Failing at a WE, send help!

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
tlitschye

Re: Failing at a WE, send help!

Post#41 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:36 pm

Staying alive in Groupplay is actually quite simple, use your detaunt in the right moment and hope for your tank and healers.
use Confusing movements as morale 1 and slot the disrupt elixir, then you also need CW 1x and RD 1x, then you should be fine.
Stagger the enemies main dps und jump away.

Ads
vouzou

Post#42 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:15 pm

You start the most difficult and funny class of the game.
In order to muster the WE you need as said pick up your fights, leave guarder players use potition very good. Thats something you will learn with game time.
Now as for spec the best spec worked for me back onlive was
waronlinebuilder.org - Witch Elf build

or

depending on what you like to play.
For me the 1st spec was the assasination spec just pop out of sealth KD PA EoIp AW HRT(it does more dmg with wounds debuff) and most of them where dead.
You need offcourse a ton of crit so get anything that can help you.
Max you RR with crit.
The rest depends on your playstyle either CW or AD or dodge/parry.
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

Krima

Post#43 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:24 pm

vouzou wrote:You start the most difficult and funny class of the game.
In order to muster the WE you need as said pick up your fights, leave guarder players use potition very good. Thats something you will learn with game time.

or

For me the 1st spec was the assasination spec just pop out of sealth KD PA EoIp AW HRT(it does more dmg with wounds debuff) and most of them where dead.
Max you RR with crit.
IMHO
Pop out of stealh

1-EOIP (you want your very first AA to ignore 50% armor also)
2-PA
3-Heart Seeker
4-Puncture (the wounds debuff on hrt its applied after dmg, so no difference here..unless target pops 2 health pots back to max health) puncture + EOIP hits really hard since you specced all the way to masterfull treachery.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

vouzou

Post#44 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:02 am

Krima wrote:
vouzou wrote:You start the most difficult and funny class of the game.

or

Max you RR with crit.
IMHO
Pop out of stealh

1-EOIP (you want your very first AA to ignore 50% armor also)
2-PA
3-Heart Seeker
4-Puncture (the wounds debuff on hrt its applied after dmg, so no difference here..unless target pops 2 health pots back to max health) puncture + EOIP hits really hard since you specced all the way to masterfull treachery.
You are right i forgot about HRT is different here.
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

hedmaned

Post#45 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:21 am

Drudge wrote:A good WE is terrifying, i remember on live there was this savage WE dont remember his name. But if you died in an SC you were basically stuck in your spawn till some other people died to come back you up. As soon as you walked out the gate BAM dead, didnt matter who you were. You cant move cause you kill your self, you just sit there and blow all your oh **** skills and die anyway.

Dude was always top kills and renwon too, so it wasnt just me getting stomped on. Even if we won the SC he was still on the top lol
It was a long time ago, but it is good to be remembered.

freshour
Banned

Post#46 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi there! I am not a WE nor do I play one or have any intention on doing so. But I believe there are several pretty good ones posting on here so I want to ask a specific question.

What spec/playstyle would you run with a DD DoK (full up time heal debuff) if you had a guard in a 6 man SC/RVR group?

Tried to work in a WE in our 6 man, she is a great player but obviously it is not her main but I was curious what setup the vets would run in situation where you don't really need to only pop from stealth for burst and can more or less be set free to slay slay slay. I really think the WE burst + DoK sustain is awesome if you can do it right.

If you reply to this please tag me so I see the notification, thank you.

Jaycub

Post#47 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:21 am

freshour wrote:Hi there! I am not a WE nor do I play one or have any intention on doing so. But I believe there are several pretty good ones posting on here so I want to ask a specific question.

What spec/playstyle would you run with a DD DoK (full up time heal debuff) if you had a guard in a 6 man SC/RVR group?

Tried to work in a WE in our 6 man, she is a great player but obviously it is not her main but I was curious what setup the vets would run in situation where you don't really need to only pop from stealth for burst and can more or less be set free to slay slay slay. I really think the WE burst + DoK sustain is awesome if you can do it right.

Melee trains are difficult to run at the moment, especially ones without mara/WL.

Stealth would actually be paramount to play in a DPSDoK/WE group, because it would be one of the primary ways you get to a target. You would stealth then stagger a target to give time for your train to make it there, and the short cooldown allows for a follow up stun within 10 seconds or so? Good players aren't just going to stand still and let your melee train come to them.

To make up for loss of DPS, you would need to run BO+BG, and they would need to be doing combined at least 33% of the total groups damage which is easily doable even in full defensive gear with the right spec, even with sub 500 str. The BG would also have to be very good at punting targets back to you guys when it can. Good use of champions challenge is key as well for lockdown. BO armor debuff off the bat is necessary, then the BG can follow up with a 100 hatred armor debuff when he has resource for it.

Need a zealot, besides OP blessing and increasing DPS DoK healing output, it also brings very powerful m1 (claw) which you are going to need for extra DPS, and the zealot player is going to have to be very on point with staggers, both for locking down someone so your train can get to them, and staggering healers during a burn on someone else. Zealot can also run stackable armor debuff tactic (and corp for skullthumper/witch brew), though it requires them to be 40ft range to use.

DPS DoK groups are great in that they are extremely tanky with the extra healing and strong front line, but get kited to hell. WE wouldn't be my 1st choice obviously mara is much better. But with really good players on BG/WE/Z it can work I think.

Problem with melee trains in general is that you have to be 5ft from the target to deal damage (Duh). But the problems really show themselves when say a group can just keep punting the WE/DoK away and then your lethal pressure is gone. Absolute abuse of FM M2 and things like CW/RD by RDPS means that they can just lolrunaway from your damage if they are ever caught. That's really why we move to 3-2-1 groups, because even if say a BW pops m2 and runs away... we still have SH+Sorc and 2 mara debuffs on him dealing damage as he runs out of range of mara+tank dps. In a melee train all your DPS is lost if they get out of 5ft range. And 3-2-1 can have constant pressure on anyone within 100ft at all times, isn't as concerned about snares and punts etc...
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

freshour
Banned

Post#48 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:58 am

Jaycub wrote:
Spoiler:
freshour wrote:Hi there! I am not a WE nor do I play one or have any intention on doing so. But I believe there are several pretty good ones posting on here so I want to ask a specific question.

Melee trains are difficult to run at the moment, especially ones without mara/WL.

Stealth would actually be paramount to play in a DPSDoK/WE group, because it would be one of the primary ways you get to a target. You would stealth then stagger a target to give time for your train to make it there, and the short cooldown allows for a follow up stun within 10 seconds or so? Good players aren't just going to stand still and let your melee train come to them.

To make up for loss of DPS, you would need to run BO+BG, and they would need to be doing combined at least 33% of the total groups damage which is easily doable even in full defensive gear with the right spec, even with sub 500 str. The BG would also have to be very good at punting targets back to you guys when it can. Good use of champions challenge is key as well for lockdown. BO armor debuff off the bat is necessary, then the BG can follow up with a 100 hatred armor debuff when he has resource for it.

Need a zealot, besides OP blessing and increasing DPS DoK healing output, it also brings very powerful m1 (claw) which you are going to need for extra DPS, and the zealot player is going to have to be very on point with staggers, both for locking down someone so your train can get to them, and staggering healers during a burn on someone else. Zealot can also run stackable armor debuff tactic (and corp for skullthumper/witch brew), though it requires them to be 40ft range to use.

DPS DoK groups are great in that they are extremely tanky with the extra healing and strong front line, but get kited to hell. WE wouldn't be my 1st choice obviously mara is much better. But with really good players on BG/WE/Z it can work I think.

Problem with melee trains in general is that you have to be 5ft from the target to deal damage (Duh). But the problems really show themselves when say a group can just keep punting the WE/DoK away and then your lethal pressure is gone. Absolute abuse of FM M2 and things like CW/RD by RDPS means that they can just lolrunaway from your damage if they are ever caught. That's really why we move to 3-2-1 groups, because even if say a BW pops m2 and runs away... we still have SH+Sorc and 2 mara debuffs on him dealing damage as he runs out of range of mara+tank dps. In a melee train all your DPS is lost if they get out of 5ft range. And 3-2-1 can have constant pressure on anyone within 100ft at all times, isn't as concerned about snares and punts etc...
Thanks for the input! Yeah we mostly Q SC's between RVR encounters so while I agree the kiting is super real in RVR a lot of the time, in SC's I swear I've had some amazing DoK/WE combos but good WE's are few and far between as far as knowing when to go in an when to peel off. But thank you thank you, I'll make sure to get our WE-to be - to read that :D.

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#49 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:52 am

Anti kite spec waronlinebuilder.org - Witch Elf build

If you are playing with a melee Dok, you have no need for a WB spec and the PA specs hit way harder anyways.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Nidwin

Post#50 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:24 am

It depends of AW or not AW.

In this kind of group setup I'll go full glass canon with max critt, max str and Swift Movement tactic for AW spam with all time 5 bloodlusts up for the critt. But that's just me and not everyone is going to be comfortable with this stuff.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]