Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: [Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Post#61 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:06 pm

Lower pull immunity means even more frequent pulls or other CC in encounters smaller than mass rvr. No good idea IMO.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#62 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:24 pm

I'd say, leave it, as it was on life...

If it aint broken, don't fix it.

Lately i feel like we are even more going into kind of mirroring some classes.
I can bring you some examples (dont blame me for that but i feel like destro got more love here :lol: )

1. Witchelf got 50% Autoattack, same as WH already has... what does WH got from witch?
2. SH get pounce... WL get nerfed to the groud, why not give him movement speed tactic or autodentaunt
:lol:.... yep here i'm kidding but you get my point don't you?
3. Crit tactic Kotbs/SW got nerfed... any destro party tactics too?

I mean the SH and SW got a huge charge, and a so called blink... that is awesome! it is new, it isnt mirrored, just cool.

But back to the topic... Just don't give choppa something huge like ID, cuz with choppa AA buff for party, that gonna hurt.. :P

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#63 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:08 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:06 pm Lower pull immunity means even more frequent pulls or other CC in encounters smaller than mass rvr. No good idea IMO.
More frequent only if you don’t parry / block it and if you’re alone , cause the pull is random so you have low chances to be pulled twice. Not sure it’s more frequent , actually it’s 100% chance to pull
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

CountTalabecland

Post#64 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:25 pm

Spoiler:
Ysaran wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:51 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:11 pm
Spoiler:
Tesq wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:27 pm

Appart pull is random, it does not always pull immidiately. It can also be parry.
But , just survive 2 gcd is that hard? Spec more det for solo....and some self heal and bring aswell kd, punt etc?

May aswell add who cares for 1vs1 ?????
It cannot be parried... Its like Rampage but with a pull. If destro thinks rampage is op idk how they can validate an unavoidable pull. You can punt, sever, detaunt, or kd a rampaging slayer and he will have a hard time closing the gap. Choppa can get you if you ever come within 45 feet. Also for the record I play 2h choppa and slayer both but I main order.
With Rampage every Slayer ability is undefendable. Why bother you so much that Choppa have one undefendable ability when ALL the Slayer ability are basically undefendable?
The difference being that the Slayer actually has to reach you while rampage is up. Slayer is super easy to kite. Choppa undefendable pull means any kite class within 45 feet is dead. Additionally, rampage requires rage build, pull does not.

Undefendable 360 pull > than undefendable melee attacks with 5ft range that only matters against other melee. Ever finally reach a shaman/AM only to have server lag say your melee snare is out of range and now you’re dead because charge ran out? Fun stuff.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

TenTonHammer

Post#65 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:45 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:24 pm I'd say, leave it, as it was on life...

If it aint broken, don't fix it.

Lately i feel like we are even more going into kind of mirroring some classes.
I can bring you some examples (dont blame me for that but i feel like destro got more love here :lol: )

1. Witchelf got 50% Autoattack, same as WH already has... what does WH got from witch?
2. SH get pounce... WL get nerfed to the groud, why not give him movement speed tactic or autodentaunt
:lol:.... yep here i'm kidding but you get my point don't you?
3. Crit tactic Kotbs/SW got nerfed... any destro party tactics too?

I mean the SH and SW got a huge charge, and a so called blink... that is awesome! it is new, it isnt mirrored, just cool.

But back to the topic... Just don't give choppa something huge like ID, cuz with choppa AA buff for party, that gonna hurt.. :P
I’ll give you the WE one but it was “compensation” for a nerf to one of WEs major dps tactics the crit chance per bloodlust one iirc

So yeah WL got nerfed to the ground because torq couldn’t balance for **** and guardian WL was utterly pants on the head retarded broken even now WL is still messed up because of the changes he made to pet stat scaling

Destro party tactics? Do you not remember how they massacred my boy 2H chosen? Removing crippling strikes for no reason and in turn killing all the viability of the spec while “compensating” us with discount runefang yet 2H chosen still outputs less dps than 2H BO or BG and rending blade which has no use now that it’s no longer ment to spread CS is still only 25 feet

What does group AA haste have to do with ID? You know the reason ID was so deadly was because it could do AoE and slayers could pop rampage to ignore block parry chances to mitigate damage

oaliaen

Post#66 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:03 pm

My god...ONLY the first target ( and unique ) is 100%. Total Random if in a crowd.

Sulorie

Post#67 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Grunbag wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:08 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:06 pm Lower pull immunity means even more frequent pulls or other CC in encounters smaller than mass rvr. No good idea IMO.
More frequent only if you don’t parry / block it and if you’re alone , cause the pull is random so you have low chances to be pulled twice. Not sure it’s more frequent , actually it’s 100% chance to pull
Yeah, this means is messes up small scale balance for no reason. If anything, pull should cause longer immunity, as it's a cheap kill delivery skill for any melee train.
Dying is no option.

normanis

Post#68 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:21 pm

replace rampage with aoe pull, only in 13 points.
id should give more party something - like next 5 sec all party are icreased iniative by 70 ( same for choppa not ap restore exhaustion byt also increase party iniative by 70)
byt in my opinion i dont know how destro get parry cap ( its mistical fo me) byt destro got 2 abilities like channel block maby rampage is counter those high caps . my black orc block rating can have 40 while my sm have smaller 26. my chosen always have 50parry (its tactic) + suspension (25% parry) for 10 sec? bg can have ease 30parry just with hate + 10 block with hate . order side what i have heard is sm on live got 100% parry i dont know what they do it to reach it. also sm parry is few sec vs chosen . ib in my head comes with highest block on order side. kobs need hit enemy and sm have 3 sec parry + tactic ( similar to black orc) vs destro where tactics doo job for u. ( chosen tactic on block increase parry 25% its op in my eyes) so deftard chosen can have 75% parry - i whant to mention that now u can parry guard damage also. and at begin of game ( i dont know if its changed) devs buffed parry - degrees how its work not just from front but litle from sides also. it was 5 years ago
so if remove rampage destro side tanks have upper hand vs order.
byt again its only my point of view
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#69 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:28 pm

I really don’t think that immunity timers or defense checks are gonna work as sulorie pointed out a lower immunity timer will mess with small scale and a long one will basically kill the appeal of the ability for a large majority of choppas who have become reliant on it for rvr

I still feel that the best option is a replacement buff like ability that affects wrecka tree only abilities

Aethilmar

Post#70 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:48 pm

As a somewhat frequent victim of it, I will say it is annoying. However, I'm okay with it in general as it adds flavor to the game and I enjoy each side having different abilities.

The only change I would make is to have the pull respect defenses i.e. you can parry/block it. Not a fan of undefendable skills in general but that just may be my tank bias showing. :)