Game Changes!

Let's talk about... everything else
rejndjer
Suspended

Re: Game Changes!

Post#41 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:09 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:46 pm
rejndjer wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:00 am

why don't you roll an engie and make a recording of what happens when u pull someone. how much damage will you do to them. :D

oh. but choppa can pull AND deal dmg :) while engie is just a pull-bot and that's it.
What is more efficient to feed your aoe group with targets to hit? Single pull channel, which can be interrupted or aoe pull with snare on top?
Dealing damage every 2 sec aoe is hardly good, it's actually a dps loss for the pull period.
The engi is playing support role in this case, as he goes high on defenses with rather low ballistic to proc pierced defenses more often.

And once more, as long as both sides are still in the game, choppa pull does hardly anything.
If dps or healer gets pulled, tanks are supposed to guard them.
Melees are being pulled right where they are supposed to be as order has higher aoe dmg potential, so bomb them with your own dps.

If individual players try to run away, e.g. after a wipe or solo players with bad positioning, then pull becomes useful to catch them. In this case one could arge that fight is lost anyway.
i wasn't talking about the fact that choppa pull skill does dmg, but about the fact that after he pulls someone he can do dmg. engie pulls and he can't do **** after that.

about aoe vs one-by-one difference. there are still a lot of instances where this is too strong of a skill to give to top destro mdps, like in sieges, or even in orvr depending on terrain fight is taking. it probably has to do with the fact that skill is kinda bugged, unless devs intended it to pull people through walls, to disregard range etc.

Ads
Morradin

Post#42 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:03 am

Dajciekrwi wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:38 am
Morradin wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:43 am
drbaker wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:00 pm You missed the most important change, mirror or rework rampage. Why one realm has the ability to decimate a tank line while the other does not, doesn't make sense.
Because Destro can destroy a tank line with choppa pull and destroy it that way. Rampage is fine. QUIT crying over one toy that Order has when destro has a 100 toys.
Dont blame Destro for bad & cowardly behaviour of Order tanks!! They all just standing in one place and do nothing, chikens! Where are offensive fighters? If Tanks have any cojones, they should use choppa pull as a great offensive tool to attack, but they all are cowards :D :D
I kiil so any engineers just becoause they pull me their spot :D
OOoo big brave destro tank... ooOOOoo

Guess you have not picked up on the fact that Order is more def and Destro more off stat heavy yet? Yeah, you can do what you do on destro because you have the tools to do so. Order tanks do not have the same tools as destro. An order tank to be really functional is def oriented.

And my month old kitten can kill an engi with a dirty look. And here you go being all billy bad a** talking how you kill them. hehehehe

RORquest

Post#43 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:50 am

rejndjer wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:00 am
Sulorie wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:40 pm
rejndjer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:47 am ofc you can kill engie when engie cant deal dmg. lmao.
Why wouldn't they deal damage? It just doesn't help, when engi pulls melees towards himself and nobody is in range to kill the pulled players.
why don't you roll an engie and make a recording of what happens when u pull someone. how much damage will you do to them. :D

oh. but choppa can pull AND deal dmg :) while engie is just a pull-bot and that's it.
uhh what ? engie can pull and still go high in the grenadier path
pull>self-destruct>napalm>acidbomb>shells might be a lil hard for some but the choice is there :geek:

RORquest

Post#44 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:58 am

also about gtdc not sure if it was a true thing or not but back 1 or 2 yrs ago supposedly.

gtdc while target is airborne all defensive are remove so it guarantee deaths for dps and almost death for tanks since there's no block/parry/dodge and this affects Guard dmg as well. devs dont really give full info on things so just rumors/salt.

Evilspinnre
Banned

Post#45 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:04 am

Morradin wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:03 am And my month old kitten can kill an engi with a dirty look.
Sounds like a player issue.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Detangler

Post#46 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:18 am

RORquest wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:58 am also about gtdc not sure if it was a true thing or not but back 1 or 2 yrs ago supposedly.

gtdc while target is airborne all defensive are remove so it guarantee deaths for dps and almost death for tanks since there's no block/parry/dodge and this affects Guard dmg as well. devs dont really give full info on things so just rumors/salt.
1. No, being airborne does not stop all defenses. I specifically targeted a SM today as he was flying and had him block my ranged attack.

2. No tank dies in a half second, which is the flight time of GtdC. Stop overexaggerating.

3. Imagine not being able to block/parry your guard damage or any attacks from a DPS class. Think about that real hard and how much it completely negates all the gear and renown you worked so hard for only for it to be gone because of 1 cheese ability....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

RORquest

Post#47 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:35 am

Detangler wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:18 am
RORquest wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:58 am also about gtdc not sure if it was a true thing or not but back 1 or 2 yrs ago supposedly.

1. No, being airborne does not stop all defenses. I specifically targeted a SM today as he was flying and had him block my ranged attack.

2. No tank dies in a half second, which is the flight time of GtdC. Stop overexaggerating.

3. Imagine not being able to block/parry your guard damage or any attacks from a DPS class. Think about that real hard and how much it completely negates all the gear and renown you worked so hard for only for it to be gone because of 1 cheese ability....
i said 1 or 2 years ago jesus do you just come to argue with people ? spergs out without fully reading peoples post lmao anyways ur block annoying af

Sulorie

Post#48 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:41 am

RORquest wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:35 am

i said 1 or 2 years ago jesus do you just come to argue with people ? spergs out without fully reading peoples post lmao anyways ur block annoying af
How a skill behaved some years ago is relevant to this discussion?
Dying is no option.

Ads
RORquest

Post#49 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:12 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:41 am
RORquest wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:35 am

How a skill behaved some years ago is relevant to this discussion?
hidden nerf/fix to gtdc

Sulorie

Post#50 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:45 am

RORquest wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:12 am
hidden nerf/fix to gtdc
Yeah most likely it was bugged but don't you think balanced discussion in the current state is already complex/controversial enough to refrain from bringing old stuff in? :)
Dying is no option.