Ads

Changelog 17/11/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Culdu

Re: Changelog 17/11/16

Post#51 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Melee healing

The basical plan of it is, that you can heal while hitting, that recomended you to go to melee range and offers the enemy some other and more possibilities to reduce/stop your healing compared to cast healers.
These disadvantages went with the pros that you don't have a casttime, ignore healdebuffs and have a overall bit higher output(when not only targeting tanks).
Biggest problem with the healing were the gaps coz of kicks, snares, root, distance to next target. These Problems you have solved enabling to cast usefull heals via the willpower buff.
The complete neckbreaker of that is the melee hits being undefendable. I read the argument, that a casters heal allways goes off when he hits the key. All big heals have casttime, due to that a healer has to work for the future. Also these heals can be rupted. Melees don't have casttime, which allows you to even sometimes miss a hit due to wrong posi wrong target.
I played a lot melee healer, as secondary healer in premades and in random scs. Problems was the defense, which is now adjusted due to detaunt(hopefully changed to buff) and the gaps, which is adressed by having usefull castheals now. This is exactlly what was missing so perfect job. But, u spiced it with undefendable competly breaking it. Now mass adjusting is done to anyway make this undefendable work. I also had some problems with melee heal at the start of t4, due to ~500 str which lead to a lot of parry, now with 700 thing are different. But that a melee healer can't socket full def shouldn't be a con ... rather a pro.

Put it back to first experimental, half dmg, double heal, and remove undefendable. At least give it a try befor digging deeper and deeper in changes trying anyhow to get that undefendable thing running

Greetings Starilas

Ads
Azarael

Post#52 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:36 pm

I mentioned the issue of dropping undefendable, and that's because of Guard. RIght now, them being undefendable allows them to be consistent even with Guard around. If that is removed, Guard will halve the lifesteal value in most cases, because they defend their Guard omnidirectionally, ignoring any strikethrough, and against zero Strength.

Telen
Suspended

Post#53 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:40 pm

zak68 wrote:
Ashoris wrote:first of all i have to mention that i played a WP on live and was really disappointed as they introduced the Reg on book/chalice.
so why mythic did that ?
Well originally none of the healers were meant to have a pure heal spec. You were going to have to dps. You can see this in the old spec trees where dps abilities were in what became pure heal trees. Balance essence and lifetaps off Zealots Harbinger for example.

It was just too much of a step away from the trinity that players were used to at the time. So they redid the trees and gave healers pure heal specs. Part of that was giving higher regen on heal offhands.

Personally I found the change to appease wow players a shame as it gave war a unique role system.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#54 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Telen wrote:It was just too much of a step away from the trinity that players were used to at the time. So they redid the trees and gave healers pure heal specs. Part of that was giving higher regen on offhands.

Personally I found the change to appease wow players a shame as it gave war a unique role system.
No, it was not because the players complained, it was because it simply didnt work.

WAR on release was a heavily frontloaded game, a lot of work was done for the lower tiers and they worked quite well frankly, t4 and late game was something they thought they could tackle later on.

So many things didnt work at t4 that a lot of work done to the classes were simple bandaids to make them more or less function so they could have time to fix other things and people didnt have to level up another class from scratch, books/chalices are one of them.

Its entirely Mythic/EA fault, not the community.

Culdu

Post#55 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:52 pm

The baseheal on radiance/transfer balances out a part of that, but true, using divine assault/rend soul on a guarded target heals a crap, my solution to that was normaly to use it on the tank instead of the guarded one;-), or anything else around. In addition the vitality/devotion healer now can cast a heal, so if there is no usefull thing to hit around swap to 1-2 casts while getting to something more juicy.
As said above this mode looks soo interesting in offering potentials to play the char in cast/melee mix, with just that one op thing to be removed and switched the detaunt ;-).

Greetings Starilas
Last edited by Culdu on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chaoself

Post#56 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:37 pm

Azarael wrote:
Chaoself wrote:What about +50rr Zeals/RP's - Ams/Shamans being backline healers? Or I'm the only who knows that RP can easily have +4k armor, -10% armor pen or Zeal can use to have about the double of DoK armor right now,etc,etc.?No penalties for em?
What about them? Please don't try to hide your purist / traditionalist viewpoint behind something like this, those healers are meant to backline and are not OP, whereas DoK/WP have "front line healer" in the goddamn description as posted above, and that you would bring AM/Shaman into this is just desperation - you and I know full well AM and Shaman have no place in your beloved 1.4.8 meta.

Really, you should stop. You blew your cover when you posted the Changehammer thread, and everything you post will be viewed as traditionalism. Perhaps one of the "99%" of other people who apparently want a total replica of 1.4.8 will post instead.
Whatever, RP and Zeal are not OP then. And you should chill a bit when none is disrespecting you because this is not an attack to you or your server. It's being kinda boring to see how you treat like trash the people that doesn't agrees with you or your staff.
Last edited by Chaoself on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natherul
Developer

Post#57 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:42 pm

@Chaoself imagine it from a devs standpoint, getting assaulted verbally with each and every change you do (and in most cases even by people who did not even understand or try the change).

Either way this is highly offtopic. Lets stay relevant to the changelog in the thread.

cemen

Post#58 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:43 pm

I've been noticing that the changes allow my healing wp/dok to be literally unkillable inside of a group..

Perhaps it will just take time for people to adjust to the changes... but the ability to have an undefendable lifetap when you;re otherwise cut off from healing is probably overly powerful.. just my $.02.
Pouncepouncepouncepouncepounce

Ads
Chaoself

Post#59 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:44 pm

I know Natherul, and as I said plenty of times: I respect a lot this Project. Players/Testers should be respected too.

cemen

Post#60 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
cemen wrote:I've been noticing that the changes allow my healing wp/dok to be literally unkillable inside of a group..

Perhaps it will just take time for people to adjust to the changes... but the ability to have an undefendable lifetap when you;re otherwise cut off from healing is probably overly powerful.. just my $.02.
and keep lords were "unkillable" until people finally realised that trying to just run in to beast down the lord while ignoring the defenders was an exceptionally poor choice, now the first port of call is to kill the players and then take down the lord and rarely fails.

Note undefendable doesnt mean unmitigatable, tweaks are more than likely and are to be expected but as you noted an adjustment period is needed. From a MDPS perspective Im finding DPS doks easier to drop but vitality ones unkillable solo (not that the game is balanced for 1v1) because it has moved from a class with a huge array of counters to one with relatively few. Rest assured, Azarael isnt building a new way of super OP classes head and shoulders above the rest, things need to be tested and tweaked accordingly.
I get that and I like the changes for the most part. Time will tell, and honestly I don't think the majority of players would be able to pull some of the things that certain players do. So, there is that aspect I suppose.

All in all though... great changes imo...

This coming from a rr100 heal dok from live.. lol
Pouncepouncepouncepouncepounce