Why y'all hating on healers?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Why y'all hating on healers?

Post#61 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Penril wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:03 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:50 am
zaauk wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:42 am 1 healer
2 healer
3 healer
4 dps
5 tank
6 dps
7 tank
8 dps
9 healer
10 dps

Looks balaced to me.
Stop this, it is too much context and facts!
Eh, not really. It is just a screenshot. I remember when people used to make fun of those who used SC screenshots to "prove" something, are those days gone now?
A sc screenshot doesn't tell about the circumstances said numbers were achieved.

OP made a bold statement, that healers are shafted and only dps get all the rewards. He was proven wrong and you can assume, that those healers were not dps spec.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Urdeg

Post#62 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:13 pm

@peterthepan3

For sure! I didn't pick IronBreaker for their stunning DPS but for the utility and buffs it brings the warband. We've seen real numbers posted in this thread that prove healers can top renown charts and earn plenty of rewards, what incentive are you guys talking about for playing your archetype? Sounds like theres plenty
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Penril

Post#63 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:14 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:10 pm
A sc screenshot doesn't tell about the circumstances said numbers were achieved.

OP made a bold statement, that healers are shafted and only dps get all the rewards. He was proven wrong and you can assume, that those healers were not dps spec.
If what is being said is true, you can also assume they just let eveyone die and focused on rezzing to get max contribution. Like you said: a screenshot won't tell you the circumstances under which said numbers were achieved.

Sulorie

Post#64 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:20 pm

Penril wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:14 pm

If what is being said is true, you can also assume they just let eveyone die and focused on rezzing to get max contribution. Like you said: a screenshot won't tell you the circumstances under which said numbers were achieved.
I know what you mean but I consider this being a myth. I made 2nd place without excessive reviving. Well, it's just one case and we can't extrapolate it. :)
Dying is no option.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#65 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:07 pm

You can put all the screens you want but anyone who plays all archetypes will easily tell you that getting max contribution in a tank or a dps that can dish aoe at will is infinitely easier than on a healer.

But its not like we will ever actualyl discuss any matter regarding the game without you lot going "YOU WANT FREE STUFF RIGHT?", so why waste our time anyway.

Urdeg

Post#66 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:07 pm

bloodi wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:07 pm You can put all the screens you want but anyone who plays all archetypes will easily tell you that getting max contribution in a tank or a dps that can dish aoe at will is infinitely easier than on a healer.

But its not like we will ever actualyl discuss any matter regarding the game without you lot going "YOU WANT FREE STUFF RIGHT?", so why waste our time anyway.
Now that sounds like somebody completely ignoring evidence because its inconvenient to the beliefs that they'd prefer to be true. I'll flip the tables, prove your point. We've seen that healers, multiple healers at once top the chart so can you show me some evidence of the disparity between you and other roles? Does your evidedence have facts to counter the spreadsheet and screenshots posted earlier or are you convinced of a placebo effect with no hard numbers behind it?
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

bloodi
Suspended

Post#67 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:13 pm

Urdeg wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:07 pmNow that sounds like somebody completely ignoring evidence because its inconvenient to the beliefs that they'd prefer to be true. I'll flip the tables, prove your point. We've seen that healers, multiple healers at once top the chart so can you show me some evidence of the disparity between you and other roles? Does your evidedence have facts to counter the spreadsheet and screenshots posted earlier or are you convinced of a placebo effect with no hard numbers behind it?
First of all, random screenshots are not "evidence". Second, there isnt a single spreadsheet posted here that relates to contribution, is simply a recount of hwat classes are above rr80 so i dont even know why are you bringing it up.

But to the point, is a simple matter of opportunity and how contribution works, a tank is able to get contribution even when the enemy doesnt fight you, shower for a while in the oil while takn breaks the door and get on the lord room and bam, 10k r and a decent contribution. Dps? You will need things to hit, which is harder to find than npcs and someone eager enough to plan an oil but its doable, if you are ST go kill some people on the posterns, if you are aoe try to break a funnel, you may get it.

A healer? Well, if your team is not dieing or getting attacked, you wont get anything, period. I dont need to post a random screens with a few healers to "prove" it, simply playing all archetypes, which i sadly do, will show you that and is simply because how contribution works, if there is no one to rez and your team is already being topped up, you will get very low contribs while tnaks and dps can still trive in those enviroments.

I will go on much more locks between bags on my healers than my other 5 characters due to this very simple thing, there is not contribution to get if you are not able to rez people and heal them because well, they are not getting damaged.

Urdeg

Post#68 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:37 pm

Your tanks are getting contribution for getting hit by oil and you're getting none for healing them back up or what? Any other healers feel like you've got nothing to do while other classes are busy?
Last edited by Urdeg on Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Twyxx

Post#69 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:39 pm

It took me a long time to get conq at first. After playing a bit more consistently on my DoK though I had no trouble gearing up.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#70 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:56 pm

Urdeg wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:37 pm Your tanks are getting contribution for getting hit by oil and you're getting none for healing them back up or what? Any other healers feel like you've got nothing to do while other classes are busy?
My tanks may not be in my group at alll, thats the whole point of it. On top of it, classes like wp/dok have aoe hots and reduced aoe cast times, meaning they can top any group constantly leaving very few "room" for others to heal at all.

So spare me the "well why arent you the healer topping all tanks then uh?". I think i been pretty clear why there is an issue and what causes it and why people like OP say what they say, even if they say it pretty poorly.