Recent Topics

Ads

chosen kotbs aura idea

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Aquilon

Re: chosen kotbs aura idea

Post#51 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:33 am

Azarael, you mean more, than I told. :roll:

It all doesn't matter now. If devs, someday, will somehow address balance issue I will be hugely surprised and glad, because "swamp" has to be "shaken" in any way.

Just don't say, that "fixing" auras will solve everything at once. :lol:
Means determine end.

Ads
Azarael

Post#52 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 am

I never said that fixing auras would solve anything. I've been away from Warhammer for far too long to make any real statements on what is overpowered or underpowered or balanced, apart from the flaws that are obvious - which is why I'm mostly staying out of the aura change debate. I merely offer my perspective as someone who is quite involved with game balancing elsewhere, when the subject does come to how the process of game balance should be undertaken, and community management of such. :)

Aquilon

Post#53 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:46 am

Azarael wrote:I never said that fixing auras would solve anything
Sorry, mate, that was a general remark for everyone. ;)
Means determine end.

Azarael

Post#54 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:01 am

All good. :)

Tesq

Post#55 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 am

Telen wrote:
Tesq wrote:WALL OF TEXT
Im not talking about a nerf to Chosen. As I see it the Tanks as an archetype are fine. There is disparity within them and SM/BO are an inferior class. None of the classes though overperforms the way a wp/dok or a slayer does within their archetype though.

Dont get me wrong I dont think the game needs balance we all know which classes are good and which are ****.
this is not totaly correct , bo/BG are not so behind chosen viceversa SM and IB are totaly not on line with kobs

destru tank are more balanced within their realm, while order best stuff are all on kobs.

SM/ IB ---> need buff and adjustment
BO/BG---> some adjustment ( most are cc and stats stack related)
chosen---->need 2-3 skill mirror and 1/2 skill nerf
kobs----> need a ton of nerf, fix, class mirroring from other classes

this is what realisticaly we can argument about, it's not like im pusing for destru tank buff as you see the destru tank are those that require less work.
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scedion

Post#56 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:37 am

At the moment they should work on fixing the tanks skills and abilities rather than nerfing or buffing them, they're not game breaking and are still defeatable after all so after they're fixed then we would compare they're skills and discuss how we should balance them but at the moment some classes (You can guess the ones I am talking about) have a massive advantage over their counterparts/other classes and I think they should be balanced at the moment we cant achieve perfect balance especially on a game like this that has so many variables, everyone has different views on balancing so we cant achieve a perfect 50/50 balance unless classes are completely mirrored but we can get close like 53/47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY Some very epic glorious gameplay of warhammer online on the original servers

Bozzax

Post#57 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Azarael wrote:
Aquilon wrote:Whom first? Obviously elfs. :P The High Ones. :D
Lastly, it is true that PERFECT balance cannot be achieved.
Hey if SMs can't achieve PERFECT balance what is the point in playing them?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

herrmarek

Post#58 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:19 pm

If you change chosen/kotbs auras to permanent, i guarantee to all, that i start to play the chosen one - first time after almost 4 years i owned this game! ;)

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#59 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:27 pm

Azarael wrote:By your own statement, the game needs balancing, unless you disagree that balancing produces a superior game by increasing the number of viable choices and allowing everyone to select the class they WANT to play without having to worry that it sucks.
I think the official game needed balance. Balance was one of the reasons it lost all it subs and was pretty much on maintenance mode for the last 3 years. This server though will only ever have a handful of players and they all will be happy to play the game the way it was. Start nerfing classes loved and played for 4 years as op and they will likely stop playing for the nostalgia. The game is never going to be what it was again and never have new player to replace old. Balance is good for live games but for emulated dead games I think it might just drive players away.

Nostalgia is the only thing that will keep player when games like CU come out. That includes the nostalgia of being op for some. From the first moment I stepped off that Dark Elf boat onto the beach with my original BG every memory in game is what keeps people playing not class balance.
Last edited by Telen on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azarael

Post#60 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:31 pm

I already addressed the "people will stop playing if they're nerfed" argument, and I don't advocate doing anything with the game balance until we reach the endgame anyway (PTS changes excepted). If at that point we have a greater population, the balance should be addressed.

Nobody's entitled to the nostalgia of being OP. They're entitled to enjoy the game, just as those of us who want to play certain UP classes are entitled to enjoy the game by being viable. -_-