Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: Changelog 4th June, 2016

Post#81 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Grobbok wrote:
bloodi wrote:
If the only way to implement your system is to left the average joe out, i would say its a big mistake, you can see Orvr lately, zergs may not be great but hell, they are much better than empty orvr with no action.
100% agree
a pity that instead restore us to our favourite game, someone wants to create something new, something poor
This is cute, coming from someone who has repeatedly demonstrated that they don't know how a single thing in their "favorite game" actually worked.

This is your warning. Not a formal warning as in "you've broken the rules," but a personal warning as in, "you are never going to get what you want, so accept that or leave." This server was never going to be WAR as it was. We have made that very clear for years. If you're going to stick around, accept that and learn to give constructive criticism on the direction we are heading, instead of bemoaning that we're not going to do something we have said we will never do. You are welcome to participate in the feedback system, or you are welcome to leave. Continue to shitpost like you have and you will eventually be shown the door.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#82 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Azarael wrote:None of those changes have any relation to future RvR at all.
Yeah but you have seen the consequences of those changes, i am not asking if those changes are related to the future RvR, i am asking you if you think those changes did RvR any good.

You made impossible for most pugs to capture a defended keep and removed rewards all over the place, now RvR is dead for the most part, the other day i saw zones flipping constantly to my surprise and turns out it was just because how you retained keep control after the zone flipped.

That is what happens when you left the average joe out and the crux of all this conversation.

Jaycub

Post#83 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:23 pm

BO's need to have their rewards back, RvR needs to have a vehicle to get it in motion when things are slow or low population because as it stands now if you don't have at least two warbands up there isn't really much point of doing anything in the lakes so people just do scenarios as it's more lucrative.

Even if BO's just awarded say 20kxp and 200inf total you would see players out in the lakes doing something and that could definitely spark RvR. Or making it so there is a multiplier on the BO tick rewards based on the amount of kills made in the surrounding area to encourage people to fight over BO's instead of PvEing them.

At the VERY least BO's need to rewards a significant amount of XP to encourage lowbies in T4 to get out in the lakes and do something, if you want a PvP game then going out and killing boars can't be more efficient than even PvEing BO's imo. At least when people are PvEing BO's it could spark PvP, and putting systems in place that encourage PvP even when there are only say 15/20 people in a given zone can make it even better.

Coming off that last tanget, NA really needs help population wise in T4. Leveling s u c k s bad in t2-3 when there is no PvP going on. I really think it would be worth it to temporarily "scrap" t2-3 and just put in some instant turn in quest for xp from 12-32 that rewards a set of green gear and accessories and like 5g for flying. If the game is in an alpha state I don't see why players should have to suffer live like leveling in an alpha environment.

IDK if the /vg/ guild would be a good comparison because we know how they are, but the amount of completely new players to the game that washed out due to not being "autistic" enough to level up to our tier to play with us was probably over 50%. I think the server is losing a lot of players who hit a brick wall in t2-3, especially in NA/Oceanic. Without a sizable playerbase for those timezones RvR can never be fully tested and you are losing out on valuable feedback etc...
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Grobbok

Post#84 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:00 pm

magicthighs wrote: doing any real work for it
are we here to work? or to have fun from playing?
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Natherul
Developer

Post#85 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Grobbok wrote:
you know what he meant, not putting effort into taking keep should not equal to a lot of reward

EDIT: as in work → 0 != reward

Grobbok

Post#86 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Natherul wrote:
Grobbok wrote:
you know what he meant, not putting effort into taking keep should not equal to a lot of reward

EDIT: as in work → 0 != reward
sorry m8, but there are not empty keeps,
keeps are well guarded, and single man can't take it, so I don't know what you talking about that 'empty' keeps
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Jaycub

Post#87 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Another thing that might help more people get motivated to participate in RvR is to make the jewelry set from purple bags purchasable via medallions even if it is at an outrageous price.

A lot of people are at the point on their characters where the only thing they have for a carrot on a stick in RvR is the jewerly set, but getting a purple bag... let alone not getting dupes etc... is such a nightmarish scenario that it completely turns them off RvR, or at least that's how I feel.

Like it has been stated in similar threads about ruin gear and whatnot, people want tangible progression towards items (token system) on top of a RNG/Lottery system (bags), not just the latter.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Zanilos

Post#88 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:28 pm

Jaycub wrote:Another thing that might help more people get motivated to participate in RvR is to make the jewelry set from purple bags purchasable via medallions even if it is at an outrageous price.

A lot of people are at the point on their characters where the only thing they have for a carrot on a stick in RvR is the jewerly set, but getting a purple bag... let alone not getting dupes etc... is such a nightmarish scenario that it completely turns them off RvR, or at least that's how I feel.

Like it has been stated in similar threads about ruin gear and whatnot, people want tangible progression towards items (token system) on top of a RNG/Lottery system (bags), not just the latter.
Nope, farming meds as a pug is easiest during keep defense. Means people will just camp harder than they do now.

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Post#89 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:15 pm

A suggestion then could be made to reduce the ease at which the defenders can enter the keep. Maybe there could be a change in the way players respawn inside the keep.

In tier 2, a successful keep take relied on preventing the defenders from reaching the keep and making their way inside. Since there were no outer or inner walls it was helpful that defenders could die within the keep area and then spawn inside.

Now in tier 3, we saw the introduction of outer walls and while this helped get defenders inside, the lack of defender rewards at that previous point in the server meant there was a lack of defending and thus not a good example.

In tier 4 however, the rewards for both sides are present, however, as on live people prefer to defend keeps for bags and kills due to functioning siege weapons and defense ticks. Now at this point in the server, it is easy for defenders to reach the keep, because as long as they die in the party quest area of the keep they respawning inside the keep, thus bolstering the defense force.

I thus put forward a suggestion, to increase the success rate of keep flips, and to reduce the number of times realms give up defending the battle field objectives and hunker down in the keep, maybe a change in the way players respawn inside the keep, in which is suggest, testing the removal of defenders respawning within the keep until the outer door is down.

This creates an incentive for small groups who usually have little to do at keep takes to be active and participate rather than que for scenarios. I do acknowledge that now they can also defend battle field objectives to prevent the keep doors respawning along with manning siege weapons so they are effectively used in the proper way.

Opinions both for and against?
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

navis

Post#90 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Once again, bravo! I am particularly impressed with the Keeps in T4, all posterns working, defensive tick, and siege now, too.

anything important in my opinion
- defensive tick at all BO's too please, as holding the BO is clearly necessary and should be encouraged as much as Keeps
- return the quest which award the RvR gear via scenarios - this will combat a lot of players funneling into one zone out of necessity

must be just about time for a new scenario??? :)