Sciberr

Re: Patch Notes 21/07/2023

Post#71 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:24 am

are these rings even worth it they dont even seem better than genesis :P

Ads
Detangler

Post#72 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:14 am

Not so sure its worth getting worked up over these rings. Its easy gold selling the drops in the AH, though. :)

All in all the stat bonuses dont seem much better than genesis. LotD jewelry is about the same as genesis, just different stats. This one seems about the same when taking genesis set bonuses into account.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Phantasm

Post#73 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:35 am

Skullgrin wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:59 pm Not only does the ring not give you event credit, it also vaporizes any standard talisman when you log out. Say goodbye to the +23 Wounds talisman i figured I'd use instead of the fancy ones...
I found same today morning, i made a bugtracker for it.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/20985

Scottx125

Post#74 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:45 pm

There are specific classes that these rings are amazing for. E.G 2H tanks for the extra parry. Or MDPS/RDPS for the extra WS and arm pen. For most tanks and healers standard genesis is better/on par.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#75 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:25 pm

is there a guide to building the cheapest ring possible for someone who just wants to complete this stupid event to get the cloak?

Nameless

Post#76 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:46 pm

There are rings with armor so I would say they are better than genesis for backline healers. For wp/dok is more questionable but still 320 armor is quite a thing.
If there were not armor on them then it is so-so for healers, but with current melee meta are close, if not bis
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Scottx125

Post#77 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:26 pm

Nameless wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:46 pm There are rings with armor so I would say they are better than genesis for backline healers. For wp/dok is more questionable but still 320 armor is quite a thing.
If there were not armor on them then it is so-so for healers, but with current melee meta are close, if not bis
Sure, but you lose your resists + initiative and wounds. At most it's only an extra 7% armour. Most dps can chop through 50% armour no problem. Some even 75% or ignore it entirely.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Skullgrin

Post#78 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:11 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:26 pm
Nameless wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:46 pm There are rings with armor so I would say they are better than genesis for backline healers. For wp/dok is more questionable but still 320 armor is quite a thing.
Sure, but you lose your resists + initiative and wounds. At most it's only an extra 7% armour. Most dps can chop through 50% armour no problem. Some even 75% or ignore it entirely.

Armor is also important for some hybrid builds. I want to get at least 2 of the Iron rings just to see if Focused Offense can be made viable again. Four of the rings might work even better, but it's hard to say without having them to play around with.

Of course if it does work, Focused Offense will probably end up nerfed to hell, the same way Crippling Strikes and haste builds were.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#79 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:25 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:45 pm There are specific classes that these rings are amazing for. E.G 2H tanks for the extra parry. Or MDPS/RDPS for the extra WS and arm pen. For most tanks and healers standard genesis is better/on par.
BG can sit on 95% parry with 3 of the 6% parry puppies, get to 700 WS for the last 5% against soft capped str, then you just need to learn how to shatter Rampage :lol:

Gravod make it happen please!

6% heal crit on AM/SHM/RP/ZL is also way better than Genesis. Just DoK/WP don't gain much vs genesis (but then you have new BIS block for SnB).
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Sinisterror

Post#80 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:52 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:11 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:26 pm

Armor is also important for some hybrid builds. I want to get at least 2 of the Iron rings just to see if Focused Offense can be made viable again. Four of the rings might work even better, but it's hard to say without having them to play around with.

Of course if it does work, Focused Offense will probably end up nerfed to hell, the same way Crippling Strikes and haste builds were.
Proc meta and crit meta as well nerfed. RoR has a way of removing options/whole playstyles and giving something no one asked in return. All classes used to have access to 700 Armour proc that stacked with potion. All classes got access to 12% Increased crit dmg/9 Crit. Some even got two, 18%+Crit dmg/9% Crit. Well all got 2 crit dmg increase when DF/WF were added,some individual pieces even had 6-10% Critical dmg increase and others had 15% aa haste. Crit was the best choice because its universal 35-55% of dmg increase without extra modifiers. This is why DF/WF had 25%+crit dmg/10% crit proc on all classes except Tanks. But tanks got like 2 piece - On Hit: 10% chance to reduce the next two heals on the target within 10 seconds by 662. That should be brought back because those were only things that worked on melee heals as well! Shield needs to be removed from Wp/Dok that is too much, i mean block? really? Just like Sh should lose Pounce/ranged KD but gain back their 98ft range etc etc.

Its actually impressive to have SAME Procs from t4 epic quests to Subjugator/Smuggler/Doomsday/NEW CITY WPNS/Fortress So basically 5 set of wpns all having same procs i mean WTF? Old procs in T4 wpns were amazing. Dps Ze/Magus got 10% Chance on hit to increase cast times by 50% for 10 seconds. Disorients should work on melee skills as well and 50% disorient on melee = 0.5s. Rp/Engi got same procs ofc because gatekeeping wpn procs doesnt make any sense. Looking at 4 order classes having access to 25% HD proc and 1 destro. Order also gets on subjugator 360 physical dmg proc and 360 Magical dmg proc, destro doesnt : D It's in the little things!
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz