Changelog 08/08/2016

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dresden
Banned

Re: Changelog 08/08/2016

Post#71 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:52 pm

bloodi wrote:
Penril wrote:Actually, i think fun should be the most important metric for balancing a videogame. We play to have fun, after all, right?
Yeah, thats why when you get out of your night doing premades in scs and go into a conversation about the problems in the current sc system, you dont go and say "hey guys stop discussing about the problems and focus on having fun!"

We are discussing the problems because well, you know, they have an impact in the amount of fun we have, when you tell me to try to have fun because i am talking about the issues on the current system, i cannot help but think that you dont seem to get where the issues come from at all.

You know, tell me where its the fun of having to idle on scs because the opposition refuses to cap, people just afks, since, no rewards from kills means trying to scrape 100 points by kills is pointless and the enemy rathers farms us and then sends some idiot to do the objective job when there is 2 minutes left.
There is so much to say/discuss about how things are currently with the killing element and how it affects Scenarios.

1. Killing for money - X

2. Killing for points - X

3. The change in the dynamic of/attraction to Scenarios due to 1./2.
Last edited by Dresden on Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#72 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Penril wrote: But yeah, let's just focus on the part where I said i still had fun in spite of the current system being what it is. "he had fun! therefore, he thinks everything is fine!!!".

Moron.
Well, the focus is in it because its also the part where you tell everyone to forget about the rewards and make it about the fun.

We can talk a lot about how great people we are, how much of a elevated human beign we have become thanks to leaving behind the material desires and ascending to a new level of humanity where there shiny metals of the earth are nothing compared to the brigthness of the stars.

Or we could get the stick out of asses and acknowledge that rewards are an integral part of a lot of people fun and for most, time is the most precious thing and they dont want to spend hours doing something and getting no rewards from it.

In one, we high five each other and in the other we actually try to make the game better for everyone.

Dresden
Banned

Post#73 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:19 pm

bloodi wrote:
Penril wrote: But yeah, let's just focus on the part where I said i still had fun in spite of the current system being what it is. "he had fun! therefore, he thinks everything is fine!!!".

Moron.
Well, the focus is in it because its also the part where you tell everyone to forget about the rewards and make it about the fun.

We can talk a lot about how great people we are, how much of a elevated human beign we have become thanks to leaving behind the material desires and ascending to a new level of humanity where there shiny metals of the earth are nothing compared to the brigthness of the stars.

Or we could get the stick out of asses and acknowledge that rewards are an integral part of a lot of people fun and for most, time is the most precious thing and they dont want to spend hours doing something and getting no rewards from it.

In one, we high five each other and in the other we actually try to make the game better for everyone.
Hey just grind emblems and when you're eventually done with that you'll be able to focus on RvR more, accept it.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Zegota

Post#74 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:14 am

Is that buff in Logrin's Forge really needed? 30s dmg buff for the whole dominating side is a bit too much.

Azarael

Post#75 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:56 am

Both High Pass Cemetery and Logrin's Forge apparently conferred a buff. I'm aware the wrong one is used in Logrin's Forge and I have the right ID for it, but I don't know the correct values.

Ossos
Banned

Post#76 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:20 pm

innovation and creativity continues as planned :)

Ossos
Banned

Post#77 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:28 pm

about 2 years ago I tried to convince a friend to relive the good times of WaR without success , "he told me that the memories were good , liked to keep them" ;p

Dresden
Banned

Post#78 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:32 pm

Ossos wrote:about 2 years ago I tried to convince a friend to relive the good times of WaR without success , "he told me that the memories were good , liked to keep them" ;p
:D :cry:

Ads
Ossos
Banned

Post#79 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:27 pm

the question is can we be the nostalrious of WaR, or is this another private server to lvl GM´s alts

RyanMakara

Post#80 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Ossos wrote:the question is can we be the nostalrious of WaR, or is this another private server to lvl GM´s alts
We're the only private server for now. Basically, we can do whatever we want. Yet, we keep the server open for 1400 other people to help us play-test this massive project that has been practically rewritten from scratch over the past two years. Take that, or leave it.