Recent Topics

Ads

combat questions

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: combat questions

Post#21 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:57 pm

FROM PREVIOUS LINK:
"From reading warhammer alliance, it looks like DoTs and HoTs "remember" the state of their target at time of cast.

So if my HoT ticks on someone for 300, it'll keep on ticking on them for 300 even if they are heal debuffed.

Likewise, if I 5s heal debuff someone on my marauder and they get hotted, the entire duration of the HoT will be 50%, even though the debuff only lasted 5s.

Ditto on resist and armor debuffs. I can verify (on SH and Mara) that DoTs applied while someone is armor debuffed continue to tick for the debuffed value even after the debuff wears off or is purged.

This is the reason why the DoK and Mara heal debuffs were so often being called bugged. They had a huge debuff value (100% and 75%) so the lingering HoT for full value was very noticable.

The short version:

END

They are talkin about a bug that occur when debuff get cleanse baka not about dot damage......................................
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Azarael

Post#22 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:58 pm

@nalgol: Toughness works to negate the opponent's Strength in all things. Should be able to infer the calculation from the ability tooltips.

Razor Strike:
108 Str: 152
179 Str: 173 (21 difference)

Fervor:
108 Str: 74 instant / 114 DoT
179 Str: 85 instant (11 difference) / 135 DoT (21 difference)

For the DoT component, the Strength / Toughness modifications affect the whole damage and not each tick, so the formula is the same as the instant casts, just divided by the number of ticks when applied to each individual tick.
Last edited by Azarael on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tesq

Post#23 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Yea i repeat he wrote "it would appear" and not "it's in this way" you fail to uderstand as you fail posting link in the same way......
If then they want in this way i am no one to change the state of things, i just glade that war is live, and i even didn't want pick fight with you, most of things get work on by memories of player and there are ppl more than me that know combat formula and have tested it even with official dev and i dont think nalg is one of theme (probably dont know) i told this not for lowering his work but for let you understand that what our dev here are doing is fixing a game that wasn't fixed and with no base official formula around, cos there are no official formula for war relased.
All we can find around are player work on formula , so as long you continue post link ( and if they are correct.....) from random ppl on the internet or you quote nalg post this do not give you reason nor it give to me that i post what i remember and or i have tested. The game is totaly going to be rewap, in a way or in another change will occur and we will be never to have the exact same game as before, so just take coup of tea..... they asked us how things work i told them like you told em, like other ppl told em....... stop creat a wall of text telling me i insult you, post wrong link or random link from 2010 write by ppl that have nothing to do with official news or dev

nalgol
Developer

Post#24 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:24 am

dont fight over it ^^

well this is really complicated stuff i've gone through chosen and kotbs today

if you 2 guys have time tomorrow evening we could do a little testing session with those 2 classes

Azarael

Post#25 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:27 am

Yeah, I'm free.

Tesq

Post#26 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:34 am

i will look to be on irc chat, if i can give help your requests are welcome, i've the chosen at rank 10 but kobs is just rank 1 btw

Kaitanaroyr

Post#27 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:16 am

All dots originally stayed on ever after the caster has died
Spoiler:
Wixxy 100 SM,Artemis,100 SW,Wannabeheals 100 WP,Rikashi 100 Kotbs,Whisper 100 WH,Whispers WH,Veioe 100 Zeal,Antzz 98WH,Kaitanaroyr100 WL,Sumtingwong RP,Saturn WP 80,hemorrhage 100 zeal

Tesq

Post#28 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:07 am

Kaitanaroyr wrote:All dots originally stayed on ever after the caster has died
here but not on official, if you die dot get remove as in any other game there is no difference in that, both buff and debuff, only potion and liniment remain active for the total duration of the timer

Ads
Dana
Former Staff

Post#29 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:42 am

Tesq wrote:
Kaitanaroyr wrote:All dots originally stayed on ever after the caster has died
here but not on official, if you die dot get remove as in any other game there is no difference in that, both buff and debuff, only potion and liniment remain active for the total duration of the timer

I think you speak from 2 different things.

When you dot an enemy and then you died the enemy still have the dot. Same when someone dots you and then he dies you still have the dot.

When you get a dot and then you dies the dot get removed from you. Same with enemy.
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Luth

Post#30 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:51 am

Dana is right.

(women are alway right... :|)