of these "lawbreakers". In the Age of Reckoning, the conquest of Ulthuan has made it feasible for Malekith to "pause" his sanction on male sorcs provided they serve his purpose. Malekith is of course a master manipulator, not only does this expose potential threats to be dealt with later, but is also a means of eliminating these threats by have them die for him. Also Doomfire Warlocks are a perfect example of Malekth "using" male sorcerers, with a caveat, of course.

Male Witch Elves: The cult of khaine's male members often are the Dark Elf Assassin. While In RoR, the Witch Elf is functionally a stealther, their "lore role" is less subtle, being a frenzied slaughterer with heavy use of poisons. The Carnage and Suffering Paths really play into this role. Dark Elf Assassins are fearsome in their own right, and employ much of the same poisons and powers that the witch elves possess. I think a Dark Elf assassin (Male only) might be a nice analog to the female only Witch Elf. There is some art resources from WOH that could help this cause. I would NOT like to see male Witch Elves, or Female Assassins.
Last edited by Gobtar on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

albionrare

Post#36 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Seriously a guy called MALE DOKS LORE UNFRIENDLY? Its female doks thats lore unfriendly, doks are toys of the witch elves often used as sex servants for the hag queens they are male only in the lore why have none of you mentioned this?

ElusiveM

Post#37 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:49 pm

How about female orcs?
Spoiler:
Last edited by ElusiveM on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gobtar

Post#38 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:49 pm

albionrare wrote:Seriously a guy called MALE DOKS LORE UNFRIENDLY? Its female doks thats lore unfriendly, doks are toys of the witch elves often used as sex servants for the hag queens they are male only in the lore why have none of you mentioned this?
What? Disciples of Khaine were created specifically for WAR. They borrowed a lot of themes from the Dark Elf Assassin, and there is no mention of DoKs in their current incarnation ever existing in relevant army books. I have never been a fan of their aesthetic either, but that is personal taste.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#39 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Whenever I see beta footage I feel like the textures are slightly higher res, am I just retarded?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#40 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:09 pm

Jaycub wrote:Whenever I see beta footage I feel like the textures are slightly higher res, am I just retarded?
I feel the same way. I suspect that the textures were higher res in beta, both for better publicity and because they knew their QA machines could handle it. When the game launched, the lowered the texture quality to improve performance on lower-end machines