Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Draftman

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#91 » Fri May 28, 2021 10:48 pm

Thanks guys for all the hard work and love the game but as an older player with arthritis in both hands NB gave me a chance to compete fairly with other players - please reconsider as i want to keep playing and enjoying the game.

Thank you

Ads
Hugatsaga

Post#92 » Fri May 28, 2021 10:51 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:00 pm
Nerfed Buttons

Nerfed Buttons has been blocked.

The Plan B addon for Sword Masters & Black Orcs will still function.

We have never really liked the idea of an addon automating conditional checks for players. Now it is blocked.
Very good change!
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

cairlaith

Post#93 » Fri May 28, 2021 11:00 pm

Almost 99% of warhammer population used NB but now they are acting like they haven't used it before :))
If nb gives advantages or you call it as kinda cheat then how about Enemy, Buffhead, Daok, Cdown, Effigy (Customized as who needs heal), Healbot? and even worst than these how about xrealming? bunny hopping 3km forward jumpers shs,zealots, doks?
Im ok with nb or without it; This decision didn't make sense to me at all.
Have fun all !

Cornerback

Post#94 » Fri May 28, 2021 11:08 pm

I thought about the NB ban for a while now and I don't like it. I think the impact of NB is heavily overrated. I'm afraid it will just widen the gap and lead to more players leaving the game.

Who is impacted by this change?
If you're a good player, it won't hurt you much. You'll keep on dominating.

If you're a mediocre player, NB helped you close the gap and at least somehow keep up with the better players.

If you're a bad player, NB helped you become mediocre.

What I'm afraid will happen now is that the skill gap widens and the average player will get stomped even more. Not sure this has a positive impact on the game.
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

nebelwerfer

Post#95 » Fri May 28, 2021 11:24 pm

NB is obviously an acceptable evil for the good that it does for certain people, totally worth it imo.

Worst part is, the biggest NB complainers will not be happy for more than a few days, they will find something else to complain about 100%

zulnam

Post#96 » Fri May 28, 2021 11:28 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:07 pm Terrible patch to remove NB.

I lost fingers in Iraq, and NB was the only way to play comfortably.
I'm sorry that you were wounded while invading a sovereign nation. Truly, no one should have to march to war, as there is really no good war or bad peace.

That said, NB getting removed is like the best thing ever for balance. See, while you were using it in the intended manner, many folk (on both sides) used it while also having perfectly normal motor skills. This meant they got a, sometimes staggeringly, unfair advantage against other players who didn't use it.

Now, i think the devs could make this one special change here, busy work and make an impelementation to have certain accounts use NB. People with physical struggles in playing an mmo from that day and age, when they used to have 20+ buttons. It wouldn't be easy, but perhaps modifying the mod to expect a certain key when a user boots it, keys generated by the dev team, who have them, knows who they were given to and can easily spot any leak and plug it (with obligatory bans). Of course these could be handed out to people who can legally or otherwise prove they have a special need.

For the rest of you: better shortcutting and get a proper mouse. If you want recommendations for 15+ buttoned ones let me know (actually not that hard to use).

Kloaner

Post#97 » Fri May 28, 2021 11:35 pm

Cornerback wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:08 pm What I'm afraid will happen now is that the skill gap widens and the average player will get stomped even more.
it won't be that bad. according to the forum 99% of the players use it only to 25% (the useless part of the addon so to speak).
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Cerberias

Post#98 » Sat May 29, 2021 1:10 am

Great change, now all the scrubs will show themselves for the bads they are.

Ads
Omegus

Post#99 » Sat May 29, 2021 1:19 am

Devs, based on the blocking of NerfedButtons can we have some clear guidelines on what addons can and cannot do when it comes to assigning abilities/items to bindable/clickable UI elements? Have addons like CastSequencer (which I believe worked in a dumb mode rather than having conditional checks) been unintentially caught in the crossfire by this change? There's also the issue of addons like MoraleCircle which triggered the 3s GCD (which is now apparently fixed), but what in that addon was deemed prohibited? Finally, if this turns out to be circumventable will this result just fixes being applied or bans?

Fellow forumites: please stop whatever rant you're about to type in reply to these questions - I am just asking for clear guidelines so we all know where we stand. I also enjoy playing about with the addon system (none really realised publicly or even finished) so knowing what I could get banned for is quite important lol.

*I know I'm phrasing that weirdly but that is how the UI works behind the scenes for abilities, usable items, etc.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Akalukz

Post#100 » Sat May 29, 2021 1:20 am

Cornerback wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:08 pm I thought about the NB ban for a while now and I don't like it. I think the impact of NB is heavily overrated. I'm afraid it will just widen the gap and lead to more players leaving the game.

Who is impacted by this change?
If you're a good player, it won't hurt you much. You'll keep on dominating.

If you're a mediocre player, NB helped you close the gap and at least somehow keep up with the better players.

If you're a bad player, NB helped you become mediocre.

What I'm afraid will happen now is that the skill gap widens and the average player will get stomped even more. Not sure this has a positive impact on the game.
tend to agree here, too bad they can't figure out a way to get rid of just the conditionals.
-= Agony =-