if everything was mirrored people would still cry

98% of grievances are l2p issues

Ads
zij83

Re: Call to the development team

Post#52 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:47 pm

Seravajan wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:17 am
Gurf wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:11 am
Seravajan wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 am On Destru side I notice the lack of rDPS in scenarios. Most SH are going mSH because this is stronger. Magus and Sorcerers are subpar versions of the order versions. There are so few magus and sorcs around. My level 26 engie feels more complete than my level 35 sorc. The BW has more utility (ex: 3 sec kd or a self cleanse) and self sustain than a sorc.
Destru needs a buff in all three rDPS classes.
Magus is better than Engi as Engi needs to stack 2 stats to be effective, while Magus only needs Int.
How it comes that many engies are still dealing more damage than a magus?
Shhhh, there is a narrative that engies are bad you're supposed to be pushing on these forums.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#53 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:29 pm

Mnemon wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:27 pm I do wonder why the dev team hasn't tackled the 'kind of mirror classes but not really' aspect of this game. I understand it would be a huge undertaking, but this is already a huge undertaking.

I'd have to say the lack of balance between Destro and Order classes is the biggest issue still left over from live. I'd say about half or more of the posts in this thread would be answered if career abilities were the same at lvl 40 regardless of faction.
We have directly stated that we prefer classes being less mirrored where possible. The only reason mirrored abilities exist is because they're just sometimes really basic stuff that archtypes are dependent on. Any kind of CC would be something to look at as widely mirrored.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Twick

Post#54 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:01 pm

I don't think you can find any game where you can freely just express yourself with whatever build in whatever situation.

Something will always be meta. You can't use a solo build in a group play and expect it to perform the best cause you're being selfish and wanna solo/roam.

I mean destro has some of THE best solo/roaming classes out there but I guess killing everything 1v1 isn't okay, you gotta have your build work for everything?

I don't get it. Honestly I'm see more rSH, dmg healers, 2h tanks, and WEs in ganking parties more than anything else.

Get destro to put on proper builds and be semi organized and you guys will win orvr and forts, pretty sure destro still have the edge in winrates on cities.

Seravajan

Post#55 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Twick wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:01 pm I don't get it. Honestly I'm see more rSH, dmg healers, 2h tanks, and WEs in ganking parties more than anything else.

Get destro to put on proper builds and be semi organized and you guys will win orvr and forts, pretty sure destro still have the edge in winrates on cities.
Are you sure that they are rSH? Most SH spec the melee way because the ranged way is subpar. The WE (even being considered the worst class in the game) is in a better situation. The class works well with some smaller issues.
What needs to get some serious buff is the sorcerer. He is only a watered-down version of the BW and even lacks in the self sustain/defenses/utility area, while the BW has all this at his fingertip. In the higher level areas I see rarely any sorcs around.

Kurama

Post#56 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:55 pm

With all the rKDs order has and still complaining about run away? LOL
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Twick

Post#57 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:12 pm

Seravajan wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:16 pm
Twick wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:01 pm I don't get it. Honestly I'm see more rSH, dmg healers, 2h tanks, and WEs in ganking parties more than anything else.

Are you sure that they are rSH? Most SH spec the melee way because the ranged way is subpar. The WE (even being considered the worst class in the game) is in a better situation. The class works well with some smaller issues.
What needs to get some serious buff is the sorcerer. He is only a watered-down version of the BW and even lacks in the self sustain/defenses/utility area, while the BW has all this at his fingertip. In the higher level areas I see rarely any sorcs around.
Very sure, meni ranged SH nut hugging their dps shammies while trying to gank. And who wouldn't want to go mSH you get like 6k armor while being an aoe melee dps. You guys have entire parties roaming while only like 1 wb or 2 defends a keep. You need to get people to play with the band instead of being a solo artist.

Again I've never seen so many rSH, dmg healers and DoKs, 2h tanks, and WEs on destro.

I honestly believe Order would lose a lot more often if destro just slapped on the right builds and were semi organized.

Charon

Post#58 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:26 pm

Twick wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:12 pm
Seravajan wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Very sure, meni ranged SH nut hugging their dps shammies while trying to gank. And who wouldn't want to go mSH you get like 6k armor while being an aoe melee dps. You guys have entire parties roaming while only like 1 wb or 2 defends a keep. You need to get people to play with the band instead of being a solo artist.

Again I've never seen so many rSH, dmg healers and DoKs, 2h tanks, and WEs on destro.

I honestly believe Order would lose a lot more often if destro just slapped on the right builds and were semi organized.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: (can you pls copy paste this here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=41918..i want to see flames from desies forum warriors ;)

And about rsh
Dear desies ..do you realy think that possibile buff to range build will not afect/nerf other aspects of this class. Look how old SW players asses changes to their class... Be careful what you wish for.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Ads
Rekoom

Post#59 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:01 am

Charon wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:26 pm
Twick wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:12 pm
Seravajan wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:16 pm Are you sure that they are rSH? Most SH spec the melee way because the ranged way is subpar. The WE (even being considered the worst class in the game) is in a better situation. The class works well with some smaller issues.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: (can you pls copy paste this here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=41918..i want to see flames from desies forum warriors ;)

And about rsh
Dear desies ..do you realy think that possibile buff to range build will not afect/nerf other aspects of this class. Look how old SW players asses changes to their class... Be careful what you wish for.
You can stop parroting other posters now.

rSH needs a buff because Destro needs an equivalent to BHA damage which is completely absent atm.

Regarding people playing in small groups yes, it's true and I don't think anyone is blind to that fact. Perhaps it is a result of not being able to push forts rather than a cause though? Why suffer pushing zones for 0 gains when you can have some fun in the lakes and farm more renown killing Order players trying to get to their keep for that sweet defense bag roll.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Kloaner

Post#60 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:10 am

Xergon wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:12 pm
its the same issue with all the AM/Shammans whine, they have very well performing DPS spec so pretty sure 60% if not more of them play DPS only and solo or in group with other DPS AM/Sham just to be more cancer. Thats not what game class design system is about, its 3 archetype system in which u want to use all the mechanics and synergies behind those classes. Just because u want to be solo pepega roamer player u should never expect or demand any kind balance in class system that this game has.
apart from the fact that the shaman performs well (too well? --> not enough downsides in dps mode while solo --> looking at sorc) as a solo roamer. One reason that so many play him on damage is also because he is the last pick in as a healer (same as AM) and that for years (since 2008?). That they build groups... yeah it's cancer but it makes no difference if 5 WE/WH or 5 Shamans/AM kill me and never should be a reason for any changes.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK