Recent Topics

Ads

Hotfix 21/08/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Morf

Re: Hotfix 21/08/16

Post#41 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:51 pm

While its more then annoying for the players who lost there renown it was pretty obvious this would happen.
The first few days of siege weapons being implemented and players figuring out it was fast and easy renown me and the ppl i hang with said multiple times we would not be surprised if renown was rolled back.

Personally i think it would be good to just cap rr at 50 for now even if that means not seeing purple numbers and i say this as someone who really wants rr60 on my main char for the renown skills it will give me.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
Azarael

Post#42 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:56 pm

The aim was to slow renown to avoid people wasting effort into a cap.

inb4 "but now we waste effort into wipes", I know someone will post it if I don't

Danielle

Post#43 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Azarael wrote:The aim was to slow renown to avoid people wasting effort into a cap.

inb4 "but now we waste effort into wipes", I know someone will post it if I don't
Thanks for being honest. Keeping the renown down can help to keep the game more open at t4. Can we expect future slow downs to 60. 70 etc if people are gaining renown too fast? What do you envision as the dates when having such renown is legitimate? I do not want to waste time into character is they are later going to be wiped I could be getting another one to the 'limit' so this information would be very helpful.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Dresden
Banned

Post#44 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:34 pm

I never cared for lusting after renown, gotta say.

I just see it as a practicality to be taken care of, you get it when you get it.

But then i have no interest in gank parties, i'm all about dat zerg... :D
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Gachimuchi

Post#45 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:28 pm

this thread is BabyRage
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Azarael

Post#46 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Danielle wrote:
Azarael wrote:The aim was to slow renown to avoid people wasting effort into a cap.

Thanks for being honest. Keeping the renown down can help to keep the game more open at t4. Can we expect future slow downs to 60. 70 etc if people are gaining renown too fast? What do you envision as the dates when having such renown is legitimate? I do not want to waste time into character is they are later going to be wiped I could be getting another one to the 'limit' so this information would be very helpful.
Not what I meant. I'm talking about the justification for using a 25% renown gain rate rather than setting a cap at 50. You're correct that the wipe is partly a delayed adjustment for the ridiculousness of pre-fix siege renown gain, spurred on by the revelation that there was still a method of gaining RR from siege and that it was in use. I would likely have left it alone had this issue not resurfaced.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#47 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:12 pm

For the record, I do not have any toon in the 50's. My highest is rr45.

I never cared that people were making more rr because on siege. So while I personally did not lose anything, I still feel that blocking rr/inf for siege is wrong for multiple reasons.
- Killing with siege is RvR. I do not care what anyone says about it not being legit. Like they know what legit RvR is to begin with. Most of the people crying about siege ride around in the LEET premades ganking solo lowbies. Or their LEET Guild Warbands chasing down solo players. That is their so called legit RvR! So basically there is not a section of RvR where you have no rewards.

- Siege is a boon to taking and defending keeps. AND!!!! It is supposed to be a major part of the reworked RvR system the devs are working on. Who is going to give up making RR to use this important part of the game, to make this new system work? The lame LEET premades? The Guild warbands? Pfffttttt.... NOT!

Punishing the entire community because some people use siege to make their renown is counter productive. You are basically deciding what methods of killing count and what does not. So...

If a solo player is killed by a grp of 3 or more .... no rr for the grp. Because gang banging a solo player with a so called LEET premade is BULL.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

peterthepan3

Post#48 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:31 pm

It's simple, really: staying in a safe location, spamming mouse click 1 and one-shotting people who can't see you, and raking in tons of kills which grant you xp/rr/inf does not involve any skill whatsoever - nor is there any 'risk vs reward' mechanic.

Ads
Lindisfarne

Post#49 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:35 pm

When will people learn.. Investing a huge amount of time into grinding anything at this point is just worthless. People endlessly farming gold, and renown, you should expect that it could be wiped at any moment. Play the game and have fun, if fun for you is endlessly grinding then dont get upset when something like this happens.
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

Telen
Suspended

Post#50 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:06 am

If you arent having fun and you feel youre grinding rr. Take a break. I've never cared about getting caught in the rollbacks as I only play when I want to play.