Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder mobility

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Akilinus

Re: Marauder mobility

Post#31 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:29 am

knick wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:31 pm
theoddone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:21 pm
Spoiler:
knick wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:10 pm

so in numbers
WL 5
SW 3
Mara 4
SH All

dosent look to bad to me when you keep in mind Mara have not to hunt down SH and Shammys. And in the end just "one" less then WL in compare to much more utility like aoe knockdown and stuff like Toughness debuff.
By putting Mara on the same level like Wl would make its like -> Destro best in mobility by SH and Mara + Destro best in escape by SH and Shammy by run away and so on.
The fact that Mara is at the end of the list in mobility or looks a bit off is just the result of the huge mobility buff of the SH.
The sh and shammy argument goes both ways. A marauder have to chase pouncing targets all over. Leap can be used defensively as well. Also, you didn't notice I wrote single target, aka no aoe knockdown, which is useless in small scale anyway. There are so many toughness debuffs and the mara one doesn't benefit from PB either.
Basically, you are saying that marauder drew the short stick and has to suffer because of SH and realm balance? What does the marauder get in return?

only because you excluding mara knock down doesn't mean he haven't one. You cant compare pouncing with run away. Pounce is a ability, you need a target for it and you can just pounce to a other enemy. Not like SH who can defensibly pounce out and run away is just a tactic...
Sure there are other Toughness debuffs but you still have one WL not.
You said yourself you have to take all 4 classes in compare. So if you suffer in mobility you have to group up with a SH like WL have to group up with a class for Toughness debuff in example.
Only class actual combine all utility in one is SH and this was a big mistake.
what is so good about run away (tactic) on sh?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
Elemint

Post#32 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:37 pm

This happens in ranked solo a lot tho, with melee + ranged. I suffer on mara, i suffer on ASW surprisingly, i suffer on slayer, if fighting against a tank that follows me around instead of sticking to his dps like a lost puppy. ASW one seems strange to have this problem but if you move backwards while SW is in pounce animation he won't be able to connect to you, and if he is snared he won't catch up. I understand completely the reason for this thread as it seems matchmaking prefers the melee + ranged matchup and if they have just 1 decent tank and you're not a wl or a sh it's deeply unpleasant to play

It's just how the game is, ranged gets shafted in organized fights so it's just a coordination issue.
Last edited by Elemint on Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dajciekrwi

Post#33 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:57 pm

Hey, im was playing Idajciekrwi for some time in RoR .
On start RoR - Mara was have some "Resolute defense" and "Cleansing winds" -must have abilities.
Devs taking these long time ago from game, so Maras started to used Monstro.
Now i just look to RoR to meet Grobbok & the Friends of Fat Squigs.
That the history ofFfall of Mara - class should be kicked from game!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Xergon

Post#34 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:24 pm

theoddone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:27 pm
Spoiler:
Not often I make threads but was watching Cimbas latest solo ranked video and found it quite interesting. Great play by Cimba as usual. Did not want to ruin his/her thread with balance discussion.

Click here to watch on YouTube

The part I found interesting with the video was that it's a great example of how easy it is to shut a marauder down.
Notice how the marauder gets punted and kd almost every 30sec by the kotbs combined with the constant snare. Not to mention the ap drain.
Out of the cluster that is mara, sh, wl, and sw, the mara has the worst mobility. Just notice how the wl pounces back when punted. And the wl does more dmg in loner spec so please no "but muh the pet dies".
So what does the mara get in comparison to the above-mentioned classes to compensate for the lack of mobility? Not more dmg, especially burst. Not on-demand CC. Utility? Compered to wl we get inc healing debuff, but that's about it. Class mechanic? Mostly a clunky stance mechanic that restricts, but there's at least gift of monstrosity. However, in this setting, it's not that useful. Especially after the change that the GoM buff gets removed if you swap stance.
Another issue with the lack of mobility is that it's so easy to read the marauder's movements. You can see the marauder coming from miles away. This limits gameplay options quite a bit in a 6v6 setting.

Atm I think that the class lacks anything unique that sets it apart from other dps classes with single target specs. Don't think there's a need for massive tweaks, but some small changes are needed. Any ideas?

If anything that u stated was true, destro would not score those 2 killsblows on Engi, yet they did, therefore Mara is in fine state.
Just because u play against enemy tank who has enough brain to use properly punt that doesnt mean there is some kinda imbalance issue.
Afaik, Mara already received small buffs couple patches ago, and i seriously dont think that a class who performes greatly in all aspects of the game is in great need for any tweeks atm.

If u r unhappy with how Mara perform, then nothing stops u to play other class. Tbh i would not expect post like this from player like u, but i guess everything is possible.

Cheers.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

wachlarz

Post#35 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:55 pm

Xergon wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:24 pm
Spoiler:
Not often I make threads but was watching Cimbas latest solo ranked video and found it quite interesting. Great play by Cimba as usual. Did not want to ruin his/her thread with balance discussion.

The part I found interesting with the video was that it's a great example of how easy it is to shut a marauder down.
Notice how the marauder gets punted and kd almost every 30sec by the kotbs combined with the constant snare. Not to mention the ap drain.
Out of the cluster that is mara, sh, wl, and sw, the mara has the worst mobility. Just notice how the wl pounces back when punted. And the wl does more dmg in loner spec so please no "but muh the pet dies".
So what does the mara get in comparison to the above-mentioned classes to compensate for the lack of mobility? Not more dmg, especially burst. Not on-demand CC. Utility? Compered to wl we get inc healing debuff, but that's about it. Class mechanic? Mostly a clunky stance mechanic that restricts, but there's at least gift of monstrosity. However, in this setting, it's not that useful. Especially after the change that the GoM buff gets removed if you swap stance.
Another issue with the lack of mobility is that it's so easy to read the marauder's movements. You can see the marauder coming from miles away. This limits gameplay options quite a bit in a 6v6 setting.

Atm I think that the class lacks anything unique that sets it apart from other dps classes with single target specs. Don't think there's a need for massive tweaks, but some small changes are needed. Any ideas?

If anything that u stated was true, destro would not score those 2 killsblows on Engi, yet they did, therefore Mara is in fine state.
Just because u play against enemy tank who has enough brain to use properly punt that doesnt mean there is some kinda imbalance issue.
Afaik, Mara already received small buffs couple patches ago, and i seriously dont think that a class who performes greatly in all aspects of the game is in great need for any tweeks atm.

If u r unhappy with how Mara perform, then nothing stops u to play other class. Tbh i would not expect post like this from player like u, but i guess everything is possible.

Cheers.
So ranged dps can tank a mdps, chose target he like, and hit ? no need kite ?

Xergon

Post#36 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:59 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:55 pm
Xergon wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:24 pm
Spoiler:

Cheers.
So ranged dps can tank a mdps, chose target he like, and hit ? no need kite ?
Or dies 2 times like on linked video.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Moonbiter

Post#37 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:59 pm

I've 77 mara and 78 choppa. All full invader.
Got the comparison on a dummy chosen.

I'm not a pro, so I've
Mara Sav+Brut is the best result of 17.3 sec.
Choppa solo build full armorpen max WS got 19.5 sec.

But in orvr duels choppa is much much much more defensive due its maxed parry and health regen.

It's my exp only. Fyi.

So, I think mara has a lack of defensive and normal offensive capabilities. Mara is goo vs. choppa

wildwindblows

Post#38 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:20 am

Moonbiter wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:59 pm I've 77 mara and 78 choppa. All full invader.

I'm not a pro, so I've

But in orvr duels choppa is much much much more defensive due its maxed parry and health regen.

It's my exp only. Fyi.

So, I think mara has a lack of defensive and normal offensive capabilities. Mara is goo vs. choppa
My results are varying between 12.5 to 25 sec for sav/brut mara. But choppa is overall good compare to marauder for damage wise I believe. Also mara's parry is really low so you are right, choppa might be more defensive.

Ads
jughurta

Post#39 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:31 am

wildwindblows wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:20 am
Moonbiter wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:59 pm I've 77 mara and 78 choppa. All full invader.

I'm not a pro, so I've

It's my exp only. Fyi.

My results are varying between 12.5 to 25 sec for sav/brut mara. But choppa is overall good compare to marauder for damage wise I believe. Also mara's parry is really low so you are right, choppa might be more defensive.
Mara have no penalities armor , resist ...

25s what ?????? explain , 25 with sav/brut is a joke

Mergrim

Post#40 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:19 am

I'm not a pro, so I've

It's my exp only. Fyi.

This is most funny post so far:D i give you a free tip, use monstro and your survi will be 10xchoppa:D
Problem with low parry on mara is overpowered tactic like 50% ignore, so they dont need ws.