Recent Topics

Ads

Total lack of WH versatility

Let's talk about... everything else
Sofong

Re: Total lack of WH versatility

Post#41 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:02 pm

and wh have 3-4 viable builds, typical rb/bal, sod/bal, ew/ptf for 6man and the self heal dragon gun abso spam build, it lacks abit wb wide support for sure, but the class meant to be solo hunter and it perform that just fine.

Ads
Jastojan

Post#42 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:06 pm

Gurf wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:37 pm One of the main problems you are seeing is that Shaman are ridiculously OP in small scale 1v1, and the lakes are full on them because of this. Shaman should fear WH in the lakes but they don't, which is a big failure of the general gameplay as it takes away one of the main roles of WH from the game, which is to patrol the lakes, pick of stragglers, kill box runners etc. You can be sure AM and any other Solo class (except tanks) on Order side look out for WE popping on them and generally stand a good chance of being killed. So if the Dev's finally get round to balancing Shaman somehow and bring WH up to the level of WE then you will see WH role in lakes being more important. It doesn't do much for Warband play but at least they generally have an important role.
I can imagine WH as healer (healers only!) "ANTIdetaunter" for the grp mates this could bring much more fun to the game (cities especially) :-) this is just an imagination, but who knows?

ZEDE

Post#43 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Jastojan wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:53 pm
Sundowner wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:39 am
Gurf wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:32 am Most good WB will take 1 WH into City. So you need to be one of the best WH to get that spot.
that only shows that WHs need a bit of tuning to make them viable.
I absolutely agree with you guys. I am destro player but I know what you feel. From my point of view as a destro player - I play zealot heal, sorc, and rSH mostly - I can tell that WH really needs some kind of buffs. I really can imagine how frustrating is you do not have place in proper WB and your only chance to get into the city is solo or if you have top eq and top skill, MAYBE then you can get your place in WB. Same problem as it is with rSH (maybe small scale and city is not so bad right now). But back to WH, I think WH should be able to kill ANY healer if you let him to do it! If your healer in grp is focused by WH and the party does NOT care about their healer, average WH should be able to kill him - even on my sorc I can laugh on some not very skilled witch hunters. And sorc should be the n1 victim for WH.

I do not have some suggestions because I do not play WH or WE, WH is my enemy only. But playing against WH is less and less chalenging.
When it comes to WB play. What about some new spells like - 1) selfbuff for 5 sec. duration and 20sec.CD - your enemy target cant detaunt you and all your group members for 5 sec.
or 2) selfbuff for 5 sec. duration and 20sec.CD - you and all of your group members can not be detaunted for 5 sec., or 3) selfbuff for 10 sec. duration and 30 sec.CD - you and all of your group members in 30 ft range from you can not be detaunted for 10 sec.´

This is just an example. But I think WH should be able to do more in the battlefield.
Thank you for your testimony.
it's very honest from you and i think everyone can benefit from it.
What you say is so true: attacking (alone) a destro healer in wb, guard / buffer / suppoter, it's useless and we feel it well.
Even if the goal is reached, the wh will die quickly ... very quickly, because it will have to give everything on its burst (and for burster long enough it must use almost all these survival CDs)

Sofong

Post#44 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:11 pm

check out these wh videos posted on the forum, victims in them r not nonamers.
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/foru ... #p43156809

Cobra81

Post#45 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:12 pm

ZEDE wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:16 am We have become useless in Wb, in city ( the almost absence of AOE has a lot to do with it), and we are more and more useless in oRvR ...
If we want to survive in oRvR we have to specialize in a "mixed" way and we have to focus too much on the defensive aspect of our characters, in consequence we lose a lot of dps ...
On the contrary if we are going towards full dsp we have no survivability, just the ability to kill a poor isolated character and .. die quickly.
Our ability to cs / disrup / burst / snare / dot etc did not evolve at the same rate as the targets in the opposing faction (so I am not talking about nerfing the others, let's be clear).
Our tools are useless, lack of duration or persistence, speed, strength ... in short, we lack everything!
In constant obligation to be under all possible types of buff, potions of strength / resistance / endurance / double heal pot / crit
To be kited by a shaman heal for 5 minutes without endangering him for a moment ... To be kited by a dps shaman and not have the possibility of countering / cs / disrup / snare more than once in 30 sec. is useless, we are dead in 20 sec!

The situation becomes really unpleasant to live and to play.

Will you react to this situation?

A redesign and a revamp of the WH is it in the planning?

Are you just going to remove the WH from the game?
(since in a short time no one will be playing it).

tired ...
cordially .
I agree with this and also these OP shamans, thats the reason why you see so many of them.

I run Solo with my WH and played him this weekend from Lv20 to 22. With Lv21 I had 1 highlight, i was able to kill a lv35 Marauder + Lv40 adding Sorc. At this level i don´t expect much in O-RvR and had overall fun.

Later i made a fresh WE, ran a few scens and it was much easier. I was Lv7, more or less starting gear, no stealth and no healreduce and brought a Lv15 WP (1h + book) down to 15%. I don´t fear any Order class because i know they can´t kite like a shamy, feels squishier and overall easier to kill.

This "Kisses" mechanic is far more powerful than these "Bullets of...." mechanic.
Kisses needs only hit,hit,hit,hit the target and this 25% proc rate is ticking many times, also bloodlust is only for finishers.
WH on the other hand can only use his "Bullets of" and procs with Accusations, 1 is enough but you lose alot of dmg for the proc. Accus is also needed for your finishers and you have to decide "use 1 accu for proc" or "wait for 5 accu and dmg burst."

The main difference between WH and WE is, that a WH has rely on his stealth attacks while a WE, thx to the 25% proc on hit mechanic, can run to a target and beat the sh..t out him/her. A WB, especially in City, can´t wait 30s before you can go into stealth again and prefer to take a WL/Slayer into this spot.

WH isnt bad, but WE has the clear advantage with her kisses, that can proc at any dmg even throwing daggers, compared to bullets use with accus.

Edit: WH-Snapshots don´t proc bullets but WE-Throw daggers does proc kisses.
Last edited by Cobra81 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ZEDE

Post#46 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Sofong wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:11 pm check out these wh videos posted on the forum, victims in them r not nonamers.
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/foru ... #p43156809
Everyone knows the trick, you do hours and hours of soloing, you often lose and you choose the best songs or you win ....
Thank you again, always so relevant ...

billyk

Post#47 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:26 pm

Cobra81 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:12 pm I don´t fear any Order class because i know they can´t kite like a shamy, feels squishier and overall easier to kill.
Destro has in-built dmg mitigation. Get a friend on Destro, meet somewhere, let him strip naked and attack him. Now check the combat log, about 1/3 dmg is mitigated even naked. Tried it with Sorc and BO, same thing. That's why Order feels squishier.

CeeJay89

Post#48 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:30 pm

billyk wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:26 pm
Cobra81 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:12 pm I don´t fear any Order class because i know they can´t kite like a shamy, feels squishier and overall easier to kill.
Destro has in-built dmg mitigation. Get a friend on Destro, meet somewhere, let him strip naked and attack him. Now check the combat log, about 1/3 dmg is mitigated even naked. Tried it with Sorc and BO, same thing. That's why Order feels squishier.
Uhhh, screenshots with stats? Are you factoring in innate toughness? Not sure I believe that.

Ads
billyk

Post#49 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:32 pm

CeeJay89 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:30 pm Uhhh, screenshots with stats? Are you factoring in innate toughness? Not sure I believe that.
Why would I make screens, did that ever change anything? If you don't believe it, try it yourself. I know BO and Sorc have dmg mitigation for sure, didn't try it with others but I don't see why they shouldn't.

in b4 ban

Krima

Post#50 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:37 pm

Cobra81 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:12 pm
ZEDE wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:16 am We have become useless in Wb, in city ( the almost absence of AOE has a lot to do with it), and we are more and more useless in oRvR ...
If we want to survive in oRvR we have to specialize in a "mixed" way and we have to focus too much on the defensive aspect of our characters, in consequence we lose a lot of dps ...
On the contrary if we are going towards full dsp we have no survivability, just the ability to kill a poor isolated character and .. die quickly.
Our ability to cs / disrup / burst / snare / dot etc did not evolve at the same rate as the targets in the opposing faction (so I am not talking about nerfing the others, let's be clear).
Our tools are useless, lack of duration or persistence, speed, strength ... in short, we lack everything!
In constant obligation to be under all possible types of buff, potions of strength / resistance / endurance / double heal pot / crit
To be kited by a shaman heal for 5 minutes without endangering him for a moment ... To be kited by a dps shaman and not have the possibility of countering / cs / disrup / snare more than once in 30 sec. is useless, we are dead in 20 sec!

The situation becomes really unpleasant to live and to play.

Will you react to this situation?

A redesign and a revamp of the WH is it in the planning?

Are you just going to remove the WH from the game?
(since in a short time no one will be playing it).

tired ...
cordially .
I agree with this and also these OP shamans, thats the reason why you see so many of them.

I run Solo with my WH and played him this weekend from Lv20 to 22. With Lv21 I had 1 highlight, i was able to kill a lv35 Marauder + Lv40 adding Sorc. At this level i don´t expect much in O-RvR and had overall fun.

Later i made a fresh WE, ran a few scens and it was much easier. I was Lv7, more or less starting gear, no stealth and no healreduce and brought a Lv15 WP (1h + book) down to 15%. I don´t fear any Order class because i know they can´t kite like a shamy, feels squishier and overall easier to kill.

This "Kisses" mechanic is far more powerful than these "Bullets of...." mechanic.
Kisses needs only hit,hit,hit,hit the target and this 25% proc rate is ticking many times, also bloodlust is only for finishers.
WH on the other hand can only use his "Bullets of" and procs with Accusations, 1 is enough but you lose alot of dmg for the proc. Accus is also needed for your finishers and you have to decide "use 1 accu for proc" or "wait for 5 accu and dmg burst."

The main difference between WH and WE is, that a WH has rely on his stealth attacks while a WE, thx to the 25% proc on hit mechanic, can run to a target and beat the sh..t out him/her. wrong A WB, especially in City, can´t wait 30s before you can go into stealth again and prefer to take a WL/Slayer into this spot. false again, WE/WH have the same problems geting into a WB for cities. Its not kissed mech that diffier both. pls

WH isnt bad, but WE has the clear advantage with her kisses, that can proc at any dmg even throwing daggers, compared to bullets use with accus.

Edit: WH-Snapshots don´t proc bullets but WE-Throw daggers does proc kisses.
Even if they add kisses to WH mech, Would it change anything ? With bullets WHs are more bursty and thats something WHs need for ranked, 6v6, 12v12s.

I play both classes and I enjoy the bullets on the WH. Having the ability to control when to fire it off its something else.
Lets just stop trying to mirror the 2 classes. They have their own unique stuff.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek: