Recent Topics

Ads

Which Healer Tank/Dps duo to go?

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tevez

Which Healer Tank/Dps duo to go?

Post#1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:40 am

Hi there guys,

Me and a friend will be starting up together soon and we're not entirely sure what classes to go. Ive decided to play a healer, most likely RP if we go order while he prefers to go Tank style classes.

What would you guys recommend as a good combo and why? I hear WP is meant to go with everything but I would prefer to play a pure healer and I dont think my friend would like playing it either.

Any info would be great, thanks guys.

**Edit: We will be playing mostly PVE and Scenarios I think**

Ads
Mez

Re: Which Healer Tank/Dps duo to go?

Post#2 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:25 am

I mean, a RP is a great mobile healer, good for rvr. You can pick up a stagger and silence to assist your friend with killing, even have a pbaoe knockback which i like to use sometimes to knock a guard away then stagger it mid air so it cant come back and protect its target. But those are small details. The best thing would be a hybrid arch mage where you can do good dps, and toss out heals too. Their gtaoe snare puddle is nice for getting away in RvR from larger numbers, or you can spec a healdebuff if your friend doesn't. Either is a good choice.

If you are duoing in the lakes, ranged is the way to go for dps. I probably steer clear from engi, so bright wizard or shadow warrior is the way to go. if you are just gonna queue scenarios, a melee is fine, like slayer or white lion. I'd avoid a dps tank or a which hunter, at least to start.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Tevez

Re: Which Healer Tank/Dps duo to go?

Post#3 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks for the info Mez,

So far from playing RP i really like how the class works. In SC I just run around spamming instant heals, hots and bubbles while throwing the occasional dot and instant dd (mind you this is only T1).

While playing SC's Order has won 9/10 games that ive played (this isn't a large sample size, but does order fair better than destruction in SCs on average?) I dont know if this is due to having more heals (I would usually top heals if we were winning and then it would be followed by another RP). I honestly dont know much about AM other than they are the shaman equivalent (do they have the same mechanic as shaman with heals buffing damage and vise versa?

As for dpsing as healer hybrid is that a common thing to do? I would of thought pure healer would be a viable thing as I would assume I could keep a tank up if he was 2v1. In all fairness though I know very little of this game and how things pan out late game.

My friend will most likely go Iron Breaker as out of all the order tank classes they look more aesthetically the type of tank character he'd play. I dont know much about the other tank classes, is Knight of the Blazing Sun the Chosen equivalent and Swordmaster the Black Orc?

If you guys have any info on your preferences or play style for the healer classes or the tank classes that would be great.

Thanks again guys.