Recent Topics

Ads

Changelog 12th March

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
taccr

Re: Changelog 12th March

Post#51 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:58 am

Torquemadra wrote:Its a "scenario" not a mosh pit, there are no guards there outside of spawn where they should always be otherwise location based aoe squads could kill spawners over and over. You dont have to push into them.
Did you even play the scenario? You a.) don't have to respawn b.) you can spawn and go backwards.
Feel free to move the guards further into the spawn but currently they killing people in the fighting area.
Those mechanics do not belong into 6v6 scenarios.
Kimy - KotBS/Chosen of Orz
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#52 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:05 am

Y'all realize there is lots of room to fight without guard aggro right?
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

taccr

Post#53 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:11 am

The SC itself is cool, it's the people that are causing this and refuse to fight outside guard range.
Sure we can stay at the flag and afk to victory but nobody really wants that.

Put your balls on the table or don't queue for a designed 6v6 scenario.

If you look at the guard range please consider punts aswell.
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

Aisha

Post#54 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:17 am

Torquemadra wrote:I have to almost be inside the guards to aggro them.....

proly in that side but we were fighting in the right side and we get insta aggro =S

taccr

Post#55 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:19 am

You put your backline close to that hill and they are untouchable from melee. Really no rocket science here.
Then there's punts and super punts.
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

taccr

Post#56 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:29 am

Fair enough.
No point for me to queue this sc then. Looks like we have a different mentality when it comes to 6v6 scs.
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

noisestorm

Post#57 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:44 am

Torquemadra wrote:
taccr wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:Its a "scenario" not a mosh pit, there are no guards there outside of spawn where they should always be otherwise location based aoe squads could kill spawners over and over. You dont have to push into them.
Did you even play the scenario? You a.) don't have to respawn b.) you can spawn and go backwards.
Feel free to move the guards further into the spawn but currently they killing people in the fighting area.
Those mechanics do not belong into 6v6 scenarios.
You a) do have to respawn in scenarios if you want to continue to play the game and b) you dont have to their spawn.

I will have a look at their agro range

The problem Torq: Portals to leave SCs do not work (group cleaning sometimes neither) and No, i will definitely let noone force me to respawn if/because i see no reason to fight/feed. Before getting farmed in some SC i rather AFK, or recall out with book. But having me bug-out other players UI, or possibly the groups itself is fine with you then i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The real difference when I do not agree to AFKing is when you have an actual chance to score legit points and have a somewhat (even if it may be unequal in skill/numbers) real chance to get a bunch of kills. This is not given if a good 6v6 premade stomps some other party. Or are you going to enforce the winning team to always go 100% for the objectives too? If they do not care for their points and rather camp a WC should the hell I be forced to respawn then? I think not.

Jaycub

Post#58 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:29 am

taccr wrote:Fair enough.
No point for me to queue this sc then. Looks like we have a different mentality when it comes to 6v6 scs.
I'm sure we will get a DM 6v6 SC as well, but the same problem is going to occur. Disparity between 6 mans is pretty huge. Take for instance your fixed roster 6 man (guild 6 man that plays together on a regular basis with the same people) against 6 friends maybe filled in with pugs for roles they didn't have. They are just gonna get smashed.

Even in a SC like MT you will be humping guards after the 1st wipe most likely.

6v6 scenarios should have their point system retooled to expedite winning so 1 sided washes end sooner and don't turn into a guard camp. But also take into account certain "cheese" like say for instance MT just turns into a race to see who gets the part then it's just a stalemate with no deaths and the side that got the part 1st won. But on the flipside people shouldn't be mad for losing say a 6v6 Reikland factory to "PvE" because you shouldn't be deathballing in that situation and giving up points undefended etc...

The thing I personally hope for the most from the devs is choices when it comes to 6v6's (competitive) scenarios. Some people really like the tactics that can come from playing in a capture point / objective based scenarios, while others just want to go all out 6v6 without distractions. Having choices is what we need.
Spoiler:
Reikland factory is literally the perfect objective based 6v6 map fampai
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#59 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:56 am

Jaycub wrote:
taccr wrote:Fair enough.
I'm sure we will get a DM 6v6 SC as well, but the same problem is going to occur. Disparity between 6 mans is pretty huge. Take for instance your fixed roster 6 man (guild 6 man that plays together on a regular basis with the same people) against 6 friends maybe filled in with pugs for roles they didn't have. They are just gonna get smashed.

Even in a SC like MT you will be humping guards after the 1st wipe most likely.

6v6 scenarios should have their point system retooled to expedite winning so 1 sided washes end sooner and don't turn into a guard camp. But also take into account certain "cheese" like say for instance MT just turns into a race to see who gets the part then it's just a stalemate with no deaths and the side that got the part 1st won. But on the flipside people shouldn't be mad for losing say a 6v6 Reikland factory to "PvE" because you shouldn't be deathballing in that situation and giving up points undefended etc...

The thing I personally hope for the most from the devs is choices when it comes to 6v6's (competitive) scenarios. Some people really like the tactics that can come from playing in a capture point / objective based scenarios, while others just want to go all out 6v6 without distractions. Having choices is what we need.
Spoiler:
Reikland factory is literally the perfect objective based 6v6 map fampai
I'm not saying you're wrong, probably the contrary, but this merry-go-round of people wanting to 6v6 and then realizing that 6mans are filled with unsportsmanlike assholes that are impossible to design around is kind of tiring.

1. "Give us 6v6! Bring back EC!"
2. "Okay, EC will be the 6v6 only SC"
3. "Wait, EC sucks! You can punt people! No RDPS! Do CW!"
4. Okay, here's CW."
5. "CW sucks, you can just hide inside your own guards, or get punted into theirs! I don't want to have to hold an objective, give us something else."

We could make a 6v6 no respawn, no guards, deathmatch. Might need control over the client to do that. But I'm sure someone else would find a way to break it, and at this point, its a question of when we'll find the time, becaise other things are becoming more important.

CW meets all the requirements the community gave us up until now, it's got minimal objectives, and that objective makes the match go by faster of one side is getting stomped. It's got plenty of room to maneuver.

Jaycub

Post#60 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:08 am

Plenty of people are happy with what you have done with just adding 6v6 CW, myself included. It gives an easy outlet to possibly fight other 6mans, at the very least if a rival guild is queing up on the other side and we feel like it would be a good fight all we have to do now is tell them to que up for CW against us.

It isn't perfect, but it really is the 1st step forward imo and even if you guys don't have time right now to flesh it out I am glad you at least did this.

Fixing or rather creating something that EA/Mythic never thought was a priority in the game isn't going to be easy but if you guys pull it off you will have made the game that much better for it for people that want structured/competitive PvP in this game.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>