Recent Topics

Ads

DE Racial Groups

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
footpatrol2

DE Racial Groups

Post#1 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:55 am

I'll start with just 6 man's. I'm doing this since people think there is no synergy with BG's and DE.

(This isn't completely done, I'll be editing it to complete it.)

6 man AP drain group.

Spec's are not flushed out on purpose to allow for flexibility.

BG malice
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bg; ... :894:895:0:

BG Anguish
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bg; ... :894:895:0:

WE Treachery
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=we; ... :5608:5643:

2 DoK Dark Rites
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=dok ... 983:4984:0:

What does this group have?
1 3 sec knockdown
2 long range punts
1 outgoing heal debuff
Tons of AP drain
10% crit boost AE for 5 sec's every 10 sec's with crimson death. DE's get bonuses on criting.
3 sec silence
Lots and lots more i'm not listing.

how the group works

Run two BG cycle Choking fury. Cycle meaning use choking fury count to 10 call our on comms choking fury down. Other BG uses Choking fury. This keeps the target constantly having choking fury on it.

2 BG (Crushing Anger - 30 AP drain max hatred)
Choking fury (abilities cost 20 additional AP)

1 Sac Dok with horrifying offering tactic sloted. -50 AP on ability use (every 5 sec's it can be used)
Pillage essence - 50 AP on ability use (every 10 sec's it can be used)

1 Treachery WE Kiss of betrayal. 25% chance -20 ap

2 Dark rites Dok's for healing.

Guard Sac DoK
Guard WE

Sac DoK keeps WE defensive target feeds WE AP and strength while healing.
You can use All 3 Covenants with this group. Covenants Tenacity/Vitality at max Covenant Celerity not at max.

Malice BG is Debuffing armor with horrific wound for Sac DoK to hit harder.
Anguish BG doesn't need to be focused healed.

Morale Bomb component:
Web of shadows + 3 universal confusion = 4800 roughly 30ft damage.

Please note:

Thousand eye's M4 used to be 30's so you used to be able to cycle it. Lame that you can't now since people thought Thousand eye's was too powerful in mixed groups so they shortened the duration to 10 sec's.

Brutal Smash on BG used to add a full second to casting now it just adds a will power buff. Lame that they changed it in live. Changed it because people thought BG's should be more like IB's (in my opinion... puke.)

Ads
Gachimuchi

Re: DE Racial Groups

Post#2 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:18 am

ohboyherewegoagain
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Toldavf

Post#3 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:23 am

If you want to increase the ap drain efficency why not run maras instead they will have way more than a witch elves. ;-)
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

footpatrol2

Post#4 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:07 am

The point of the build is not to build the Best AP drain group. The point of the build is to show that BG's have synergy with DE and that DE racial groups are viable. Also semi meaning that Straight up racial groups are viable in competitive play.

If you ever played warhammer fantasy the tabletop in a competitive environment. Racial groups in warhammer online are similar to skew lists. Meaning they do one thing really well but have weaknesses. If you didn't prepare for what they do really well chances are you'll lose. But if you bring the counter to the skew list, the question then becomes did you bring Enough of the counter for it to matter. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Also if your bringing a skew list you know your weaknesses and try to mitigate it.

Racial groups don't really start to shine until the 12 man setting in my opinion. But 6 man still works.

Toldavf

Post#5 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:19 am

It lacks viability though the resilience of a double witch elf group with no ability to buff group resistance is poor especially in orvr.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Razid1987

Post#6 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:34 am

Yes, they have synergy. No one is denying that *facepalm*

What they don't have is the best synergy, and therefore it would be better if it was actually not a DE group, but a group across most, If not all, races of the faction. It seems to me, that you are very desperate trying to prove a point, that makes no sense. Each class has it's pros and cons. And my gaming experience tells me that said pros and cons are spread across most classes, depending on the situation. You're alienating 2/3 of the available choices, just to prove a ridiculous point.

I'm just gonna grab my popcorn, sit back, and enjoy this one.

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:52 am

Basically what razid said

The fact alone that. You don't have resists buff from chosen makes this bad ans it really is something critical you cannot go without

footpatrol2

Post#8 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:49 am

The Resist buff was coming from the dark rites thousand eye's m4 which you could have cycled but now can't because at the time in the mixed group meta, thousand eye's m4 was deemed too OP by the player base and mythic was hemorrhaging subs so they listened to player feedback at the time and hacked up thousand eyes in response.

Ya it super sucks that you'd probably have to wait for your m4 to really get the ball rolling in this DE group or any of the DE groups. But its arguably better then the Aura's due to the armor buff attached to thousand eye's.

Why would you want to wait till your M4 to get your resists buff going? Why not just take a chosen?You'd be risking a 5% drop in your morale gain as a group. It might be worth it to take the 5% morale drop. In a meta that was suppose to be all about morale bombs a 5% drop is a big deal. The Morale Bomb combo's are basically instant death and not all of them require your morale 4's. You would gain, with the racial renown tactic, 25% to 30% more morale gain then mixed groups.

Have you ever noticed in a highly competitive environment that you basically can't kill anyone? That in my opinion, is by design. Your suppose to use your coordinated morale Bombs to give you the competitive edge to winning.

Ya i agree with you on the no resist buff being god awful and makes this thing pretty un-viable but thats because thousand eye's was nerfed to the ground and had its duration taken from 30 sec's to 10 sec's.

Also note that in Mixed groups a lot of spec's and playstyles are also deemed worthless. So in Mixed groups about 2/3rds of the class's spec's out there are deemed worthless by the community. In these racial groups those spec's provided a function or in my opinion at least used too until mythic started hacking up abilities in order to save subs. You would just get things in different ways.

Here's why I keep bringing this stuff up. I'm kinda trying to stop the hatchet job mythic was doing and hopefully we can start taking off mythic's band aides and see if the wounds have healed since the player base is in charge now.

Ads
Razid1987

Post#9 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:31 pm

Could you, oh I don't know, demonstrate any of this, instead of blabbing on how it works theoretically?

A video with some DE pwnage gameplay would hit the spot, I think.

footpatrol2

Post#10 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Of course I can't. My focus in this game was to stay away from the heavy meta dominating classes so I could find balance within the classes and their spec's. The first class I leveled to max was a BG because everyone thought it was horribly.

I really really wish I had video on that dwarf grp I ran.

Do you really need a video? DE has dominated the meta basically since WAR's release and after 10 plus years it's still very strong. The only thing it lacks is a out the door resistance buff which it eventually got with thousand eye's m4 and a healing class that can cleanse Curse's. But the only classes that bring curses on order side is WL/knight/WP/IB. Not exactly high dps classes except for the WL and WP. But WP's get shamed into having to play healy spec other then dps so that really just leaves the WL.